There are 232 users in the forums

The Rugby Union General Discussion thread

Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Woo hoo! A DRAW!!! And a DRAWN series.

Fair play to both teams... Great game & an even better series.

... Only 12 more years until a shot at redemption.
I was right sporto,win, loss, draw but we were dudded by the french, you know they hate kiwis!
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
I was right sporto,win, loss, draw but we were dudded by the french, you know they hate kiwis!

Sacré bleu ...

I'm fine with the draw, good result. Well played, both teams. Sad that it's over.

~~~~~~
Now, back to SR...

Blues went on holiday one day early, eh? 4by... Please, tell me you didn't just lose to the Sunwolves?

Canes have ruined home field advantage for the Crusaders. Dagger through the heart stuff, in the final round.

All NZ teams, except your mob, made the finals...

Canes v Brumbies (In AUS) - Chiefs v Stormers (In RSA) - Saders v Landers (In Christchurch).

Kings & Cheetahs are the South African teams that got dropped from Super Rugby. But, it looks like they've already been picked up by the Pro12 comp up north.

Aussie billionaire Andrew Forrest seems prepared to help fund the Force, so they may be here to stay?

Wallabies announced, no Quade. Perhaps, the recent June tests were the final chapter in his international career?

Either way, I don't care. He hasn't been elite since 2011.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Jul 19, 2017 at 6:10 AM ]
NAH! Im not satisfied with the AB vs Lions result. First of all i hated barrets kicking which wouldve won us the 2nd and 3rd tests if he had 100%. I hate the french so bad i want isis to f**k'em up again b*****d frogs always makes us lose! And those puncey refs with their sacre bleu! They can go sacre bleu where the sun dont shine! And yes my blues missed the plot completely, its them f**king nz warriors influencing them like the f**king plague! Bloody french c**ts!
NAH! Im not satisfied with the AB vs Lions result. First of all i hated barrets kicking which wouldve won us the 2nd and 3rd tests if he had 100%. I hate the french so bad i want isis to f**k'em up again b*****d frogs always makes us lose! And those puncey refs with their sacre bleu! They can go sacre bleu where the sun dont shine! And yes my blues missed the plot completely, its them f**king nz warriors influencing them like the f**king plague! Bloody french c**ts!

It's always good to have the weaknesses exposed before a RWC. The result will do them a world of good.

PS... Don't forget, a draw is better than a loss.

Hurricanes are out. They won't get a chance to defend their title.

The final is the Crusaders v Lions, in South Africa. Top two sides in the comp according to placement on the table. Tickets are all sold out, apparently. Which is good, particularly after some half-arsed crowds in the semi-finals.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Aug 2, 2017 at 4:48 AM ]
  • AndyB
  • Veteran
Watching the replay of the super rugby final, huge call to be a red card.
Thoughts?
Originally posted by AndyB:
Watching the replay of the super rugby final, huge call to be a red card.
Thoughts?
SBW Vs British lions all over again, in the ol' ol' days that wouldve just been a penalty or on the edge of a yellow card depending if it was deliberate. Me, I would've went for a yellow.
Yes, the Lions got dudded but they almost had a comeback win, I believe grand finals should not implement a red card ever, yellows yes, red? No, it kills the other teams chances,
Some big scores over the weekend lads. Cant they tackle in Rugby anymore?
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
games gotten faster rabbs, similar to leagues pace but alot more fluent and non stop until there's a kick to touch or a breakdown to a ruck forming or scrum or penalty.

About quade, they finally realised he was a Trojan virus, a malicious melware threat to the wallabies😉

... Those horrible Kiwis love to run up the score, Rabbits.

SBW Vs British lions all over again, in the ol' ol' days that wouldve just been a penalty or on the edge of a yellow card depending if it was deliberate. Me, I would've went for a yellow.

Glad the Lions made a game of it, even though they were down to 14 men.

It was the right call though. And so was the SBW red.

Dangerous play has to be taken seriously & punished. The NRL is way too soft when it come to send-offs. In the age of CTE that's just not good enough.

If collision sports don't do everything they can to make the games safer, then don't be surprised if they are all but dead in 20 years time.

PS... I'm not a huge fan of using club games as a loophole to avoid suspension. But others have done it before.

About quade, they finally realised he was a Trojan virus, a malicious melware threat to the wallabies😉

Looks like his test career is over. He's been average since 2011 anyway. About time the Wallabies moved on.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Aug 9, 2017 at 10:54 PM ]
Women's world cup on, hope they do replays on the weekend. Hey sporto check out one of the Alaskan rugby clubs footy grounds it's amazing! I want to go there for a looksy.
[ Edited by 4x4niner on Aug 10, 2017 at 2:56 AM ]
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:

... Those horrible Kiwis love to run up the score, Rabbits.

Glad the Lions made a game of it, even though they were down to 14 men.

It was the right call though. And so was the SBW red.

Dangerous play has to be taken seriously & punished. The NRL is way too soft when it come to send-offs. In the age of CTE that's just not good enough.

If collision sports don't do everything they can to make the games safer, then don't be surprised if they are all but dead in 20 years time.

PS... I'm not a huge fan of using club games as a loophole to avoid suspension. But others have done it before.

Looks like his test career is over. He's been average since 2011 anyway. About time the Wallabies moved on.
Yeah feel sorry for him though, but at least he got plenty of game ttime and career out of it.
Yeah feel sorry for him though, but at least he got plenty of game ttime and career out of it.

If he'd played in NZ his international career would've been over years ago.

Quade & O'Connor, particularly O'Connor, have been huge disappointments considering the potential they had.

Glad Kurtley turned it around, they guy is truly world class.

~~~

Also...

R.I.P - THE WESTERN FORCE... And, likely west coast rugby.

Shameful decision by the ARU, & cowardly by Bill Pulver to abruptly resign.
Share 49ersWebzone