There are 207 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: 2015 & 2016 NBA Finals Thread - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
We call that last bit the "Alex Smith Effect."

oh, I didnt know Lebron sucked for the first 7 years and then rose to become everyones hero.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
so lebron is THAT good huh? Weren't the cavs pure s**t before lebron came back?

I wouldn't say they were pure s**t,

But they definitely needed Lebron to get over that hump.

But here's the thing though, like i've always shown support to lebron, but i really don't like how he decided to proceed into his career.

and i'm talking about forming that team in Miami, easiest way for him to get a championship because he gave up on Cleveland, and now that he's got his championships, then he's jus like well i'm coming home, and try to win one for you guys, but if i don't at least i got those 3 in Miami.

This guy will never be better than Kobe or Jordan.

You wouldn't say they were pure s**t but they just had the number one pick for like 3 years and couldn't make the playoffs in the east. Yes, they were pure s**t and Lebron is the sole reason they are where they are. This s**t is comical.
I'm so excited for this ish.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

edit: BTW, I am conflicted. I will be rooting for the Warriors because its the bay, and a lot of my friends are Warriors fans. But I love Lebron more and more everyday because people have such an irrational hate for the dude.

I don't understand why people have the opinion that LeBron hate is "irrational." It is very obvious why he is hated so much. I mean.....

-Self proclaimed "King"
-called the "Chosen 1" when in high school
-Leaving Cleveland after the organization catered to his every wish
-Ring chasing in his prime by teaming up with other superstars
-The Decision telecast
-The WWF style promo he cut on stage where he declared "not one, not two, not three...."
-His comments about people having to go back and live their lives
-The unwarranted Jordan comparisons

I am not saying I hate LeBron....I don't. I actually really like him. But it is painfully obvious why some people do.
Originally posted by sacniner:

But here's the thing though, like i've always shown support to lebron, but i really don't like how he decided to proceed into his career.

and i'm talking about forming that team in Miami, easiest way for him to get a championship because he gave up on Cleveland, and now that he's got his championships, then he's jus like well i'm coming home, and try to win one for you guys, but if i don't at least i got those 3 in Miami.

You wouldn't say they were pure s**t but they just had the number one pick for like 3 years and couldn't make the playoffs in the east. Yes, they were pure s**t and Lebron is the sole reason they are where they are. This s**t is comical.
QFT
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

QFT
Love, Shumpert, Smith, Perkins, Mozlov, miller, Marion, Jones, Etc Etc...who weren't playing for the Cav's last year
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Love, Shumpert, Smith, Perkins, Mozlov, miller, Marion, Jones, Etc Etc...who weren't playing for the Cav's last year

And why is Love there? And why is smith, shump and mozlov all of a sudden playing well? And does Perkins play? Marion?
Well, very interested watching Green defend Lebron. Leonard did a pretty good job on Lebron last year. In the first 4 games, Lebron had 18 TOs to only 15 Assists.He had a great game 5, but it didn't matter since they lost. Let's see if the Warriors fans were right about Green deserving the DPOY over Leonard.

And why is Love there? And why is smith, shump and mozlov all of a sudden playing well? And does Perkins play? Marion?
All players have contributed in the playoffs....Shump and Smith have been playing well way before James and they are the one keeping James alive with those 3's

All players have contributed in the playoffs....Shump and Smith have been playing well way before James and they are the one keeping James alive with those 3's

The question was "weren't the Cavs pure s*** before LeBron came back?".

Any answer other than "YES" is categorically false.

Are the Cavs doing it with the same players before Lebron = No

Are the Cavs doing it with the same players before Lebron = No

Was that the question? No.

They were like 3 games out from making the playoffs, without half the players they have now.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er
They were like 3 games out from making the playoffs, without half the players they have now.

3 games from making the playoffs in the LEastern Conference means the team is absolute garbage. Again, I am not saying that LeBron is the only addition they made. But simply put, the team was awful before he arrived......which is basically what the OP was asking.

The question was "weren't the Cavs pure s*** before LeBron came back?"

You and 49AlltheTime essentially answered that question with "Yeah, but ________."

Just because you added the "but _______" doesn't change the "yeah." Which is all I was trying to say to begin with.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on May 28, 2015 at 1:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone