LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Oakland Athletics thread

I'm no A's fan but if the team had any brains here's what you do. You buy up some adjacent land near the Coliseum, you demo everything (the area so crap it's practically already demo'd) and you build a new Coliseum while playing out of the old one. Once you have the new one you demo the old one and partner with developers to build shops, apartments, tacky stuff like an M&M store, outdoor eating food court, etc. Of course City of Oakland will stand in your way every step of the way probably have to slip them some cash but in the end your franchises value is tied to your stadium. Get a real stadium then start actually participating in FA with the rest of us.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I'm no A's fan but if the team had any brains here's what you do. You buy up some adjacent land near the Coliseum, you demo everything (the area so crap it's practically already demo'd) and you build a new Coliseum while playing out of the old one. Once you have the new one you demo the old one and partner with developers to build shops, apartments, tacky stuff like an M&M store, outdoor eating food court, etc. Of course City of Oakland will stand in your way every step of the way probably have to slip them some cash but in the end your franchises value is tied to your stadium. Get a real stadium then start actually participating in FA with the rest of us.

Building the new stadium is the problem. CA makes it nearly impossible to build with public money. The A's are far too cheap to finance it themselves.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Building the new stadium is the problem. CA makes it nearly impossible to build with public money. The A's are far too cheap to finance it themselves.

They got to line those city official pockets. Just get a loan it's practically free money nowadays. Or get creative take the team public and sell A's shares. Release your own Oakland A's cryptocurrency with like a cute baby elephant logo people would buy the crap out of it.
Jason Giambi dead. Reportedly suicide. RIP. Sad.
Originally posted by English:

Jeremy

• boast
  • Hella Fame
wow. and i just watched Moneyball for the first time last night. weird.
Originally posted by boast:

What did you think? I love that movie. He didn't come off well in it lol
Jeremy was safe.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by English:

Jeremy

Yep.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

i really enjoyed it and wondered what took me so long to watch it

Had a feeling you would like it. My only gripe was how they portrayed Art Howe. But Hoffman was great as always
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Had a feeling you would like it. My only gripe was how they portrayed Art Howe. But Hoffman was great as always

felt PSH was underused. dude was one of the best. lost him too soon.

felt PSH was underused. dude was one of the best. lost him too soon.

He really was. Watched the talented mr ripley again the other night and next to Scotty J, that was my favorite character of his
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Jeremy was safe.

I was at that game, and saw the in house video feed, and I swear he was safe too.
Share 49ersWebzone