LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Greatest UFC Fighter of All-Time

Greatest UFC Fighter of All-Time

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
True, that is why everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I respect each.

What fighters would you have in your poll for the GOAT?

the guys u have up there, plus guys like tito, chuck, couture. honorable mentions to guys like shamrock, hendo, fedor etc. theres about 10 or 12 guys you could make a case for.

Only reason I didn't put Fedor up there is because the poll is greatest "UFC" fighter not "MMA".
Originally my poll was who was the greatest MMA/UFC fighter, and I had Silva, Jones, GSP, and Fedor on the list. But I decided to focus the thread only on UFC because MMA has too large of a history, and people start to mention Frank Dux and Bruce Lee and s**t like that lol. I thought it would be more interesting to discuss the recent history of the UFC rather than the broad history of MMA as a whole
Originally posted by 9erReign:
cmon man

No doubt this failed drug test definitely hurts Silvas legacy. But did he ever fail an exam during the span he broke UFC records? How about Pride? No. Can't believe people like you would throw away Silva's whole legacy, every incredible KO, because one failed drug test at the age of 40 coming off the most devastating injury in MMA history.

He has 2 failed tests.

Both in the same span for the same fight. Coming off his broken leg injury at age 40
cmon man

No doubt this failed drug test definitely hurts Silvas legacy. But did he ever fail an exam during the span he broke UFC records? How about Pride? No. Can't believe people like you would throw away Silva's whole legacy, every incredible KO, because one failed drug test at the age of 40 coming off the most devastating injury in MMA history.

He has 2 failed tests.

Both in the same span for the same fight. Coming off his broken leg injury at age 40

the thing is once you get busted everything comes into question. that was lance armstrongs deal "i never failed a test"........you'd have to go back and see if he was tested out of competition. the thing with PEDs is with the proper usage of calendar you should never get caught.
cmon man

He has 2 failed tests.

the thing is once you get busted everything comes into question. that was lance armstrongs deal "i never failed a test"........you'd have to go back and see if he was tested out of competition. the thing with PEDs is with the proper usage of calendar you should never get caught.

True, it sucks man. Silva did so much great things for the sport. He's the reason I love it as much as I do today. Personally I don't believe that he every took PEDs prior to his injury. But the speculation will tarnish his legacy forever.
Bones Jones will be the greatest UFC fighter who ever lived!
True, that is why everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I respect each.

What fighters would you have in your poll for the GOAT?

the guys u have up there, plus guys like tito, chuck, couture. honorable mentions to guys like shamrock, hendo, fedor etc. theres about 10 or 12 guys you could make a case for.

Updated the list
Originally posted by YungAce:
Bones Jones will be the greatest UFC fighter who ever lived!

Might have to agree with you. But he will need to finish at a higher rate. I hope we see him fight Cain soon.

I knew Jones was gonna be something special when I watched him fight Bonner a while back. But damn, this dude took it to another level. I knew he would be great, but not that fast. Reminds me of when I watched Drake on degrassi before he was a rapper, and I was like "this guy has some potential to be a good rapper", but he took it far beyond my expectations Lol
cmon man

He has 2 failed tests.

ya...i'm sure Silva was a hardcore roider, he had the body of a Mr. Olympia

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
cmon man

He has 2 failed tests.

Lol that's why I couldn't take the guy seriously earlier in the thread who related Silva to Bonds
Liddell and bones Jones do cocaine doe.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Liddell and bones Jones do cocaine doe.

lol.

[ Edited by ChazBoner on Apr 8, 2015 at 4:13 PM ]
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
cmon man

He has 2 failed tests.

Lol that's why I couldn't take the guy seriously earlier in the thread who related Silva to Bonds

Lance Armstrong was even smaller....
The dude with the pink hair that beat Kimbo Slice's dumb ass

The 1 in 21-1
Silva had my vote till he got popped. It's just hard to say someone's the GOAT after that.

When it's all said and done though I think Jones has a chance to go down as the best ever though I'm not a fan of him out of the ring. He's basically undefeated. Rumble is gonna be his biggest test to date and if he gets past him who else is there outside of a couple tough rematches? Don't think Bader is gonna get past DC, his only legit competition is rumble, dc, Gus and maybe Evans. I might be missing someone though...
Share 49ersWebzone