There are 219 users in the forums

***Official San Jose Sharks 2017-18 Season Thread ***

On paper yes this team can win a cup and if mueller is indeed another vlasic according to sharks coaching and management even better. Along with tierny if he continues his trend up even better, it's just what can this team do MENTALLY in the playoffs. The talent is there as we saw against LA in gms 1-3 but the team is so mentally fragile as we all seen year after damn year. But I'm really anxious to see after the embarrassment of the way they ended and all the same questions they gotta answer how they come out in April. The season is fun due to how much we win but I just wanna fast forward.
To add, Worcester should be a lot more fun to watch this year with way more promising prospects playing out there. My all-prospect team for Worcester:

Tarasov-Hamilton-Crane
Emanuelsson-Oleksuk-Carpenter
Haley-Schwartz-Karlsson
Lerg-Langlois-Bonneau

Tennyson-Fedun
DeMelo-Doherty
Abeltshauser-Young

Grosenick
Anderson
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
On paper yes this team can win a cup and if mueller is indeed another vlasic according to sharks coaching and management even better. Along with tierny if he continues his trend up even better, it's just what can this team do MENTALLY in the playoffs. The talent is there as we saw against LA in gms 1-3 but the team is so mentally fragile as we all seen year after damn year. But I'm really anxious to see after the embarrassment of the way they ended and all the same questions they gotta answer how they come out in April. The season is fun due to how much we win but I just wanna fast forward.

I like what we did with the captaincy, not naming anyone "the guy" so that there's more of a sense of everyone taking leadership and stepping up to keep the team on track in all situations. I think the youth movement will infuse us with an extra kick of energy and intensity. More compete, less "going through the motions" I feel.

While I thought Tierney could be a future star, I didn't expect him to come in and steal a spot so quickly. This speaks to his ability to adjust to the speed of the game, which throughout his development he has shown a remarkable ability to do. Guy has dominated every level he's moved to. Our playoff success will have a lot to do with the development of these young guys towards the end of the season -- just like LA did the past two years.
and what about McGinn? is he only holding Torres spot until he returns?
nice win.. should have done that during game 4, 5, 6, or 7 in the playoffs doe..
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
and what about McGinn? is he only holding Torres spot until he returns?

In his first NHL action last year, McGinn was already putting up points against NHL competition, and on a bad team at that. I'm not sure why the Flyers decided to move him because he was one of their better prospects. If McGinn builds on what he's already doing, I just don't see how they could put him on the bench in the second half of the season. I think Torres' return would more likely push out Burish or Brown. Simply put, neither are as good as McGinn, nor have the upside.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
In his first NHL action last year, McGinn was already putting up points against NHL competition, and on a bad team at that. I'm not sure why the Flyers decided to move him because he was one of their better prospects. If McGinn builds on what he's already doing, I just don't see how they could put him on the bench in the second half of the season. I think Torres' return would more likely push out Burish or Brown. Simply put, neither are as good as McGinn, nor have the upside.
The Flyers? They are terribly run.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Go sharks
Back to back shutouts to start the season. That's impressive
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Not impressive until they play like this in the playoffs.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Not impressive until they play like this in the playoffs.

True
Somehow Patrick Marleau got lumped into the Joe Thornton criticism. He played great in the playoffs, and was our best offensive player aside from Pavelski all last year.

Off to a hot start again. If they want to trade Thornton, go for it, but leave Marleau out of it.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Somehow Patrick Marleau got lumped into the Joe Thornton criticism. He played great in the playoffs, and was our best offensive player aside from Pavelski all last year.

Off to a hot start again. If they want to trade Thornton, go for it, but leave Marleau out of it.

my thoughts exactly, Im all for dealing Thornton, but keep Mr. San Jose
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Niners99:

my thoughts exactly, Im all for dealing Thornton, but keep Mr. San Jose
This, I'll trade Thornton all day before marleau
sharks teasin' us again with this good start..
Share 49ersWebzone