LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Its something personal with Donovan and Klinsmann.

If the US doesn't make it to at least the quarters Klinsmann is toast. The media/fans won't excuse this crap with Donovan. I don't care if he wasn't in perfect shape. You don't even have to start him. He has a knack for scoring when it matters most. Why not just sub him in with 20-30 minutes to go in a close game? I guess Julian Green and DeAndre Yedlin will somehow provide more of a spark than Donovan......
- According to BEin Sports, Barca will send Danny Alves and close to 20M to PSG for Marquinhos.
- According to "France Football," representatives from Roma's Mehdi Benatia are in Barcelona today.

If these are the two center backs that Barca gets I would be very happy. Mats Hummels and Aymeric Laporte would be nice as well.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerAce:
- According to BEin Sports, Barca will send Danny Alves and close to 20M to PSG for Marquinhos.
- According to "France Football," representatives from Roma's Mehdi Benatia are in Barcelona today.

If these are the two center backs that Barca gets I would be very happy. Mats Hummels and Aymeric Laporte would be nice as well.

I'll be very happy as well. I definitely want Marquinhos. I prefer Hummels over Benatia - but I'm not going to complain.
Originally posted by 4ML:
I'll be very happy as well. I definitely want Marquinhos. I prefer Hummels over Benatia - but I'm not going to complain.

How would you feel about Marquinhos and Joao Miranda?

According to "Al Primer Toque," the representatives of Atletico's Miranda have gotten together with Barca's Andoni Zubizarreta. He would be cheaper than Benatia or Hummels, and is older than them (30 years old). He played pretty well this season and I would be fine with him but I still prefer Benatia or Hummels.

If Miranda indeed comes to Barca for cheap, then the team would have more $$ to get Cuadrado and Vidal.

According to "Al Primer Toque," the representatives of Atletico's Miranda have gotten together with Barca's Andoni Zubizarreta. He would be cheaper than Benatia or Hummels, and is older than them (30 years old). He played pretty well this season and I would be fine with him but I still prefer Benatia or Hummels.

If Miranda indeed comes to Barca for cheap, then the team would have more $$ to get Cuadrado and Vidal.

As a fan of Real, I hope Barca doesn't get Vidal. Kid is such a complete player and very good at, seemingly, everything. He can defend and attack. I'm still a novice when it comes to soccer. But I've seen enough of him in matches I've watched (and playing against him in fifa14 lol), to know he'd be a pain.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

With Pique signing a new deal - we don't need two CBs. So, I'll be fine with Marquinhos and Miranda.

I want Vidal over anyone. He'll make this team considerable better offensively and defensively.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
As a fan of Real, I hope Barca doesn't get Vidal. Kid is such a complete player and very good at, seemingly, everything. He can defend and attack. I'm still a novice when it comes to soccer. But I've seen enough of him in matches I've watched (and playing against him in fifa14 lol), to know he'd be a pain.

Congrats on the Champions League title.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Congrats on the Champions League title.

That was hell of a game. Sergio Ramos coming through late. Dudes been on a tear lately. Bale with another big time goal in a big match, earning that money (though the Copa goal was by far better). Loved seeing Marcelo get a goal, he's one of my favorite players to watch.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Barca not to sell Sanchez :)
Good job doodes!
Barca not to sell Sanchez :)
Good job doodes!

Claudio Bravo is supposedly very close to being Ter Stegen's backup. The transfer fee will be between 9 and 12M euros.

Vidal won't leave Juve. Hes a juventino. If anyone has to leave I'd rather it be Pogba. But if Vidal leaves for 60m+ I guess I won't complain. Anything under that would be stupid as he is the best box to box mid in the world.

Forza Juve!
Diego Costa to Chelsea for 42M euros.
Ivan Rakitic going from Sevilla to Barca for 20M euros.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Ivan Rakitic going from Sevilla to Barca for 20M euros.

Not sure how to feel about this move. I mean he's a good player - but I don't know if he's an upgrade from what we have.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Diego Costa to Chelsea for 42M euros.

They'll most likely land Fab too.
Share 49ersWebzone