LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Rafinha and Gerard Deulofeu are back. Great start.

We have our new goalie too!

Now let's go get couple of defenders, another mid, and a forward. I want Vidal...c'mon Make it happen.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Rafinha and Gerard Deulofeu are back. Great start.

We have our new goalie too!

Now let's go get couple of defenders, another mid, and a forward. I want Vidal...c'mon Make it happen.

YEAH!!!!

Latest rumors I've heard:
- Goalie: Willy Caballero (to be the 2nd keeper. Still good enough to be the #1 if needed), Curtois (???, don't think having two young keepers would be good).
- Center back: David Luiz, Hummels, Marquinhos (played for Luis Enrique in Roma), Aymeric Laporte (from Athletic), Mangala (Oporto), Vincent Kompany, Joao Miranda (Atletico), Javi Martinez
- Right back: Juan Guillermo Cuadrado
- Midfield: Arturo Vidal (might be a deal where Alexis Sanchez is involved), Toure Yaya (supposedly wants to come back to Barca)
- forward: Fernando LLorente, Mario Mandzukic, Mario Gomez, Kun Aguero, Eden Hazard

My preferences:
In - Caballero (How does Argentina not have him in their WC squad is mind boggling), Luiz, Laporte, Cuadrado, Vidal, and LLorente.
Gone - Fabregas, Alves, Alexis or Pedro, Song, Sergi Roberto (on loan), Dos Santos(on loan), Cuenca, Afellay

Of course, not much is going to happen until after the World Cup. And then who knows what other names will be rumored.
Latest rumor from Italy has Alexis going to Juve for LLorente and 20 million.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerAce:
YEAH!!!!

Latest rumors I've heard:
- Goalie: Willy Caballero (to be the 2nd keeper. Still good enough to be the #1 if needed), Curtois (???, don't think having two young keepers would be good).
- Center back: David Luiz, Hummels, Marquinhos (played for Luis Enrique in Roma), Aymeric Laporte (from Athletic), Mangala (Oporto), Vincent Kompany, Joao Miranda (Atletico), Javi Martinez
- Right back: Juan Guillermo Cuadrado
- Midfield: Arturo Vidal (might be a deal where Alexis Sanchez is involved), Toure Yaya (supposedly wants to come back to Barca)
- forward: Fernando LLorente, Mario Mandzukic, Mario Gomez, Kun Aguero, Eden Hazard

My preferences:
In - Caballero (How does Argentina not have him in their WC squad is mind boggling), Luiz, Laporte, Cuadrado, Vidal, and LLorente.
Gone - Fabregas, Alves, Alexis or Pedro, Song, Sergi Roberto (on loan), Dos Santos(on loan), Cuenca, Afellay

Of course, not much is going to happen until after the World Cup. And then who knows what other names will be rumored.

That's a solid list. I prefer Hummels/Marquinhos over Luiz but I'll be happy with Luiz as well.

The player I want the most is Vidal. He's exactly what we need in MF. IMO - Cesc is gone. ManU wants him pretty bad - so they'll likely get him. A lot of PL teams are inquiring about Iniesta too but f**k that - I want him to stay. Xavi is at the end of the line. So, we need major reinforcements in the MF. Rafinna helps but he's still a pup. Adding Vidal has to be a priority imho.

Sanchez will be gone too. I want Alves gone. I like Yaya but he is kind can be very inconsistent. I'd LOVE to get Kun.

My wish list:
In - Vidal, Kun, Luiz/Hummels - along with Cuadrado will be perfect.

Also, with Luis Enrique managing the team - I expect a few call-ups from the B team.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Latest rumor from Italy has Alexis going to Juve for LLorente and 20 million.

I like Llorente...I'd give them Alexis and 25M for Vidal.
Originally posted by 4ML:
I like Llorente...I'd give them Alexis and 25M for Vidal.

I would do that in a heartbeat. Alexis really is our 3rd best striker in order Messi, Neymar, and Sanchez. He's finally fitting in and I think we still have some potential to tap from him. I will be very disappointed if they sell him now unless we get a good piece for the future. He's part of the solution. Pedro on the other hand should be sold and possibly Tello. Both want first team minutes. Both raise money for transfers before the ban hits, and raising that money through bench players over a starter in Sanchez is smart business.
Selling Alves, Fabregas, Song, and Sanchez shoud bring in at least 100M. That should be enough to bring in at least 3 players from the 6 I want (1 goalie, 1 right back, 2 center backs, 1 midfielder, 1 forward).

I would sell Sanchez only if Aguero or a tall #9 like LLorente is coming in.

I would not sell Mascherano or Adriano. They are valuable backups that can play multiple positions.
OFFICIAL: David Luiz to PSG.

Hopefully this helps Barca get Marquinhos.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
OFFICIAL: David Luiz to PSG.

Hopefully this helps Barca get Marquinhos.

...but I'll be pissed if we don't get Marquinhos either lol

We better land one of the best CB this summer!! MUST
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Btw...Xavi may leave...and Masch may be leaving too. Napoli is very interested in him, apparently.

Liverpool and Arsenal want Pedro and rumors suggest they're offering upto 25M for him. DO IT.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Really hope we keep him if Pedro is going to fetch 20M+
Real Madrid! Woot Woot!
Landon Donovan being left off the US Squad is a disaster. Jozy Altidore has been playing terrible but still gets on the team over Donovan? What a joke.
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:
Landon Donovan being left off the US Squad is a disaster. Jozy Altidore has been playing terrible but still gets on the team over Donovan? What a joke.

Its something personal with Donovan and Klinsmann.
https://twitter.com/FASfootball/status/469851510399324160/photo/1/large

This is probably why Donovan was left off. Dude looks fat and out of shape. Doesn't want to take the World Cup seriously, I can see why Klinsman left him off.
Share 49ersWebzone