LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

The Baseball Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Valrod33:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
^^^^ i dont think omar vizquel is a hofer

you HAVE GOT to be kidding me

played way past his time just to make his numbers look better, great great defender but thats it.

that's nothing but judgement on your end, I can just as easily argue he played about 2 seasons past his time because he loves the game.

played way past his time just to make his numbers look better, great great defender but thats it.

that's nothing but judgement on your end, I can just as easily argue he played about 2 seasons past his time because he loves the game.
once you play passed 40 you are only doing it to pad your numbers.

I'm not gonna have this silly argument with you

Found this

Since turning 40, he's scratched out 400 more hits while batting just .250/.305/.310. Many voters will cite his career hits total, but that ignores that he hung on for six seasons as basically a replacement-level player.

Im not denying that Vizquel was a great defensive player or anything I just dont think he should be in the HOF just based on that, If Vizquel makes it then Guys like Andruw Jones and Torii Hunter should make it too. Great great defenders but nothing special offensively.

Found this

Since turning 40, he's scratched out 400 more hits while batting just .250/.305/.310. Many voters will cite his career hits total, but that ignores that he hung on for six seasons as basically a replacement-level player.

Im not denying that Vizquel was a great defensive player or anything I just dont think he should be in the HOF just based on that, If Vizquel makes it then Guys like Andruw Jones and Torii Hunter should make it too. Great great defenders but nothing special offensively.

Agree with Val here, I think he's top 20, but I don't know if he's HOF-worthy.
Originally posted by BobS:
Screw Bonds and Clemens, their arrogant denial of the obvious is pretty appalling to me. Anyone see a picture of Bonds now, after he retired he is now almost skinny and an avid cyclist, quick muscles gained by steroids disappear as fast as they came. Clemens was not so obvious, but the fact a power pitcher gets better in his late 30's as he was in his mid 20's is pretty obvious something isn't right. Both those guys would have been HOF material with out cheating.

omg muscles disappear if you stop training daily or change your routine?

is cheating any worse than other character issues of the guys currently in HOF
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I'm not sure this vote makes the HOF a joke, I think they went there for years. Go find any sure fire, no doubt HOF player and see if they got everyone's vote. You won't find it. Cal Ripken for example...how could someone logically not voted for Cal on his first shot. Well he didnt get everyone's vote. That's silly. It just shows two things; some writers don't believe people should get in on the first try (just a stupid thought process), or someone actually thinks Ripken is not a HOF player (again ridiculous, they should not be voting). I'm just giving you one player. You cand find many more like that. I hate this make it on the third, fourth try junk. You are either a HOF player or not.

This, I hate the power trip that writers go on about letting guys in too early. There's nothing on a players plaque showing how many tries it takes for them to get in. You either deserve to be in or you don't. It doesn't make them any less of a HOFer by keeping them out.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by BobS:
Screw Bonds and Clemens, their arrogant denial of the obvious is pretty appalling to me. Anyone see a picture of Bonds now, after he retired he is now almost skinny and an avid cyclist, quick muscles gained by steroids disappear as fast as they came. Clemens was not so obvious, but the fact a power pitcher gets better in his late 30's as he was in his mid 20's is pretty obvious something isn't right. Both those guys would have been HOF material with out cheating.

omg muscles disappear if you stop training daily or change your routine?

is cheating any worse than other character issues of the guys currently in HOF
Steroid gained muscles disappear much faster than ones gained without steroids, that is fact. Steroid made gains even if huge can be totally gone in 2-3 months. Muscles built without steroids can last years or decades before they totally vanish. Cheating is the biggest issue, it renders records attained naturally irrelevant. I am not alone as acknowledging Hank Aaron the all time home run hitter and not Bonds.
[ Edited by BobS on Jan 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone