There are 225 users in the forums

Oakland A's Off season thread

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
"@susanslusser: A major-league executive tells me he believes Stephen Drew will sign with #Athletics for one year with an additional player option for '14."

If the Japanese SS is off the table, then yes, this would be the next best move.
Originally posted by Zachary:
Oh this black guy who stole a lot in his younger dayzzzz

speaking of players who steal a lot
what do you guys think happens with Jemile Weeks?

I thought he was going to be our best player last season Such a disappointment.. Remember when Beane said he was the only player that was "untouchable" in the off season.
If he met expectations (hit around 290 and stole 40+ SBs) our offense would have been so much better, having him instead of the automatic out guys Rosales/Penny. The #2 spot was a big hole in the line up or a while last season, it was supposed to be his spot. But he sucked.

I really hope he bounces back next season.
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
If the Japanese SS is off the table, then yes, this would be the next best move.

Well according to Beane they're going after every short stop they possibly can

I've heard Peralta, Drew, Nakajima, and Escobar but he was traded to the Rays.
In order I prefer Drew, Nakajima, and then Peralta.

We know Drew plays good defense and is at least average with the bat.
There's been questions about Nakajima's ability to play defense at SS and how his game would translate to the MLB.
I think Drew would be the safer choice.

I really hope we resign Drew and McCarthy, then just made a bunch of small moves at other positions. We don't need to make a big splash.

If we resign McCarthy our rotation would be
Anderson, McCarthy, Parker, Milone, Colon. And Griffin and straily as our 6th and 7th options. That'd be a great staff. Maybe Griffin will start over Colon, idk.

I thought he was going to be our best player last season Such a disappointment.. Remember when Beane said he was the only player that was "untouchable" in the off season.
If he met expectations (hit around 290 and stole 40+ SBs) our offense would have been so much better, having him instead of the automatic out guys Rosales/Penny. The #2 spot was a big hole in the line up or a while last season, it was supposed to be his spot. But he sucked.

Steroids.
Originally posted by dcsham:

Steroids.

lol maybe
the guy kept trying to hit with power after he homered twice in 1 game early in the season

him and his brother should take roids together
McCarthy go bye-bye

Arizona DBags sign BMac to a two year, $15.5M deal today, per Jane Lee's Twitter.
McCarthy go bye-bye

Arizona DBags sign BMac to a two year, $15.5M deal today, per Jane Lee's Twitter.

Stupid DoucheBags
Originally posted by dcsham:
McCarthy go bye-bye

Stupid DoucheBags

This
Stephen Drew to Red Sox... I think it's 1 year 9.5 mil. Jon Heyman wasn't very specific. Regardless this move sucks. I was really hoping drew would be back.
Asdrubal come on down!

This freaking sucks any way you twist it.

So basically, Stephen Drew got his $1.35M buyout after the 2012 option was declined, then goes to the BoSox for $9.5M. He made $11M instead of the $10M option we had on the table. It sucks, but I couldn't see us paying Stephen Drew that much dough. He's decent...solid glove, but not that important to our squad. Honestly, I would have rather the A's paid BMac $15M over the next 2 instead of Drew's new contract. McCarthy is a bigger loss IMO.

Still, if we can swing a trade for Asdrubal, I'd be ecstatic!
Nevermind
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Dec 17, 2012 at 2:55 PM ]
We got the Japanese SS!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
We got the Japanese SS!

This!

"@CaseyPrattCSN: #Athletics reportedly close to signing Nakajima reports @jonmorosi and @Ken_Rosenthal. A's indeed having media conference at 2pm tomorrow."
Good sh*t! I've only seen the youtube videos (like Yoenis last year), but he's an exciting player as well.

Our team = young pitching + international ballers LOL
Share 49ersWebzone