LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Oakland A's Off season thread

Jed Lowrie is putting in a bid to become the opening day second baseman. A double and a HR.

Jemile is out with a sore shoulder right now. Sizemore is struggling a bit.

It appears that Hiro has been holding his own thus far.
The two stars of spring training have been outfielders Michael Choice and Shane Petersen. Both will likely start in Sacramento with Michael Taylor (who tore up his pinky finger while throwing away a piece of gum in the A's dugout SMH. He hasn't played in a week)

Barring injury to our big league starters, I'm not sure if any of those guys makes it up to the the bigs til Sept call-ups.
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
The two stars of spring training have been outfielders Michael Choice and Shane Petersen. Both will likely start in Sacramento with Michael Taylor (who tore up his pinky finger while throwing away a piece of gum in the A's dugout SMH. He hasn't played in a week)

Barring injury to our big league starters, I'm not sure if any of those guys makes it up to the the bigs til Sept call-ups.

lol wtf
Dude is already 26 and still can't make our roster. I've given up on him
lol gotta love Balfour

Jane Lee ‏@JaneMLB
Though this is just live BP for Balfour, plenty of expletives heard when he doesn't like a pitch. Guess he's already in midseason form.
Weeks sent down to AAA, even though he batted .370 in spring training
Sizemore remains in the 2b competition with Sogard , Rosales , and maybeJed Lowrie, even though Sizemore has batted .170 this spring
I don't get why they're being so tough on Weeks. I know it's only spring training but he's performed well this spring and they're giving guys like Rosales a better chance for the job than him.

Also Nakajima has played like poop, batting .150 this spring. Beat writers are saying Jed Lowrie might just be our every day SS instead.

And I really hope Rosales and Sogard aren't our 2bs. Both shouldn't be any more than backup infielders, if that.
"It was tough," manager Bob Melvin said of demoting Weeks. "He's had a good spring, certainly offensively more than defensively at this point, but he's worked very hard on his defense and will continue to work very hard on his defense. It was a difficult cut, but we have to cut our numbers down at some point."

Should the A's deem Sizemore unprepared for regular season games before they set their roster, there's a possibility that Rosales and Sogard could form a platoon at second base. And if the decision comes down to choosing just one of those two players, Rosales holds the edge because he's out of options.
Share 49ersWebzone