There are 172 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

• Jiks
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I was hoping you guys could help me out with something. One of the things that I do for my players is share bits of basketball history with them that they might not otherwise ever know. I feel like it's my responsibility to pass the stories of the past down to them. In the last couple of weeks I've posted stuff on our FB page about Michael Cooper, Muggsy Bogues, & Marvin Gaye's National Anthem at the 1983 All-Star Game.

So what are some of the stories/players that YOU would want passed down to the next generation? Remember, these kids were born between 1996-99, so if it ain't about Michael Jordan, there's a pretty good chance that they don't know much about it if it ain't happening today, so you don't have to even go that far back.

I always enjoyed seeing the big men back in the day compete against each other. old school shaq, ewing, olajuwon, sabonis, david robinson, and mourning. it was always so physical.
Lol Sabonis... Not disagreeing with you but haven't heard that dudes name in a while.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I was hoping you guys could help me out with something. One of the things that I do for my players is share bits of basketball history with them that they might not otherwise ever know. I feel like it's my responsibility to pass the stories of the past down to them. In the last couple of weeks I've posted stuff on our FB page about Michael Cooper, Muggsy Bogues, & Marvin Gaye's National Anthem at the 1983 All-Star Game.

So what are some of the stories/players that YOU would want passed down to the next generation? Remember, these kids were born between 1996-99, so if it ain't about Michael Jordan, there's a pretty good chance that they don't know much about it if it ain't happening today, so you don't have to even go that far back.

I always enjoyed seeing the big men back in the day compete against each other. old school shaq, ewing, olajuwon, sabonis, david robinson, and mourning. it was always so physical.
Lol Sabonis... Not disagreeing with you but haven't heard that dudes name in a while.

dude was so skilled, but injuries just stuck around with him.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Reggie Miller vs Knicks

Bird vs Wilkins

That's funny, I JUST posted Reggie Miller vs. Spike Lee on our FB page right now.

-Nique vs. Bird
-Sabonis
-Big dudes
That's funny, I JUST posted Reggie Miller vs. Spike Lee on our FB page right now.

-Nique vs. Bird
-Sabonis
-Big dudes

Noice
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Those 8 pts in under seconds 10 seconds made me a NBA fan as a kid. I can still remember watchin' it. For me, as a kid...that was the most amazing thing any player had ever done as I was growing up. Everyone loved MJ...and all his great dunks and shots...and I loved that the most. From that moment, I rooted every single year for Reggie.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If someone can access ESPN insider and pm me a copy paste of this article, I'd really appreciate that.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/page/PerDiem-130621/lebron-james-historical-postseason-run
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Those 8 pts in under seconds 10 seconds made me a NBA fan as a kid. I can still remember watchin' it. For me, as a kid...that was the most amazing thing any player had ever done as I was growing up. Everyone loved MJ...and all his great dunks and shots...and I loved that the most. From that moment, I rooted every single year for Reggie.

I hated MJ because I felt his wrath... Still do to this day. Dick pushed off and everyone knows it. Even looking for this video pisses me off.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I hated MJ because I felt his wrath... Still do to this day. Dick pushed off and everyone knows it. Even looking for this video pisses me off.

Byron Russel should have ate his wheaties
Rudy T getting his skull smashed in by Kermit Washington and almost dying. A good lesson there. Rudy T wasn't even looking to fight, but he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Jordan pushed off?? More like a love tap. Russell got crossed over so bad, he got turned around.

Originally posted by est1985:
Jordan pushed off?? More like a love tap. Russell got crossed over so bad, he got turned around.

Uh, no. He pushed off like a motherf**ker. But if there was any player in the world that deserved to get away with one it was him, so no whistle.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by est1985:

Uh, no. He pushed off like a motherf**ker. But if there was any player in the world that deserved to get away with one it was him, so no whistle.

he did push off, but I still think he crossed him pretty good lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Rudy T getting his skull smashed in by Kermit Washington and almost dying. A good lesson there. Rudy T wasn't even looking to fight, but he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My girlfriend actually met Kermit Washington at an Office Depot a couple of weeks ago, lol. She didn't know who he was, but told me was this big, black guy named Kermit that used to play for the Lakers.

That's a good one, btw.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo dropped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.
A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo dropped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.

Lol
Share 49ersWebzone