There are 174 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Dwight Howard and Chris Paul have been in contact with each other in an effort to play for the same team next season, according to sources.

"They would love to play together if somebody can make it happen," one of the sources said.

The Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers do not have the available cap space to allow Howard and Paul to team up. If the preference is to play together with the Clippers, they would have to acquire Howard via a sign-and-trade with the Lakers.

Sources say a trade package centered around Blake Griffin and Eric Bledsoe for Howard could be possible. Multiple sources insist Griffin is untouchable but he would almost surely be required for the Lakers to agree to a trade.

The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks all have cap space, though acquiring both players would likely acquire both Howard and Paul to accept less than a full max contract. The Hawks would seemingly have the easiest path to sign both Howard and Paul under that scenario.

Howard has seemingly been uninterested in playing in his hometown of Atlanta.

Both Howard and Paul will be free agents for the first time in their careers this offseason.

Hypothetical...

PG Nash, Bledsoe, Blake, Duhon
SG Kobe
SF Earl Clark (? I think he's an RFA)
PF Blake Griffin, Jordan Hill
C Pau Gasol, Robert Sacre

Jesus man...I hate this
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
Dwight Howard and Chris Paul have been in contact with each other in an effort to play for the same team next season, according to sources.

"They would love to play together if somebody can make it happen," one of the sources said.

The Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers do not have the available cap space to allow Howard and Paul to team up. If the preference is to play together with the Clippers, they would have to acquire Howard via a sign-and-trade with the Lakers.

Sources say a trade package centered around Blake Griffin and Eric Bledsoe for Howard could be possible. Multiple sources insist Griffin is untouchable but he would almost surely be required for the Lakers to agree to a trade.

The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks all have cap space, though acquiring both players would likely acquire both Howard and Paul to accept less than a full max contract. The Hawks would seemingly have the easiest path to sign both Howard and Paul under that scenario.

Howard has seemingly been uninterested in playing in his hometown of Atlanta.

Both Howard and Paul will be free agents for the first time in their careers this offseason.

Hypothetical...

PG Nash, Bledsoe, Blake, Duhon
SG Kobe
SF Earl Clark (? I think he's an RFA)
PF Blake Griffin, Jordan Hill
C Pau Gasol, Robert Sacre

Jesus man...I hate this

Lakers will want Blake Griffin? That will be a terrible move.
paul and howard on the same team

How about the kings?
The only way CP3/Dwight play together is in ATL, IMO. I also don't see that happening. I think CP3 resigns in LA and Dwight does the same for the Lakers.
Bledsoe would start over Nash lol

Or

Nash
Bledsoe
Kobe
Griffin
Pau

Lol
The Bledose/Griffin for Dwight thing came from one of the players agents and wasn't really discussed, per Larry Coon.
With all the rumors circling about trades, I just don't see the clippers making any trade with the Lakers.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
With all the rumors circling about trades, I just don't see the clippers making any trade with the Lakers.

I dont the Lakers would ever agree to a trade with the Clippers
Originally posted by valrod33:

I dont the Lakers would ever agree to a trade with the Clippers

Your incomplete sentence makes it hard to decipher your post, but I think you meant the Lakers wouldn't trade with the clips. I disagree. The Lakers would trade with any team as long as they felt they were getting better. The clips have an inferiority complex with the Lakers. They are the red headed step child that has never done anything but be shown up by the Lakers X a million.
lol

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
lol

What'd they do, re-chisel a statue of Jordan? lol
LOL at the Lakers having to resort to billboards around the city to try and convince Howard to sign with them. Remember when this proud franchise didnt have to beg?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL at the Lakers having to resort to billboards around the city to try and convince Howard to sign with them. Remember when this proud franchise didnt have to beg?

Translation: I am here to incite you. Take my bait.

After I posted this I saw the same thing in the NBA thread by Pete. So tell me.. why did you not say anything to him? Hmmmm?? I think its pathetic that they put billboards up saying STAY.

After I posted this I saw the same thing in the NBA thread by Pete. So tell me.. why did you not say anything to him? Hmmmm?? I think its pathetic that they put billboards up saying STAY.

Translation: My attempt to incite obviously didn't work. I shall post more bait in an attempt to further incite you.
Share 49ersWebzone