There are 124 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Obviously I agree, but I think this year is really pivotal for him. His comments yesterday definitely were a step in the right direction and I like his confidence right now.

what were his comments?

Essentially that he's not the same player as last year and wasn't fully prepared for major league pitching and that he's stronger mentally.

Admitted his faults and claimed to have found his groove and the mental toughness required to be a good player. He looks good, that's for sure.

Nice, thanks.

I've always defended him, but I'd like to see him translate this success into the regular season first.
Belt hit another HR today. Glad he's having a monster spring but I don't want to get too excited.

I have to remind myself these arizona ballparks are bandboxes for the most part and flyballs get plenty of carry.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Belt hit another HR today. Glad he's having a monster spring but I don't want to get too excited.

I have to remind myself these arizona ballparks are bandboxes for the most part and flyballs get plenty of carry.

True, but none of his homers have been cheapies. All really huge bombs, a couple oppo.

Want him to translate it to the regular season, but I guess we'll see.
Dodged a bullet Timmy turned down that 100 mil.

Yeah... Wow.

Ive always been a huge Timmy supporter but I've never seen a guys talent fall off like that. Went from arguably the best pitcher in baseball to a top 5 to the worst starting pitcher in baseball.

And why was he so effective out of the bullpen?! I feel it's gotta be because he actually warms up like he should. But obviously dude isn't the same. I'd give him a few starts to see how it goes. But something will have to change if this keeps up.

Still... Posey/Pablo/Timmy have 2 rings and Stras/Zim/Harper have none. Lol
[ Edited by skeetskeet on Mar 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM ]

True, but none of his homers have been cheapies. All really huge bombs, a couple oppo.

He is showing good oppo power for sure. Very positive about this.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Dodged a bullet Timmy turned down that 100 mil.

Yeah... Wow.

Ive always been a huge Timmy supporter but I've never seen a guys talent fall off like that. Went from arguably the best pitcher in baseball to a top 5 to the worst starting pitcher in baseball.

And why was he so effective out of the bullpen?! I feel it's gotta be because he actually warms up like he should. But obviously dude isn't the same. I'd give him a few starts to see how it goes. But something will have to change if this keeps up.

Still... Posey/Pablo/Timmy have 2 rings and Stras/Zim/Harper have none. Lol

Still think Timmy is better than Kershaw? LOL
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

He is showing good oppo power for sure. Very positive about this.

His HR today was a f**king BOMB.
Let's go Giants ease the pain of the 49ers season.
Originally posted by BayArea:

Won't happen unless we solve our LF issue.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I read that last year too.

Originally posted by pdizo916:

I read that last year too.

This isn't last year
Pablo Sandoval tried to play light catch Saturday but couldn't make it through the workout, manager Bruce Bochy said.

Sandoval will be re-evaluated Sunday, but this obviously isn't good news for the third baseman. He has been dealing with a bone spur in his throwing elbow, though Bochy said surgery hasn't been discussed as of yet. With just over a week until the start of the season, his outlook for Opening Day is getting bleaker by the minute
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
This isn't last year

You are the most negative person in the world. I have no idea sometimes if you actually like the Niners or giants
This isn't last year

You are the most negative person in the world. I have no idea sometimes if you actually like the Niners or giants

2 championships in 3 years, one of, if not the best manager in baseball, a beautiful park, Posey, Cain, Vogey, Improved Zito, madbum, Casilla, Timmy, Romo, Affeldt the serial killer, Belt, blockbuster Scutaro, Crawdawg, Pablo, Pagan, Pence, Hector, Javy, etc, there is a lot to be happy about!
This isn't last year

2 championships in 3 years, one of, if not the best manager in baseball, a beautiful park, Posey, Cain, Vogey, Improved Zito, madbum, Casilla, Timmy, Romo, Affeldt the serial killer, Belt, blockbuster Scutaro, Crawdawg, Pablo, Pagan, Pence, Hector, Javy, etc, there is a lot to be happy about!

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION IN LEFT FIELD IS DIRE FIRE SABEAN AND BAALKE AND HIRE SINCALFAITHFUL AS A DOUBLE GM.
Share 49ersWebzone