LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 422 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Brandon Belt's spring so far: .439 average, 6 homers, 5 doubles, 16 RBIs, 12 runs, 1 great quote about Carrie Underwood's hair.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Brandon Belt's spring so far: .439 average, 6 homers, 5 doubles, 16 RBIs, 12 runs, 1 great quote about Carrie Underwood's hair.

Yeah man, I am thinking he will be much more starter looking this year. Never under estimate big league experience. If he ups his hitting numbers this year to pair with his solid 1st base, boom...maybe we wont have to read all these dudes in here b***hing about him all year.
Belt 4-4 2 HRs and 4 RBIs
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Belt 4-4 2 HRs and 4 RBIs

Ya listened to the game on the radio. Belt laying wood.....
Can't wait for opening day.
Brandon Belt
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Brandon Belt

He sucks. Should not be on the team.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Brandon Belt

He sucks. Should not be on the team.

Agreed. I still think we should bring back Damon Minor.
Brandon Belt

Even though this is only spring training, I'm hoping for a legitimate 5/6 hitter who can hit 15-20 HR's.

Is that too much to ask?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Brandon Belt

Even though this is only spring training, I'm hoping for a legitimate 5/6 hitter who can hit 15-20 HR's.

Is that too much to ask?

Like ive been saying since he was first called up, this kid has a chance to be special.

He has a rare ability to take walks at a young age. combine that with the pop in his bat, and his budding defensive ability...

I think that because of his awkward, likeable personality, and the fact that he shot through the minors so fast hes had to take most his pro AB's in the Majors, people have lost track of the fact that he has the makings of a star player. I think these next couple years hes going to get the attention of the rest of baseball.

Watching Chase Headley these last few years, I always had a feeling he had all the tools to become a superstar. Last year he broke out, and I wasnt surprised at all. I have the same feeling about Belt.

Obviously I agree, but I think this year is really pivotal for him. His comments yesterday definitely were a step in the right direction and I like his confidence right now.
Obviously I agree, but I think this year is really pivotal for him. His comments yesterday definitely were a step in the right direction and I like his confidence right now.

what were his comments?
Dodged a bullet Timmy turned down that 100 mil.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Dodged a bullet Timmy turned down that 100 mil.

@CSNBaggs: Lincecum wasn't results-obsessed this spring, but he can't feel good about a 10.97 ERA and a 2.25 WHIP.

what were his comments?

Essentially that he's not the same player as last year and wasn't fully prepared for major league pitching and that he's stronger mentally.

Admitted his faults and claimed to have found his groove and the mental toughness required to be a good player. He looks good, that's for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone