There are 243 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by DRnSFw:
opening day can't come quick enough

I concur with this statement.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Villalona looking like he'll be starting in SJ, just optioned there this morning.

he's still 22.

I think 2 years he's in the bigs.

God damn.

I know people say our Farm system is weak. But I don't necessarily agree. Yes, we don't really have any super star prospects...but look at our roster, they are all already in the bigs winning championships.

i think we have some nice pieces of young talent that can come up in the next few years and help keep us rolling, dynasty style.

I don't see many bats in the minor leagues that jump out at me, but the trio of Crick, Blackburn and Stratton has me very excited about the starting rotation for YEARS to come. It's very encouraging to see, and it makes the sting of Wheeler a little less painful.
Villalona looking like he'll be starting in SJ, just optioned there this morning.

he's still 22.

God damn.

I know people say our Farm system is weak. But I don't necessarily agree. Yes, we don't really have any super star prospects...but look at our roster, they are all already in the bigs winning championships.

i think we have some nice pieces of young talent that can come up in the next few years and help keep us rolling, dynasty style.

going from the murder trial to the big leagues in 2 years is incredibly unlikely. He wasnt even showing much promise before the legal trouble. Id say a Sept. callup in 2015 is more realistic, if he makes it.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Niners99:

he's still 22.

God damn.

going from the murder trial to the big leagues in 2 years is incredibly unlikely. He wasnt even showing much promise before the legal trouble. Id say a Sept. callup in 2015 is more realistic, if he makes it.

The murder trial has nothing to do with the time it takes him to reach the majors. He's been in pro-ball since he was 16 years old. If he's going straight to Fresno, and he murders it down there ( ), he'll get a call up at some point regardless of what has happened in his past.

He was fantastic in the DSL, but just mediocre during spring training. If he starts in San Jose, it's going to take him a bit to get up to the MLB level and that's what it is looking like right now.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I don't see many bats in the minor leagues that jump out at me, but the trio of Crick, Blackburn and Stratton has me very excited about the starting rotation for YEARS to come. It's very encouraging to see, and it makes the sting of Wheeler a little less painful.

I don't think we need much.

We have no super star prospects but guys who are likely to be decent pro ball players, who given the offensive core players we have, should fit in nicely.

he's still 22.

God damn.

The murder trial has nothing to do with the time it takes him to reach the majors. He's been in pro-ball since he was 16 years old. If he's going straight to Fresno, and he murders it down there ( ), he'll get a call up at some point regardless of what has happened in his past.

The murder trial that totally interrupted his baseball development has nothing to do with it? He was gone for quite a while, and im guessing being accused of murder by the legal system doesnt exactly help you focus on your swing.

Hes not going to Fresno. Hes starting back where he left off in A ball. Hes never showed any signs of being a legit prospect since we first signed him. I dont get where people got this idea that he was almost ready. He was looking like an early bust before the murder trial. Hes been out dealing with that for what, 3 years? He isnt going to just step back into baseball and be on the fast track to the bigs. He last played regularly in the minors in 2009.

I hope he can overcome all the troubles and make it someday, but outside being a 16 year old manchild worthy of a lottery ticket signing bonus, hes been very underwhelming.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Mar 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
The murder trial that totally interrupted his baseball development has nothing to do with it? He was gone for quite a while, and im guessing being accused of murder by the legal system doesnt exactly help you focus on your swing.

Hes not going to Fresno. Hes starting back where he left off in A ball. Hes never showed any signs of being a legit prospect since we first signed him. I dont get where people got this idea that he was almost ready. He was looking like an early bust before the murder trial. Hes been out dealing with that for what, 3 years? He isnt going to just step back into baseball and be on the fast track to the bigs. He last played regularly in the minors in 2009.

I hope he can overcome all the troubles and make it someday, but outside being a 16 year old manchild worthy of a lottery ticket signing bonus, hes been very underwhelming.

I said two years. Thats plenty of time to get his bearings back.

If he's ready he's ready, if not then I'm sure its not the end of the world.

he's still 22.

God damn.

In general, I think your constant and overall negativity is difficult to digest and often times smacks more of bitterness and anger more so than cold, factual analysis.

But in this case, I think you're spot on.

How's that for a back-handed compliment?
Lol

I was really hoping that the 9ers would match the Giants with a championship this year. As much as I love the Giants and as many games of theirs I see every year I would trade their two trophies for a 9ers trophy.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

he's still 22.

God damn.

In general, I think your constant and overall negativity is difficult to digest and often times smacks more of bitterness and anger more so than cold, factual analysis.

But in this case, I think you're spot on.

How's that for a back-handed compliment?

Around Giants fans, im "too negative". Around other fans, im "a homer".

Im all for being confident in my team, but people tend to go overboard.

Btw, what exactly would I be "bitter" and "angry" about?
[ Edited by Niners99 on Mar 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
I was really hoping that the 9ers would match the Giants with a championship this year. As much as I love the Giants and as many games of theirs I see every year I would trade their two trophies for a 9ers trophy.

Trippin doot.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by BayArea:

Trippin doot.

Yeah no the Niners will get theirs in the near future, enjoy the great baseball while we have it
Share 49ersWebzone