LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Can't blame Brian Wilson for holding out. The dude is trying to get the best possible contract. Who would not?

It's a business decision, not a question of nostalgia. The guy has to prove he is ready to roll and has yet to prove he can hang with the big boys. Imagine giving him a huge guaranteed contract and he throws his arm out immediately thereafter,. No team in their right mind would do that. I'm like Garcia, believe he will come back to the Giants, If he does fall flat, he can work on developing his business contacts in San Francisco.

are we really that much alike Roger? Can I call you Roger?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Either Roger or Mr. Craig will suffice.

Either Roger or Mr. Craig will suffice.

Humm Baby
Apparently the Giants are going to look into locking Posey up longterm this spring per Henry Schulman.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Apparently the Giants are going to look into locking Posey up longterm this spring per Henry Schulman.

fire sabean immediately.

Expected, but still glad talks of extending his contract will happen soon. He's not going anywhere, lifetime Giants player, FTW!

fire sabean immediately.

yeah he has done a terrible job, i mean comon 2 rings in 3 years, the man sucks
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

fire sabean immediately.

yeah he has done a terrible job, i mean comon 2 rings in 3 years, the man sucks

He's obviously not top 10, anyone can see that.
Vogelsong and Affeldt are playing for Team USA

Sandoval is expected to play for Venezuela

Romo might play for Mexico
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

I am glad that Buster turned down the invite. Dont need him to get hurt.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

I am glad that Buster turned down the invite. Dont need him to get hurt.

Him and Cain turned down invites, who else got invited to the WBC
Romo has dual citizenship? ¿How is it possible for Romo to consider playing for Méjico?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Romo has dual citizenship? ¿How is it possible for Romo to consider playing for Méjico?

pretty sure his dad is illegal (was)
Report: Brian Wilson Not Offered Major League Contract by Mets After Disappointing Workout Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/01/report-brian-wilson-not-offered-major-league-contract-by-mets-after-disappointing-workout/ http://nesn.com/2013/01/report-brian-wilson-not-offered-major-league-contract-by-mets-after-disappointing-workout/
Report: Brian Wilson Not Offered Major League Contract by Mets After Disappointing Workout Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/01/report-brian-wilson-not-offered-major-league-contract-by-mets-after-disappointing-workout/ http://nesn.com/2013/01/report-brian-wilson-not-offered-major-league-contract-by-mets-after-disappointing-workout/

Wilson will come crawling back. Were the only ones who know his health record, and how to manage this recovery. Everyone else is just going to lowball him with a minor league contract.
Share 49ersWebzone