There are 164 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I play the game, so if theres a choice between him being on it, or not on it, if rather him be on it. ill take the 5 secs to vote for him. And cover curses of any kind are ridiculous. Madden and SI are the only ones that are even recognized as "bad luck". We all saw how much bad luck the Madden cover brought Calvin Johnson this year..

no playoffs

franchise qb questioned

head coach on fire

not personal bad luck, but his team sucked hard especially after last year

lol you can literally find some kind of bad luck tied to any player if you try hard enough. Its called "life's not perfect".

Calvin Johnson was on the Madden cover, and he broke Jerry Rice's rec. yards record.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
What happened to the Giants huge voting fanbase?

Posey is in 2nd to last place on the MLB 13 Cover Vote. McCutchen is going to win by a mile it looks like. Hes at 78,000, Posey is only at 20,000.

Because SF fans know what is important and what isnt. This most certainly isnt.

Its good for his publicity. Its also an honor, regardless of how insignificant.

You dont care, because im guessing you arent into gaming. But the people who play the game would like to see him on the cover.

I play video games and honestly don't care. The dude has been ultra successful during his time as a pro. Who cares about being on the cover of a game. Plus, I'm a bit superstitious and I don't want any bad luck from it.

I play the game, so if theres a choice between him being on it, or not on it, if rather him be on it. ill take the 5 secs to vote for him. And cover curses of any kind are ridiculous. Madden and SI are the only ones that are even recognized as "bad luck". We all saw how much bad luck the Madden cover brought Calvin Johnson this year..

I know The Show hasn't really been recognized for having bad luck coverboys, but Adrian Gonzalez had a tough year with all that BS in Boston, Joe Mauer has never gotten right. I guess I'm just superstitious that way.

Joe Mauer is hitting .315 with 2 all-star selections and a top 8 MVP finish in the 3 years since he first was on the cover...
What happened to the Giants huge voting fanbase?

Posey is in 2nd to last place on the MLB 13 Cover Vote. McCutchen is going to win by a mile it looks like. Hes at 78,000, Posey is only at 20,000.

Because SF fans know what is important and what isnt. This most certainly isnt.

Its good for his publicity. Its also an honor, regardless of how insignificant.

You dont care, because im guessing you arent into gaming. But the people who play the game would like to see him on the cover.

I play video games and honestly don't care. The dude has been ultra successful during his time as a pro. Who cares about being on the cover of a game. Plus, I'm a bit superstitious and I don't want any bad luck from it.

People in the Bay Area have more important things to do than vote for silly things evidently.

For someone who doesnt play video games, or care at all about this, you sure have alot to say.
The cover of MLB 13 isn't a big deal. I'll play the game though.
Joe Mauer is hitting .315 with 2 all-star selections and a top 8 MVP finish in the 3 years since he first was on the cover...

He also finished top 19 in 2012 AL MVP voting.
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

He's also richer than anyone else on this board combined.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

He's also richer than anyone else on this board combined.

so is jamarcus russel
For someone who doesnt play video games, or care at all about this, you sure have alot to say.

LOL How do you know if I play video games or not. I dont care.. and obviously most of the Bay Area doesnt either.

LOL How do you know if I play video games or not.

Well do you?

Well do you?

Does it matter? Really? I just wouldnt care whether Buster Posey was on the cover of the game whether I played it or not. Just not a big deal at all to me. I think its fine that its important to you but totally get it why others wouldnt.

Originally posted by AmpLee:

I dont give a s**t if he is on the cover if it matters
  • jrg
  • Veteran
McCutchen wins

Well do you?

Does it matter? Really? I just wouldnt care whether Buster Posey was on the cover of the game whether I played it or not. Just not a big deal at all to me. I think its fine that its important to you but totally get it why others wouldnt.

What is a "video game"? Is that like Pong?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dcsham:
What is a "video game"? Is that like Pong?

Giants signed RHP Mason Tobin to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training. Had TJ surgery in 2009; released by the Rangers last year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=tobin-001mas

Who knows, he may never make the majors but I'm always intrigued by a signing, especially a pitcher since the Giants seem excellent in evaluating them and finding them.
Share 49ersWebzone