LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Done wrapping....feet up...beer in hand.....'12 NLDS Game 5 rerun FTW.

Shelling Latos was one of best highlights of the postseason imo.

LATOS IS THE WORST.

I was just thinking about that today. The feeling of watching Posey go yard for the slam.... the best.
Sandy Rosario could be a decent pitcher under proper guidance. Heard good things about him. Has been involved in five different transactions that have sent him to four different organizations since Oct. 17, 2012. So, he cannot be that bad, having been picked up each time after being involved in so many transactions. A transcontinental toyboy.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Sandy Rosario could be a decent pitcher under proper guidance. Heard good things about him. Has been involved in five different transactions that have sent him to four different organizations since Oct. 17, 2012. So, he cannot be that bad, having been picked up each time after being involved in so many transactions. A transcontinental toyboy.

Being on 5 teams in one offseason is a bad thing. Hes "just a guy" imo.
Merry Christmas everyone. Go Giants!
Originally posted by Niners99:
Being on 5 teams in one off season is a bad thing. He's "just a guy" imo.

You could be absolutely correct.
cuddling with the side piece watching the series replay
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Being on 5 teams in one off season is a bad thing. He's "just a guy" imo.

You could be absolutely correct.

Yes....see the travels of the great Eli Whiteside this off season.
I posted this in the MLB thread. I know many of you in here will love Justices' last statement:

Richard Justice (a notable Giants doubter) with his take on the 2013 Giants...good article on MLB.com. His take:

The Giants have:

• One of baseball's two or three best rotations.
• A lineup built around NL Most Valuable Player Award winner Buster Posey.
• Baseball's best manager, Bruce Bochy.

The Giants also have one of the great general managers of his time in Brian Sabean, who understands that roster building is more an art than a science. He's knee deep in the science stuff, too, but he understands how to make the various pieces fit better than almost anyone.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121226&content_id=40792076&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
time for a new 2013 thread boys?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
time for a new 2013 thread boys?

NO! My vote is no new thread until the Giants get officially eliminated from playoff contention. As long as we are the defending World Series champions, no new thread, if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

One more note after the 2010 season someone decided we needed a new thread and the 2011 season didn't end to well. Don't make the same mistake twice.
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Dec 26, 2012 at 7:10 PM ]

Theres no reason to start a new thread. Keep the same one going.
Originally posted by dcsham:
I posted this in the MLB thread. I know many of you in here will love Justices' last statement:

Richard Justice (a notable Giants doubter) with his take on the 2013 Giants...good article on MLB.com. His take:

The Giants have:

The Giants also have one of the great general managers of his time in Brian Sabean, who understands that roster building is more an art than a science. He's knee deep in the science stuff, too, but he understands how to make the various pieces fit better than almost anyone.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121226&content_id=40792076&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

lol, Trading an elite pitching prospect for a rental player who doesn't yield a compensational pick must be an art form on a higher level.
any news on Brian Wilson?
Originally posted by dcsham:

The Giants have:

lol, Trading an elite pitching prospect for a rental player who doesn't yield a compensational pick must be an art form on a higher level.

Lol, Sabean could win the WS over the next two years in a row and you would still hate.
Freddy Garcia threw five (count 'em, five) wild pitches in one game -- in a game where he didn't even make it through five innings. Meanwhile, Madison Bumgarner has pitched 534 innings and faced 2,205 hitters -- and still hasn't thrown five WPs in his career.

Finally, I promised Giants reliever Jeremy Affeldt he'd win this award. So he can call off the lobbying blitz.

Only a guy who has cornered the market on Strange But True Household Calamities could burst through the door after a game, crouch down to wait for his 4-year-old son to jump into his arms and then … (uh-oh!) get bowled over, sprain a medial collateral ligament in his knee and spend the next two weeks on the disabled list.

-Jayson Stark
Share 49ersWebzone