LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 334 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
got chills watching the WS dvd intro

The end of it with them mocking Pence is hands down one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

Nice line-up. Crawford seems to be coming around with the bat. Not an easy out in the starting line-up except the pitcher.

LOL Yes it would be a nice lineup if Stanton was in it.

I would personally go Pagan-Scutaro-Posey-Stanton-Pablo-Pence-Belt-Crawford. God its nice to dream.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

Nice line-up. Crawford seems to be coming around with the bat. Not an easy out in the starting line-up except the pitcher.

LOL Yes it would be a nice lineup if Stanton was in it.

I would personally go Pagan-Scutaro-Posey-Stanton-Pablo-Pence-Belt-Crawford. God its nice to dream.

I would go

Trout
Reyes
Posey
Panda
Stanton
Pujols
Phillips
Jay Bruce
Blanco 4th OF

Thats my Giants team... we will probably have to trade and divide up shares in ownership of the franchise and our entire farm system but I think it's doable.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 3, 2012 at 10:47 PM ]
Scuturo agent meets with Cards
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dcsham:
I think that some of you are being just a little bid hard on Garcia about Gary Brown, but I also believe that Ghost makes some excellent points. One more positive from the signing of Angel Pagan (other than the fact that I think he is a very good centerfielder and excellent in our ballpark) is that it gives the Giants some more time to evaluate Brown. Like I said earlier, this is a key year for him. He needs to keep up to momentum from his 2nd half last year or I believe his value will significantly drop.
I'm pretty sure I remember Garcia saying F*ck Gary Brown about two months ago. He hates Brown and almost no one should believe him when he denies it.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
I'm pretty sure I remember Garcia saying F*ck Gary Brown about two months ago. He hates Brown and almost no one should believe him when he denies it.

I did say f**k Gary Brown.
Because at the time everyone was ready to crown his ass. (some still do) My comments have stayed consistent on the dude.
I think most would agree he is probably not our top prospect going into 2012

But I don't "hate" him. I mean get real with all that. I don't hate anybody, except jrg
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:03 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Projecting a top prospect's ETA is not really crowning anyone.

How excited you got by the Pagan re-signing just so you could quickly call Brown expendable only confirmed you hate him. Might as well admit it.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Projecting a top prospect's ETA is not really crowning anyone.

How excited you got by the Pagan re-signing just so you could quickly call Brown expendable only confirmed you hate him. Might as well admit it.

I don't know how the Giants feel about him.

I know they are overpaying for Pagan instead of putting a cheap 'place-holder' until Brown arrives, as a lot of people on here suggested. Obviously, that doesn't seem like it's going to happen over the next two years. But who knows?

Until he proves he can play at a high level in AA/AAA consistently I'm not ready anticipate him making the MLB Roster.
Does that mean I hate him? No. I don't know this guy personally - Why in the world would I hate him?
Does that mean I want him to do bad? No, wtf?
Does that make him expendable? I think thats a very fair question... If the Giants FO is convinced he is not going to be much of player or maybe as great as they thought he was when Brown was drafted... I'd say you try and maximize his value and trade him for some decent value before he is a 26 Year Old 'Prospect'.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:24 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Hate him as a person. Seriously? You know I meant as a player.

Last I checked Pagan can only play one OF spot and there's still Left field open and maybe Right field open after next season unless Pence re-signs.
[ Edited by Hopper on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Last I checked Pagan can only play one OF spot and there's still Left field open and maybe Right field open after next season unless Pence re-signs.

Not if we sign Josh Hamilton... lol I kid.

If thats the case with LF/RF why was Francisco Peguero brought up in September instead of Brown? They are both 24. Granted, Peguero has been in the minors since 2005.... But still I think thats pretty telling.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM ]

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

If thats the case with LF/RF why was Francisco Peguero brought up in September instead of Brown? They are both 24. Granted, Peguero has been in the minors since 2005.... But still I think thats pretty telling.
Not telling at all. Brown needed a full season in the Eastern League after he got off to a slow start.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Not telling at all. Brown needed a full season in the Eastern League after he got off to a slow start.

Minor leagues are over in september no?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Peguero had over 2400 AB's in the minors, which was more than double what Brown had. They werent going to rush him, especially when he wasnt having that great of a season.

Signing Pagan wasnt really telling of anything. He will just slide over to LF when Brown is ready.
Don't know if anyone's read this yet, but it's a good article:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/angel-pagan-not-aubrey-huff/
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Don't know if anyone's read this yet, but it's a good article:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/angel-pagan-not-aubrey-huff/

Feel slightly better after reading, overpaying is one thing, but the extra 4th year still annoys me for some reason.
Share 49ersWebzone