LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Wow. Angel Pagan got 40 million

and a 2012 world series ring.

Now it's time to trade Gary Brown for a corner outfield spot. Who's available?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Well, time to trade Gary Brown I guess.

Another thought is should Pagan have a productive 2013 season, and Gary Brown is MLB ready by 2014, the Giants could trade Pagan for either a corner outfielder or starting pitcher at the 2013 winter meetings.

That is a possibility. Either way, one will be traded at some point.

The bottom line is the Giants will get another season to evaluate Gary Brown whether or not they feel he can cut it as a starter. Next winter there will teams who desperately will want an experienced lead off hitter. These teams more than likely would be willing to spare a corner outfielder or starting pitcher under contract to get that player. Should Pagan have a decent season next year, 3 years at 30M won't looks as bad compared to what other Free Agents will demand next year. With that said I'm glad Pagan is back to help us next year given that Gary Brown needs at least another full season in the minors.
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Dec 3, 2012 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.

I like it. Now we can trade for Giancarlo and call it a day.

I'm worried about how much we're signing him for, but whatever, I defer to Sabes at this point.

Trade Gary Brown and pitching to the Marlins for Stanton and call it an off-season.

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

Pence hitting 7th? worst idea ever lol

Really? Where would you hit the guy in that lineup? In my opinion 7th would be the perfect spot.

Exactly what I was thinking. Frisco likes to comment on stuff but never explain his reasoning.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
welcome back, Angel Pagan!

Woohoo!!!

4 years $40 million is not bad for one of the better starting CF/Leadoff hitters in the game right now.

Looking at a sabermetrics article a while back the combo of him + blanco at the leadoff spot was one of the most productive spots in all of baseball.
good signing!

The fact that they gave him 4 years tells us everything we need to know about Gary Brown.... HES EXPENDABLE!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
here is the article:

http://walksaber.blogspot.com/2012/11/2012-leadoff-hitters.html
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.

I'm worried about how much we're signing him for, but whatever, I defer to Sabes at this point.

Trade Gary Brown and pitching to the Marlins for Stanton and call it an off-season.

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

ok, you LOL but you don't put a reason why. care to explain?

Pence is too good to be hitting behind the likes of Belt for God sakes: 3 Posey 4 Panda 5 Pence

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

Pence is too good to be hitting behind the likes of Belt for God sakes: 3 Posey 4 Panda 5 Pence

LOL to that one.

What?! Belt was able to get on base on a more consistent basis than Pence last season when we were making our run, whether it be by walks or hits. I like Pence, but he struck out A LOT. Hitting seventh is PERFECT for him. I don't know what you've been watching.

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

LOL to that one.

I told you
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Pagan
Scutaro
Belt
Posey
Panda
Pence
Blanco
Craw

Originally posted by Garcia:
Pagan
Scutaro
Belt
Posey
Panda
Pence
Blanco
Craw

Belt still needs some seasoning in my opinion, Panda should still bat third for the time being until Belt proves that he belongs there by being consistent.
Pagan
Scutaro
Belt
Posey
Panda
Pence
Blanco
Craw

We gotta find a lf I DO NOT want blanco starting, he should be a 4th outfielder
Pagan
Scutaro
Belt
Posey
Panda
Pence
Blanco
Craw

Belt still needs some seasoning in my opinion, Panda should still bat third for the time being until Belt proves that he belongs there by being consistent.

No question about that.
Welcome back Pagan!
Garcia you keep posting about Gary Brown it's obvious you don't like him. Just because we sign Pagon doesn't mean Gary Brown is gone people trade all the time look at Jose Reyes if you want Pagon for two years but you have to have a four-year contract to do it you trade them after two years not saying that's what's going to happen but you're overreacting a little bit besides Gary Brown may end up being the leftfielder of the future unit you never know. I used Siri to post this which is why the spelling and punctuation is all jacked up
Share 49ersWebzone