There are 201 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.

I like it. Now we can trade for Giancarlo and call it a day.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.

I'm worried about how much we're signing him for, but whatever, I defer to Sabes at this point.

Trade Gary Brown and pitching to the Marlins for Stanton and call it an off-season.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I'm worried about how much we're signing him for, but whatever, I defer to Sabes at this point.

Trade Gary Brown and pitching to the Marlins for Stanton and call it an off-season.

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

Pagan
Scutaro
Panda
Posey
Stanton
Belt
Pence
Crawford

Would be stupid awesome, but I definitely don't think we have the pieces to get him unfortunately.
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS Pagan gets 4 yrs from sfg
rumor is 4 years 40 million for pagan
Would be stupid awesome, but I definitely don't think we have the pieces to get him unfortunately.

unfortunately, i agree with you. but a man can dream.
Well, time to trade Gary Brown I guess.
rumor is 4 years 40 million for pagan

just popped on my phone as 4/40 done
For a bit I thought pagan was gone to Philly, glad to have him back

Unfortunately, If the Marlins made Stanton available, we wouldnt even have enough prospect stock to compete with other teams. Theres no chance wed have the winning bid. The Marlins would laugh at Brown/Stratton/Crick. Theyd be looking for Profar level prospects. We probably dont even have a single top 50 guy.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Unfortunately, If the Marlins made Stanton available, we wouldnt even have enough prospect stock to compete with other teams. Theres no chance wed have the winning bid. The Marlins would laugh at Brown/Stratton/Crick. Theyd be looking for Profar level prospects. We probably dont even have a single top 50 guy.

Hence me saying:

Well, time to trade Gary Brown I guess.

Another thought is should Pagan have a productive 2013 season, and Gary Brown is MLB ready by 2014, the Giants could trade Pagan for either a corner outfielder or starting pitcher at the 2013 winter meetings.
Originally posted by Niners99:

I read last year that Crick could find himself in the list of the top-20 prospects next year, and I read a few articles that had him up there recently.

Blackburn has a chance to be a top-50 prospect as well.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
welcome back, Angel! let's get Scoot signed now.
Share 49ersWebzone