LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Belt may end up hitting 3rd at some point but he has to prove that he can hit with more consistency and power before he hits there. My guess is he will start the season in the 6 hole.

you're right.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
If we lose Pagan... Victorino would not be a bad replacement....

still got a feeling Pagan will come back doe (at the right price)
Originally posted by Garcia:

It looks like 40 million for 4 years would be the minimum. I really would not offer more than 3 years and a club option especially when the best everyday prospect you have plays the same position.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
It looks like 40 million for 4 years would be the minimum. I really would not offer more than 3 years and a club option especially when the best everyday prospect you have plays the same position.

If they do give him 4 years I think that definitely tells you what they think about Brown.

I say screw Pagan, move Blanco to CF and go after Swisher to play LF if they're going to be spending that kind of money.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I say screw Pagan, move Blanco to CF and go after Swisher to play LF if they're going to be spending that kind of money.

I think Victorino, all in all, is a much better player than Swisher.

Swisher can hit for power and is a good club house guy... not really high on him but if they think he can help then Im for it.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
GET MICHAEL MORSE

He isnt going to go anywhere I'm afraid. Pretty sure he will be playing 1B for the Nationals and LaRoache will be going elsewhere in FA. He would really be a nice fot for our team though.

Ehhhhh....we'll see.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/nationals-could-trade-michael-morse.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well.. as you say we shall see. The Giants problem is who would they trade? Crick or Stratton plus someone like Javy Lopez? (Washington would love to get Lopez I'm guessing). With the lack of great prospects in the Giants organization its just tough to make deals.

Crick and/or Stratton would be too much for Morse in my opinion. I might have done that for Denard Span though.

I know this is old but I havent been around the last couple days....

Are you nuts itlyn? Michael Morse is a STUD. Hes a .300 hitter with 30 homerun potential every year. Would LOVE him as our 5 hitter. Denard Span is a good player, but I would rather have Morse by a mile.

Do yourself a favor and read the rest of the conversation before spouting off nonsense and inferring things no one said. Yes, I'd rather have four years of Span for one of our top tier pitching prospects versus one year of Morse, so would every other GM in the league.

At no point up until the point where your message stating that Crick/Stratton would be too much for Morse but you would have done it for Span was age, salary or years remaining on contract talked about. Not once was it brought up. I thought you saying I was "inferring things no one said" and then you go ahead and post a condescending message to me for NOT inferring what you said was particularly hilarious. You said absolutely nothing about Morse's contract up until the point when I responded to your post. Yet I was somehow supposed to know that what you REALLY meant was you wouldnt trade either pitcher for Morse because of his contract. Ridiculous.

Look, I agree when you factor in contract, I wouldnt trade either of those two guys for Morse's 1 year contract. But I wouldnt give up either of those guys for 4 years of Span either. Span is the epitome of mediocre.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Sign and Trade Michael Morse! Everybody wins!
Blanco is a nice guy, but nice guys don't win you games. He would be a huge drop replacing Pagan.
Trade for Giancarlo Stanton! Everybody wins!

I want Ben Revere, but I doubt the Twins trade him after getting rid of Span
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Do yourself a favor and read the rest of the conversation before spouting off nonsense and inferring things no one said. Yes, I'd rather have four years of Span for one of our top tier pitching prospects versus one year of Morse, so would every other GM in the league.

At no point up until the point where your message stating that Crick/Stratton would be too much for Morse but you would have done it for Span was age, salary or years remaining on contract talked about. Not once was it brought up. I thought you saying I was "inferring things no one said" and then you go ahead and post a condescending message to me for NOT inferring what you said was particularly hilarious. You said absolutely nothing about Morse's contract up until the point when I responded to your post. Yet I was somehow supposed to know that what you REALLY meant was you wouldnt trade either pitcher for Morse because of his contract. Ridiculous.

Look, I agree when you factor in contract, I wouldnt trade either of those two guys for Morse's 1 year contract. But I wouldnt give up either of those guys for 4 years of Span either. Span is the epitome of mediocre.

You took one comment I made out of context and assumed that I wouldn't trade for Morse based on ability, after John had previously stated his contract details and agreed he wouldn't do Morse on a rental. I don't HAVE to say anything about Morse's contract, value for value Span would be the better deal for Crick or Stratton. I didn't say I WOULD do it, I said I MIGHT do it.

Span is mediocre? Laughable. He had an almost four point higher WAR than Morse did last year. and more than ten points better over their careers (even though Morse has been in and out of the league for three years longer than Span). For the money/control he's a lot better of an alternative in CF than paying Angel Pagan $40+ million over 4 years.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Dec 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM ]
Compare Spans career Numbers to Bourns career numbers. Not much of a difference between the two
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Pagan close to re-signing with #SFGiants.

Boom
Share 49ersWebzone