LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
When I heard Fitz and Brooks describe the Dodgers new TV deal I felt like I got punched in the stomach.

They will be a bigger spender than the Yankees. I would bet on Greinke going there and possibly Sanchez. To combat them I would like the Giants to sign Pagan, Scutaro, Scott Hairston, and possibly another SP on the cheap.

The thing that really bothered me was that if they make bad decisions, (which they will) they will never be hamstrung with bad contracts because they can just throw them in the gutter and go buy another.
When I heard Fitz and Brooks describe the Dodgers new TV deal I felt like I got punched in the stomach.

They will be a bigger spender than the Yankees. I would bet on Greinke going there and possibly Sanchez. To combat them I would like the Giants to sign Pagan, Scutaro, Scott Hairston, and possibly another SP on the cheap.

The thing that really bothered me was that if they make bad decisions, (which they will) they will never be hamstrung with bad contracts because they can just throw them in the gutter and go buy another.

They already have by taking on the stupid contracts of Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett, and Gonzo. But, you are right. They wont stop until they buy themselves some titles.

They already have by taking on the stupid contracts of Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett, and Gonzo. But, you are right. They wont stop until they buy themselves some titles.

$250 mil per year just to start with

Plus every FA around baseball is going to want to play there because they just throw money around like it's nothing. Which will make farm systems all the more important.

Not that it ever will be, but something should be done about this. In a sport where tv deals dictate who wins titles, there is something inherently wrong with that.
Originally posted by schmons:

$250 mil per year just to start with

That just from tv, that doesn't include all the other revenue. f**king basterds. If I sound like I'm jealous, I'm not. This crap is ruining the game.
That just from tv, that doesn't include all the other revenue. f**king basterds. If I sound like I'm jealous, I'm not. This crap is ruining the game.

This is why the NFL is more popular. Salary caps, very few guaranteed contracts, equal revenue from the networks and no massive local TV deals giving some teams a massive advantage.

I love baseball and the Giants first but I hate the economics of baseball.

This is why the NFL is more popular. Salary caps, very few guaranteed contracts, equal revenue from the networks and no massive local TV deals giving some teams a massive advantage.

Serious question, do you think anything will be done about it in the future? The Dodgers are going to try and corner the market, more so than the Yankees ever did IMO. That is sure to grab a lot of attention.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
The Giants is looking at Victorino. I think he can be a decent fit with the Giants. Team him back with Pence! haha
Originally posted by Dapro:
The Giants is looking at Victorino. I think he can be a decent fit with the Giants. Team him back with Pence! haha

eww f**k no Victorino is a douche

Serious question, do you think anything will be done about it in the future? The Dodgers are going to try and corner the market, more so than the Yankees ever did IMO. That is sure to grab a lot of attention.

Nope. The MLB players union wont let anything change. If nothing was done to limit the Yankees spending I doubt anything will be done against LA.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

If Pagan leaves there arent many options out there for the Giants. Hamilton. Bourne, and Upton wont come to the Giants. Victorino for a reasonable 2 year deal might be that option.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I'm fine with Victorino if it's only a one year stop gap and Brown takes over in 2014, otherwise pass
man i hate that b***h victorino

How big is the current Giants' tv deal?
Originally posted by schmons:
man i hate that b***h victorino

This, I'd rather just have Blanco play CF
Share 49ersWebzone