LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
That just from tv, that doesn't include all the other revenue. f**king basterds. If I sound like I'm jealous, I'm not. This crap is ruining the game.

How big is the current Giants' tv deal?

i heard the giants are part owners or have some kind of partnership that gives them a % of revenue each year. dont know how much though.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Dapro:
The Giants is looking at Victorino. I think he can be a decent fit with the Giants. Team him back with Pence! haha

eww f**k no Victorino is a douche

I'm fine with Victorino if it's only a one year stop gap and Brown takes over in 2014, otherwise pass

lol
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
lol

this.
Okay, baseball experts. I see a clip of Sergio pounding his glove while standing on the mound and watching Pagan haul in a fly ball. My question is - when does a pitcher back up the catcher? Does he wait, survey the scene or should he immediately go behind the catcher on a ball hit to the outfield? I know the pitcher has to back up the 1st baseman at times. Or is that always the catcher?

That's what I have read as well. Not a good clubhouse player. Moody, sullen, bi-polar, psychopathic, overly aggressive and neurotic. Are we sure we want him?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Okay, baseball experts. I see a clip of Sergio pounding his glove while standing on the mound and watching Pagan haul in a fly ball. My question is - when does a pitcher back up the catcher? Does he wait, survey the scene or should he immediately go behind the catcher on a ball hit to the outfield? I know the pitcher has to back up the 1st baseman at times. Or is that always the catcher?
Here are a pitcher's responsibilities for backing up bases:

• Single to left or center field with no one on base- backs up second base in direct line with outfield throw.
  • Ground ball single to right field with no one on base- a pitcher's first reaction should be to hustle to first base in case of a play there.
  • Single to the outfield with a runner on first base- backs up third base in line with the throw from the outfield, as deeply as possible. The SS is the cutoff man in this situation. He will be stationed approximately 60 feet from third base in line with the throw.
  • Single to the outfield with a runner on second base and trying to score- backs up home in direct line with the throw.
  • All extra base hits with no one on base backs up the base where ball may be thrown.(Third or home)
  • Extra base hit with a runner on first base- becomes a floater. The pitcher should hustle to a spot halfway between third and home and then hustle to back up the base where the ball will be thrown. This play should be drilled in practice. It takes some timing and skill.
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM ]

• Single to left or center field with no one on base- backs up second base in direct line with outfield throw.
  • Ground ball single to right field with no one on base- a pitcher's first reaction should be to hustle to first base in case of a play there.
  • Single to the outfield with a runner on first base- backs up third base in line with the throw from the outfield, as deeply as possible. The SS is the cutoff man in this situation. He will be stationed approximately 60 feet from third base in line with the throw.
  • Single to the outfield with a runner on second base and trying to score- backs up home in direct line with the throw.
  • All extra base hits with no one on base backs up the base where ball may be thrown.(Third or home)
  • Extra base hit with a runner on first base- becomes a floater. The pitcher should hustle to a spot halfway between third and home and then hustle to back up the base where the ball will be thrown. This play should be drilled in practice. It takes some timing and skill.
Great. Thank you.

in a perfect world, you would hope your pitcher moves immediately after the ball is hit. but it all depends on the situation.
fly ball with no one on base? who cares what he does.
fly ball with runner on third, less than 2 outs - should be moving while the ball is in flight.

no runners on - back up 1st
runner at 1st - back up 3rd
runner at 2nd - back up home
extra base hit with runner at 1st - i would back up somewhere in between 3rd and home but you better hustle to where the ball will be throw.

way more in depth than my explanation lol
Originally posted by schmons:
way more in depth than my explanation lol

Did a good job of explaining - both of you. Danke.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Mark Reynolds might be non-tendered.

Would he be a perfect backup 1st Basemen / RH PH off the bench?
Reynolds has propensity to strike out. BA is not what you would like to see in a 1st baseman. Can also play third.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Reynolds has propensity to strike out. BA is not what you would like to see in a 1st baseman. Can also play third.

Just as a back up... mainly a RH Bat off the bench for PH situations.
Its gonna suck to stomach if the Douchers buy themselves some Championships in the near future with their new Out Of This World payroll flexibility.
But that's whats its come to for Big Market teams, free spending and not having to worry about being hamstrung with bad contracts like most teams including us. The only thing we'd enjoy if those free spending teams implode in their conquest to buy championships, and we can only hope that happens with the Douchers.

So there's only a few things our Organization can do, and that is to continue to compete with them, through smart FA signings, at the same time we gotta bring in Huge impactful players no matter what the cost every now and then, continue to draft talented prospects to groom in the Farm. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT OF THEM ALL, AND THAT IS TO UP THE PAYROLL SLIGHTLY EVERY YEAR!!!!!! If we do that, we will guarantee ourselves to contend every year. I can live with that.

Long Live SF Giants!!

That's what I have read as well. Not a good clubhouse player. Moody, sullen, bi-polar, psychopathic, overly aggressive and neurotic. Are we sure we want him?

LOL where is this from? I thought the Victorino hate was from him being a rival from Philly and LA?

With that said, I'm not really high on Hawaiian Punch but he definitely could be a plan B option.
Share 49ersWebzone