There are 201 users in the forums

SEC Thread

• zero
  • Veteran
Kinda of want Auburn to win Saturday too....
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Well yaah, bc the SEC is an overrated, mediocre conference outside of the top 2-3 teams. Which is why middle of the road Big 12 teams A&M and Mizzou have been slaughtering the competition within their first two years.

So what do you call 5-8 in their 1st year? So pretty great how the hatorade has you guys completely ignoring Missouris 2 dominating conference wins.

Rambler are you even a fan of Mizzou or TAM? You're probably.a disgruntled ND fan.

Lets be honest. If Manziel isn't TAM they're not .500 team.

Lets just get down to the bottomline.

Who has 3 teams in the top 5?

Who has 4 teams in the top 10?

Who has 8 teams in the top 30?

What conference has the top 5 recruiting classes in the country?

What conference has won the last 7 NCG?

SEC.

So while you haters are using a teams success to try to diminish the.conference we're thinking the addition of Missouri and TAMU just put us over the top.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by zero:
Looks like LSU finally found some corners, just in time for Arky and a possible Cotton Bowl appearance

Oh, hai, fropawns

Word, zero.

LSU CORN DOG WEEK! COME ON HOGS! YOU WORTHLESS MOFOS OWE ME!
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:

Word, zero.

[ Edited by zero on Nov 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by zero:
Originally posted by fropwns:

Word, zero.

DAS BOOT!
I know there's some deep seated resentment for Bama out their somewhere. Come on guys this is your chance to kick a conference while its down.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Mizzou gets the last laugh on doubters who said Tigers couldn't 'handle' the SEC

link

[ Edited by jrg on Dec 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Well yaah, bc the SEC is an overrated, mediocre conference outside of the top 2-3 teams. Which is why middle of the road Big 12 teams A&M and Mizzou have been slaughtering the competition within their first two years.

So what do you call 5-8 in their 1st year? So pretty great how the hatorade has you guys completely ignoring Missouris 2 dominating conference wins.

Rambler are you even a fan of Mizzou or TAM? You're probably.a disgruntled ND fan.

Lets be honest. If Manziel isn't TAM they're not .500 team.

Lets just get down to the bottomline.

Who has 3 teams in the top 5?

Who has 4 teams in the top 10?

Who has 8 teams in the top 30?

What conference has the top 5 recruiting classes in the country?

What conference has won the last 7 NCG?

SEC.

So while you haters are using a teams success to try to diminish the.conference we're thinking the addition of Missouri and TAMU just put us over the top.

SEC is the best conference, but I think the gulf between conferences is exaggerated.

In a made up world, I think teams like FSU, Ohio State, Stanford or Oregon could win the SEC this year if they were in it. I said could not would. I say that because anything can happen in a game, see Auburn win over Georgia. Whats crazy is Auburn may get a title shot because of a tipped hail mary pass. So FSU, Ohio State, Stanford or Oregon could have Mizzou, Auburn or Alabama type seasons if in the SEC.

I think UCF, Oklahoma State, Baylor, and ASU would lose between 2 and 4 games if they were in the SEC and would be the equivalent of South Carolina, Georgia, LSU.

Texas A&M being ranked is a joke BTW. Name one team they beat that is a good win. They might have the worst defense in all of college football.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
SEC is the best conference, but I think the gulf between conferences is exaggerated.

In a made up world, I think teams like FSU, Ohio State, Stanford or Oregon could win the SEC this year if they were in it. I said could not would. I say that because anything can happen in a game, see Auburn win over Georgia. Whats crazy is Auburn may get a title shot because of a tipped hail mary pass. So FSU, Ohio State, Stanford or Oregon could have Mizzou, Auburn or Alabama type seasons if in the SEC.

I think UCF, Oklahoma State, Baylor, and ASU would lose between 2 and 4 games if they were in the SEC and would be the equivalent of South Carolina, Georgia, LSU.

Texas A&M being ranked is a joke BTW. Name one team they beat that is a good win. They might have the worst defense in all of college football.

I actually agree with most of this. Except I strongly believe the pac12 is the strongest conference.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Bold 1: Agree completely.
Bold 2: Disagree completely. OSU has faltered against a weak schedule, and you want to tell me they would go undefeated vs Bama, Auburn, South Carolina, TAMU, LSU, and Ole Miss. Nope. They would eat Meyers lunch. Stanford stumbled when it matter and their supposed to see the course against a grueling SEC schedule? Nope. Oregon last year maybe. Oregon this year not so much. It wouldn't take long for the coordinators of the top programs to figure that offense out either.

Maybe after they we're in the conference a couple of years and adjusted to the style of play. Although you're point was anything can happen because Auburn had the tipped pass that is hardly a point at all because it's an oddity not a rule. What has happened with Auburn the past 2 weeks is nothing short of miraculously boneheaded play on a safety and special teams, and for as long as I have watched SEC football that's the first time I have ever seen anything like that.

But you did so could not would which is a lot like saying nothing at all so of course anything is possible.

Bold 3: Agreed. The mid to high level SEC programs are as good as the top Big 12 programs.

Bold 4: Agreed. I think Johnny Footballs notoriety plays a part in that although if you look at their losses. @LSU, @Mizzou, Bama@, Auburn@. They easily have the most excusable 4 loss season with 3 of those teams 11-1 and ranked in the top 3. Come on now they don't have the worst defense but it is pretty awful.

• jrg
  • Veteran

Mizzou will win and still get 0 respect....South Carolina game pisses me off more and more each week
[ Edited by jrg on Dec 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
#truth

Mizzou needs to take care of business on the field and let the BCS take care of itself

link
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
#truth

Mizzou needs to take care of business on the field and let the BCS take care of itself

link

I'll be rooting for Mizzou and Sparty on Saturday.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

lets gooooooooooooooooo

(btw, mizzou has by far the best jerseys in ncaa )
[ Edited by jrg on Dec 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Bold 1: Agree completely.
Bold 2: Disagree completely. OSU has faltered against a weak schedule, and you want to tell me they would go undefeated vs Bama, Auburn, South Carolina, TAMU, LSU, and Ole Miss. Nope. They would eat Meyers lunch. Stanford stumbled when it matter and their supposed to see the course against a grueling SEC schedule? Nope. Oregon last year maybe. Oregon this year not so much. It wouldn't take long for the coordinators of the top programs to figure that offense out either.

Maybe after they we're in the conference a couple of years and adjusted to the style of play. Although you're point was anything can happen because Auburn had the tipped pass that is hardly a point at all because it's an oddity not a rule. What has happened with Auburn the past 2 weeks is nothing short of miraculously boneheaded play on a safety and special teams, and for as long as I have watched SEC football that's the first time I have ever seen anything like that.

But you did so could not would which is a lot like saying nothing at all so of course anything is possible.

Bold 3: Agreed. The mid to high level SEC programs are as good as the top Big 12 programs.

Bold 4: Agreed. I think Johnny Footballs notoriety plays a part in that although if you look at their losses. @LSU, @Mizzou, Bama@, Auburn@. They easily have the most excusable 4 loss season with 3 of those teams 11-1 and ranked in the top 3. Come on now they don't have the worst defense but it is pretty awful.

On #2 - I'm not saying the teams WOULD, I said COULD. Just like Auburn essentially got lucky to be where they are at. The ball bounces one way and a loss turns into a win.

On #4, yeah they don't have the worst but I remember seeing a stat that its the worst defense for a ranked team in the last 20 years. They do have "good" losses, but this isn't college basketball.
Share 49ersWebzone