LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

All TIME MLB Draft: BirdmanJr is UP. Fincham11 is ON DECK

So what's the deal? How far back can we go with the players anyway? Like there are guys in the 19th century that put up redonkulous numbers because the talent pool was so low back then that the top tier talent just smoked the competition.
Yeah does this sim adjust relative to the competition? I know someone posted that the pitching sim isn't that great....but what about the hitting?
Originally posted by SacRock14:
With the 14th pick, the Cleveland Indians select...

Mickey Mantle, outfielder from Oklahoma

The Mick...an incredible talent. A switch-hitter who excelled at the plate and a gold-glover in the field. Some of the more impressive numbers...

* Best Season: 1956 - .353, 52 HR, 130 RBI
* 16th all-time in home runs (536)
* 20-time All-Star and 3-time MVP

Mantle will hit either #3 or #4 for me when all is said and done.

Cleveland Indians
OF - Mickey Mantle

Damnit! It would have been a miracle for him to fall to me!
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
So what's the deal? How far back can we go with the players anyway? Like there are guys in the 19th century that put up redonkulous numbers because the talent pool was so low back then that the top tier talent just smoked the competition.

How about you go email WIS, since you are already in cahoots with them.....PICK ALREADY!!!!!!!!
Personally, I'm not gonna take anyone from pre-1900.
Sandy Koufax

There are a couple of other pitchers here that may be more highly regarded by most, but this guy put up a 5 year stretch of ERAs of 2.07, 1.74, 2.39, 2.27, & 2.22 right in the middle of the Steroid Era. His ERA of 1.74 in the 2000 season was more than 3 full runs less than the league average (4.91), which is the largest discrepancy in major league history. I'll take 3 time Cy Young award winner...

Pedro Martinez

Wow back to back Yankees fans taking Red Sox players. I select Lefty Grove.
The Baltimore Orioles select - 1st Baseman, Mark McGwire

BirdmanJr is on the clock.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
I wanna pick again
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I wanna pick again

Me too, there's a couple players who shouldn't have fallen this far who I'd love to snatch up.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I wanna pick again

Me too, there's a couple players who shouldn't have fallen this far who I'd love to snatch up.

There are a bunch of players i want on my team, but know they will be long gone when it's my turn again
I wanna pick again

There are a bunch of players i want on my team, but know they will be long gone when it's my turn again

Maybe they will, especially if people keep making picks like Mark McGwire lol
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I wanna pick again

Maybe they will, especially if people keep making picks like Mark McGwire lol

haha yeah, although expect me to have a few picks aswell
Share 49ersWebzone