There are 267 users in the forums

2010 NBA All Star Weekend Thread (2010 All Star Game starters released))

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
wow. Shannon just lost a lot of points in my book. I had been looking forward to this all year, and this is one of the bigger let downs i can remember. He went from being my favorite laker to a bench player with hops in 1 night. just an embarassment for all the trash i've been talking on his behalf.

dontletshannondunk.com needs to be created asap.

btw i have a theory they all were told not to do sh*t so people would ask for lebron etc.

I mean comon???? No way all 4 of these guys decided to not put ANY thought into it, and completely suck the life out of a usually great spectacle, it cant just be coincidence. They weren't even trying.

I thought I heard Nate say he was asked not to use props
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
So I didn't miss anything tonight?

One of the worst dunk contests ever.

Shannon Brown SUCKED. I mean, he put ZERO thought into his dunks. That dummy probably lost himself some money tonight because of it. He had all this hype, and if he would have won, he could have turned that into some endorsement money. What a moron.

I just checked out a few videos on NBA.com

Nate Robinson's "winning" dunk was an off the back-board reverse? Lol really?

Nate is 5'7'' right?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Shannon Brown SUCKED. I mean, he put ZERO thought into his dunks. That dummy probably lost himself some money tonight because of it. He had all this hype, and if he would have won, he could have turned that into some endorsement money. What a moron.

Nate is 5'7'' right?

I hate knowing that the all time dunk contest king probably isn't in the top 5-7 dunkers of all time.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran

Why would Kobe let him get away with that You think he'd say something when Shannon explained to him he was just going to do a simple alley-oop
after seeing this vid. it probably ruined every future nba dunk contest for me.

the nba has the best players in the world but no longer have the best dunkers in the world because theres cats out there like team flight brothers that do nothing but specialize in dunking.
Originally posted by A-R-S:

Why would Kobe let him get away with that You think he'd say something when Shannon explained to him he was just going to do a simple alley-oop

That's what I'm saying. He just lobs one up to him like he couldn't give a sh!t. Put it off the backboard. Bounce it and then a 360. Something. Anything. Tonight was crap.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

That's what I'm saying. He just lobs one up to him like he couldn't give a sh!t. Put it off the backboard. Bounce it and then a 360. Something. Anything. Tonight was crap.

word, they didnt even bother to rehash old good dunks, they just put up regular everyday ones.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Pretty sad when the D League dunk contest is way better than the nba dunk contest.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

word, they didnt even bother to rehash old good dunks, they just put up regular everyday ones.

Give me a 44.5" vertical, and I'd put up better dunks than that. Super lame.
it just gets worse and worse

even nasty nate don't want any part of it any more

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Nate is 5'7'' right?

Spudd Webb would ran all over Nate on a dunk contest.
Originally posted by crzy:
Lebron's dunking ability is vastly overrated. Same with Dwight Howard

This ^. The only overrated dunk dwight howard dunk was when he was wearing the superman cape he didn't touch the rim all he did was throw the ball inside it.

[ Edited by nothing03 on Feb 14, 2010 at 00:15:08 ]
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by crzy:
Lebron's dunking ability is vastly overrated. Same with Dwight Howard

This ^. The only overrated dunk dwight howard dunk was when he was wearing the superman cape he didn't touch the rim all he did was throw the ball inside it.

that was the gayest dunk i've ever seen in the competition
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I remember watching Lebron in the McDonalds slam dunk contest and the stuff he did there was way better than anything I saw yesterday.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
@ the continued hate on Howard

[ Edited by jrg on Feb 14, 2010 at 08:10:02 ]
Share 49ersWebzone