LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

God is good

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
As long as they can ball and stay academically eligible, I don't think race is an issue at any NCAA program.

Sadly academic eligibility and race go together often....

Programs have study hall where tutors can "do their homework for players" to keep them eligible. It sure doesn't help to prepare them for a life outside of athletics though.
Originally posted by jrg:

Damn, this kid needs more study hall time if that's his final answer to "What number are you wearing?"
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Damn, this kid needs more study hall time if that's his final answer to "What number are you wearing?"

Pretty sure he's just pointing out of what he consistently hit in college.
Originally posted by crzy:
As long as they can ball and stay academically eligible, I don't think race is an issue at any NCAA program.

Sadly academic eligibility and race go together often....

Programs have study hall where tutors can "do their homework for players" to keep them eligible. It sure doesn't help to prepare them for a life outside of athletics though.

true statement indeed. Plus all the negro's rather play b-ball at north carolina. how many dookies do you know that have gone on to the NBA and have done shiite. Grant Hill and C. Boozer
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think he's doing it on purpose, but coach K does have that Bobby Knight mentality that white guys can play too. I wouldn't go so far as saying he's trying to make a roster of just white kids, but you have to admit Duke does have alot of white guys starting. Nothing wrong with that, but that is the perception.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Nov 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM ]
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
And John Thompson was notorious for having all-black teams at Georgetown.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't think he's doing it on purpose, but coach K does have that Bobby Knight mentality that white guys can play too. I wouldn't go so far as saying he's trying to make a roster of just white kids, but you have to admit Duke does have alot of white guys starting. Nothing wrong with that, but that is the perception.

It's the perception that they have a lot of white guys starting? Can't you just, like, look and see the reality of many white starters?
Originally posted by pantstickle:

It's the perception that they have a lot of white guys starting? Can't you just, like, look and see the reality of many white starters?

Is that what you perceive?

Pretty sure he's just pointing out of what he consistently hit in college.

He consistently hit the shocker?

WTF does it matter if they are white or not???

If I posted a thread saying "boy the Lakers sure do have a lot of black guys on the team", I'd be thrown of this goddamn board.

Settle Down Rush, white guys are allowed to play basketball too lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Yeah, I perceive that the majority of Duke players are white. You don't have to be a genius to see that. There isn't too many D1 schools who recruit mainly white kids. Major programs tend to recruit the black kids. Duke tends to roll out the white kids.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Nov 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM ]

Yeah, the perception is that Duke likes to start white players.. You don't have to be a genius to see that. There isn't too many D1 schools who recruit mainly white kids. Major programs tend to recruit the black kids.

So you perceive that Duke starts white kids? Or did you, like, see them play, and see that they had a bunch of white dudes starting? Did noticing that people were white require some sort of intuition?

Yeah, I perceive that the majority of Duke players are white. You don't have to be a genius to see that. There isn't too many D1 schools who recruit mainly white kids. Major programs tend to recruit the black kids. Duke tends to roll out the white kids.

You can perceive whatever the hell you want, but I'll bet you have no idea how many black players that Duke recruits.
Duke = KKK
Share 49ersWebzone