God is good

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
I don't think he's doing it on purpose, but coach K does have that Bobby Knight mentality that white guys can play too. I wouldn't go so far as saying he's trying to make a roster of just white kids, but you have to admit Duke does have alot of white guys starting. Nothing wrong with that, but that is the perception.

It's the perception that they have a lot of white guys starting? Can't you just, like, look and see the reality of many white starters?

Is that what you perceive?

Yeah, the perception is that Duke likes to start white players.. You don't have to be a genius to see that. There isn't too many D1 schools who recruit mainly white kids. Major programs tend to recruit the black kids.

So you perceive that Duke starts white kids? Or did you, like, see them play, and see that they had a bunch of white dudes starting? Did noticing that people were white require some sort of intuition?

[ Edited by mayo63 on Nov 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sorry guys, I'm really stupid to have started this thread. It really serves no purpose, but to divide. I don't know what's wrong with me today, maybe I need to get some sleep or something. Please forgive me.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Honstely, I think it's just stupid to think that Coach Krzyzewski recruits based on race.

Past Duke players: Elton Brand, Grant Hill, Luol Deng, Corey Maggette, Gerald Henderson, Shelden Williams, Chris Duhon, Jason Williams, Carlos Boozer, Trajan Langdon, Shane Battier, Sean Dockett, Dontae Jones, Chris Carrawell.

This is their 2010 recruiting class.

Coach K recruits players who will stay for 3 or 4 years, instead of the one and done mega-athletes. He's said that a million times. That's why the John Wall's, and Derrick Rose type players don't end up at Duke, but you get the JJ Redick's and Kyle Singler's.

Coach K has been burned before by the likes of Luol Deng and Shaun Livingston.
[ Edited by crzy on Nov 28, 2009 at 3:21 PM ]
Well now you've just made this thread stranger.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Well now you've just made this thread stranger.

Should just change the title back. I don't think it was all that offensive....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
What, no love for the devil ?
God has always been great not just good. but why change in the name of the thread.
god is bad
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
God has always been great not just good. but why change in the name of the thread.

What was it originally called ?

no god
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

What was it originally called ?

something like have you noticed how duke only plays b-ball with white boys
Originally posted by teeohh:

no god

Nice! lol
Sorry guys, I'm really stupid to have started this thread. It really serves no purpose, but to divide. I don't know what's wrong with me today, maybe I need to get some sleep or something. Please forgive me.

no big deal. it's not like you're the only one with thoughts like that. even I was watching the game yesterday and wondered the samething. bunch of uncle sam arse cats on dookie's squad.
Share 49ersWebzone