Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 452 users in the forums

Official 2009-2010 Golden State Warriors Thread (please LOCK)

  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Quote:
Nellie pulled Jackson from the game after he picked up his fifth foul Friday in the first quarter. Jackson was clearly upset/frustrated/emotional. He was in a mano-y-mano with Kobe and he wasn’t happy with the way the refs were calling it.
Jackson’s tirade continued on the bench. Eventually, Nelson sent Jackson to the locker room to “cool off” one team source told me. Jack never came out for the second half. Not sure if that was Nellie’s decision or Jackson’s decision. I also heard he got into with an assistant coach. That rumor was disputed.
I don’t know what happened once he left the bench, as Nelson isn’t talking and Jackson isn’t available. But it must’ve been serious because it forced Nelson into a first.

NELLIE: “I will say that in my 30, whatever it is I’ve been coaching, 30 some-odd years, I have never suspended a player before,” Nelson said. “Maybe I should have a couple of times, but I never have. I try to stay away from doing anything that will cost the players a lot of money. I hate to take big money from guys.”

Quote:

Don Nelson told reporters before the game, with respect to the two-game suspension of Stephen Jackson, that “I have never suspended a player before.”

Too bad that fact is, well, non-factual.

I haven’t done an exhaustive search of Nellie’s coaching record, but I’ve already found one instance: Nelson hit Latrell Sprewell, who was in the midst of missing practices in the wake of the Chris Webber fire sale, with a one-game suspension in January 1995.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Outdoor NBA basketball = awesomeness
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Dude, stop.

this is the only place where i can rub the lakers championship in someone else's face. all my friends are laker fans

Are you sure "friends" should be plural?



Originally posted by crzy:

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
BTW- Pete, I'm aware that Mikki adds something that we lack (interior D), but, IMO, he's 4 times more annoying than Joakim. 'Nuff said.

As soon as I begin to feel differently about MM, I'll be sure and let the readers of this thread know. (Holding your breath? Please don't... **coughcoughunlessyournameis phat**)

I was being completely facetious about Moore's int(f)erior D. It's pretty bad.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Dude, stop.

this is the only place where i can rub the lakers championship in someone else's face. all my friends are laker fans

Are you sure "friends" should be plural?




yes i have 2 hands
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Steph Curry highlights






[ Edited by crzy on Oct 12, 2009 at 08:09:51 ]
^Ha.

Well, he's undersized, but at least he makes up for it by being unathletic.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
lol at this picture. We tried to trade Amare for you but no dice...

  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
^Ha.

Well, he's undersized, but at least he makes up for it by being unathletic.

Well depending on who you ask...he's a smaller Reggie Miller or he's black Steve Nash.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Dude, stop.

this is the only place where i can rub the lakers championship in someone else's face. all my friends are laker fans

Are you sure "friends" should be plural?




He tried it in the Spurs thread. It somehow ended up as a picture of Tim Duncan.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Stephen Curry needs to learn to go right.

[ Edited by crzy on Oct 12, 2009 at 08:16:15 ]
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
^Ha.

Well, he's undersized, but at least he makes up for it by being unathletic.

Well depending on who you ask...he's a smaller Reggie Miller or he's black Steve Nash.

He's a white Steve Kerr.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
^Ha.

Well, he's undersized, but at least he makes up for it by being unathletic.

Well depending on who you ask...he's a smaller Reggie Miller or he's black Steve Nash.

He's a white Steve Kerr.


That's probably more accurate.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone