There are 478 users in the forums
English Premier League
Apr 11, 2010 at 3:05 PM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
Dammit United. Blackburn always play us well. We need to make some serious moves this summer. Losing Ronaldo and Tevez was just too much
Apr 12, 2010 at 12:31 AM
- 49ers1
- Member
- Posts: 3,667
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Dammit United. Blackburn always play us well. We need to make some serious moves this summer. Losing Ronaldo and Tevez was just too much
f**k the glazers. all the blame goes squarely on them
Apr 13, 2010 at 1:23 AM
- redrose49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,127
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Dammit United. Blackburn always play us well. We need to make some serious moves this summer. Losing Ronaldo and Tevez was just too much
Apr 13, 2010 at 7:07 AM
- foreign49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,355
Van Persie to Return
It'll be nice to see him back on the field!
On a side note: It doesn't look like Kroenke is too worried about Usmanov taking over if he's trying to buy the Rams.
At least I hope he isn't
It'll be nice to see him back on the field!
On a side note: It doesn't look like Kroenke is too worried about Usmanov taking over if he's trying to buy the Rams.
At least I hope he isn't
[ Edited by foreign49er on Apr 13, 2010 at 7:13 AM ]
Apr 13, 2010 at 7:52 AM
- dman
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Van Persie to Return
It'll be nice to see him back on the field!
On a side note: It doesn't look like Kroenke is too worried about Usmanov taking over if he's trying to buy the Rams.
At least I hope he isn't
I wonder if RVP will actually play though.
Not sure how I feel about a takeover ...
Apr 13, 2010 at 9:06 AM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
Originally posted by redrose49er:Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Dammit United. Blackburn always play us well. We need to make some serious moves this summer. Losing Ronaldo and Tevez was just too much
Apr 13, 2010 at 9:14 AM
- foreign49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,355
Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by foreign49er:
Van Persie to Return
It'll be nice to see him back on the field!
On a side note: It doesn't look like Kroenke is too worried about Usmanov taking over if he's trying to buy the Rams.
At least I hope he isn't
I wonder if RVP will actually play though.
Not sure how I feel about a takeover ...
I think he'll come off the bench for sure.
I really hope there's no takeover. The club runs perfectly as is, there's no need for any outside interference.
Apr 13, 2010 at 9:23 AM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
Originally posted by foreign49er:Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by foreign49er:
Van Persie to Return
It'll be nice to see him back on the field!
On a side note: It doesn't look like Kroenke is too worried about Usmanov taking over if he's trying to buy the Rams.
At least I hope he isn't
I wonder if RVP will actually play though.
Not sure how I feel about a takeover ...
I think he'll come off the bench for sure.
I really hope there's no takeover. The club runs perfectly as is, there's no need for any outside interference.
Arsenal need to go out and spend money. I respect Wenger for building a young team and what not but you guys just need 1 more legit player
Apr 13, 2010 at 9:30 AM
- dman
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:Originally posted by foreign49er:Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by foreign49er:
Van Persie to Return
It'll be nice to see him back on the field!
On a side note: It doesn't look like Kroenke is too worried about Usmanov taking over if he's trying to buy the Rams.
At least I hope he isn't
I wonder if RVP will actually play though.
Not sure how I feel about a takeover ...
I think he'll come off the bench for sure.
I really hope there's no takeover. The club runs perfectly as is, there's no need for any outside interference.
Arsenal need to go out and spend money. I respect Wenger for building a young team and what not but you guys just need 1 more legit player
Ya that is part of the reason Im not totally against a takeover.
If there is an infusion of transfer funds and more money made available for player wages we could see some great things happening.
Wenger is great but give him more money to spend and look out.
Apr 13, 2010 at 9:31 AM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by Kalen49ers:Originally posted by foreign49er:Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by foreign49er:
Van Persie to Return
It'll be nice to see him back on the field!
On a side note: It doesn't look like Kroenke is too worried about Usmanov taking over if he's trying to buy the Rams.
At least I hope he isn't
I wonder if RVP will actually play though.
Not sure how I feel about a takeover ...
I think he'll come off the bench for sure.
I really hope there's no takeover. The club runs perfectly as is, there's no need for any outside interference.
Arsenal need to go out and spend money. I respect Wenger for building a young team and what not but you guys just need 1 more legit player
Ya that is part of the reason Im not totally against a takeover.
If there is an infusion of transfer funds and more money made available for player wages we could see some great things happening.
Wenger is great but give him more money to spend and look out.
I agree. They sign a world class player and when all their young guys get better man they are gonna be a force
Apr 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM
- foreign49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,355
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by Kalen49ers:Originally posted by foreign49er:Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by foreign49er:
Van Persie to Return
It'll be nice to see him back on the field!
On a side note: It doesn't look like Kroenke is too worried about Usmanov taking over if he's trying to buy the Rams.
At least I hope he isn't
I wonder if RVP will actually play though.
Not sure how I feel about a takeover ...
I think he'll come off the bench for sure.
I really hope there's no takeover. The club runs perfectly as is, there's no need for any outside interference.
Arsenal need to go out and spend money. I respect Wenger for building a young team and what not but you guys just need 1 more legit player
Ya that is part of the reason Im not totally against a takeover.
If there is an infusion of transfer funds and more money made available for player wages we could see some great things happening.
Wenger is great but give him more money to spend and look out.
I agree. They sign a world class player and when all their young guys get better man they are gonna be a force
They can still get an infusion of funds without a takeover, a takeover would just give Usmanov or Kroenke the club's full profits. Usmanov wants to be the sole owner and Kroenke wants to make sure nothing changes. If Kroenke buys the team outright I will be thrilled, he is a winner who wants to own winners, not just money makers. Usmanov on the other hand I'm not too sure about, I'm nervous he just wants another jewel in his crown like Mr. Glazer.
Wenger has already stated that he intends to buy a few players this summer, without a takeover. If they want to clear the debt then clear the debt, they don't need a takeover to do that.
Just look to Manchester United to see the dangers of an owner who has no idea what he's doing and is only in it for the money. I'd rather have Arsenal's ownership and state of finances right now than have United's.
Apr 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM
- silkyjohnson
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,481
Originally posted by foreign49er:Originally posted by Kalen49ers:Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by Kalen49ers:Originally posted by foreign49er:Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by foreign49er:
Van Persie to Return
It'll be nice to see him back on the field!
On a side note: It doesn't look like Kroenke is too worried about Usmanov taking over if he's trying to buy the Rams.
At least I hope he isn't
I wonder if RVP will actually play though.
Not sure how I feel about a takeover ...
I think he'll come off the bench for sure.
I really hope there's no takeover. The club runs perfectly as is, there's no need for any outside interference.
Arsenal need to go out and spend money. I respect Wenger for building a young team and what not but you guys just need 1 more legit player
Ya that is part of the reason Im not totally against a takeover.
If there is an infusion of transfer funds and more money made available for player wages we could see some great things happening.
Wenger is great but give him more money to spend and look out.
I agree. They sign a world class player and when all their young guys get better man they are gonna be a force
They can still get an infusion of funds without a takeover, a takeover would just give Usmanov or Kroenke the club's full profits. Usmanov wants to be the sole owner and Kroenke wants to make sure nothing changes. If Kroenke buys the team outright I will be thrilled, he is a winner who wants to own winners, not just money makers. Usmanov on the other hand I'm not too sure about, I'm nervous he just wants another jewel in his crown like Mr. Glazer.
Wenger has already stated that he intends to buy a few players this summer, without a takeover. If they want to clear the debt then clear the debt, they don't need a takeover to do that.
Just look to Manchester United to see the dangers of an owner who has no idea what he's doing and is only in it for the money. I'd rather have Arsenal's ownership and state of finances right now than have United's.
It's funny from reading team message boards, how neither team wants to be run like the other.
Apr 14, 2010 at 3:24 PM
- dman
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,453




Apr 14, 2010 at 3:30 PM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:Originally posted by foreign49er:Originally posted by Kalen49ers:Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by Kalen49ers:Originally posted by foreign49er:Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by foreign49er:
Van Persie to Return
It'll be nice to see him back on the field!
On a side note: It doesn't look like Kroenke is too worried about Usmanov taking over if he's trying to buy the Rams.
At least I hope he isn't
I wonder if RVP will actually play though.
Not sure how I feel about a takeover ...
I think he'll come off the bench for sure.
I really hope there's no takeover. The club runs perfectly as is, there's no need for any outside interference.
Arsenal need to go out and spend money. I respect Wenger for building a young team and what not but you guys just need 1 more legit player
Ya that is part of the reason Im not totally against a takeover.
If there is an infusion of transfer funds and more money made available for player wages we could see some great things happening.
Wenger is great but give him more money to spend and look out.
I agree. They sign a world class player and when all their young guys get better man they are gonna be a force
They can still get an infusion of funds without a takeover, a takeover would just give Usmanov or Kroenke the club's full profits. Usmanov wants to be the sole owner and Kroenke wants to make sure nothing changes. If Kroenke buys the team outright I will be thrilled, he is a winner who wants to own winners, not just money makers. Usmanov on the other hand I'm not too sure about, I'm nervous he just wants another jewel in his crown like Mr. Glazer.
Wenger has already stated that he intends to buy a few players this summer, without a takeover. If they want to clear the debt then clear the debt, they don't need a takeover to do that.
Just look to Manchester United to see the dangers of an owner who has no idea what he's doing and is only in it for the money. I'd rather have Arsenal's ownership and state of finances right now than have United's.
It's funny from reading team message boards, how neither team wants to be run like the other.
If the owners of Arsenal are willing to start spending some serious money, i think they would dominate the league. United are weaker and Chelsea will probably start going down in a few years
Apr 14, 2010 at 4:22 PM
- foreign49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,355
Originally posted by dman: