LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

English Premier League

• dman
  • Veteran

The English Premier League season kicks off tomorrow morning and I can't wait!

It should be a good competitive season with many teams having a chance to raise the trophy at season's end.

Here is how I predict the top 10 to finish:

1. Chelsea

A new manager in charge but it doesn't matter, this team is full of consistent players and leaders on the pitch like Lampard and Terry. Skeptics will say they are too old but I say a veteran team has an advantage.

2. Manchester United

They lost Ronaldo. They lost Tevez. I think it wont matter becuase the goals will come through and improved Rooney and a Berbatov determined to show he was worthy of his heavy price tag. Also this still might be the best defensive team in all of Europe.

3. Arsenal

Toure and Adebayor left for the money to head to Manchester City casusing many to doubt this team. I think these guys were overrated as Ade was a failure last season and Toure is well past his prime. These young Gunners should have the best attack in the league thanks to a full season out of Andre Arshavin.

4. Liverpool

They have Torres and they have Gerrard, thats enough to win many games in this league. The loss of Alonso will hurt them big time though. Still a talented and hard working team that should easily finish in the top 4 and contend all season.

The rest:

5. Manchester City - Spent a lot of money to bring in talent but not enough chemistry to finish in top 4

6. Everton - Hard working team always finishes high

7. Tottenham - Talented though very inconsistent, you never know with these guys

8. Aston Villa - Barry leaves for Man City, hurts them big time but watch Ashley Young

9. Fulham - Dream season last year, will fall back to earth a bit

10. West Ham - Maybe Cole finally reaches his potential as a top striker

So come talk trash, pimp your team, and follow the season here!

Doesn't ESPN now have part of the U.S. broadcast rights?
Didn't ManU also acquire Michael Owen?
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fhysical:
Doesn't ESPN now have part of the U.S. broadcast rights?

I believe they only show games on ESPN in the UK
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:

Ya, and ill think he will score some goals for them. Not because hes any good anymore just that he will get a ton of chances there. Valencia should be a good player as well but I think Chelsea will be better.
Originally posted by dman:

Ya, and ill think he will score some goals for them. Not because hes any good anymore just that he will get a ton of chances there. Valencia should be a good player as well but I think Chelsea will be better.

Yeah I think Liverpool and ManU lost too much this year.
Great analysis..

I think the emergence of Nani now that ronaldo is gone is gonna be one of the main reasosn why MAN u stays in the top 4. I can definitely see Arsenal dropping out of the top, to Man city or Aston V..Agbonlahor and A yoiung are enough to keep them relevant, although Barry was a huge loss. Man City could very easily make the top 4 if they can out a lil chemistry together, cuz their lineup is straight FILTH.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Aug 14, 2009 at 11:32 AM ]
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Great analysis..

I think the emergence of Nani now that ronaldo is gone is gonna be one of the main reasosn why MAN u stays in the top 4. I can definitely see Arsenal dropping out of the top, to Man city or Aston V..Agbonlahor and A yoiung are enough to keep them relevant, although Barry was a huge loss. Man City could very easily make the top 4 if they can out a lil chemistry together, cuz their lineup is straight FILTH.

Call me a homer if you must but I think that Arsenal will lead the league in goals this season. They were tied for the lead last season and now they will have Arshavin for the full year, hes a freak. The scoring will keep them in the top 4 but the inconsistent defense will prevent them from taking the title.

Man City signed some nice players but there is no style or system in place like there is at Arsenal. Tevez will tear it up but Ade is gonna be a bust and their defense will suck.

Nani is talented and should emerge this year, just got injured though, pluss he looks too much like Michael Jackson from the Thriller video.
MY boy vela and gio hopefully they make some noise
Originally posted by thuglife619:

Gio might leave to Deportivo La Coruna, on Guardados suggestion.

Gio might leave to Deportivo La Coruna, on Guardados suggestion.

ya i saw that and their is rumors about him going to inter milan
  • dman
  • Veteran

I hope to see Vela get more time, he looks to be the real deal.

does he get alot of playing time with the top team?
  • dman
  • Veteran

No, and Im not sure if that will change this year.

It depends on the formation but Arsenal have many attacking players that would play instead of him.

Me and my fellow Gooners all want him to get more time though.

i think he will get more playing time. hopefully he kicks it up a notch.

Arsenal

i hope Gio moves to Inter as it seems harry redcrap mite not give him playing time.
Share 49ersWebzone