LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

****2009 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread NLDS****

Originally posted by lakers27:
not one dodger fan wanted to post today?

lol, i missed the loss today so my opinion is

I really did want the sweep in San Fran though
I was at work and did not get to watch the game. Had no idea it was an earlier game. Whatever. 2 of 3 is nice.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
John Smoltz headed to Dodgers or Cardinals?

Now that John Smoltz(notes) has refused any assignment to the Boston Red Sox minor-leagues and apparently cleared waivers, the team can either trade him or release him. Obviously, the Red Sox want to get whatever they can for him so there will be attempts to trade him.

The Dodgers are supposedly interested, according to Fox Sports. And Tony La Russa reportedly would like him to come play for the St. Louis Cardinals, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Of course, La Russa would want to stick Smoltz in the bullpen, which is supposedly a spot that he doesn't want to be in. (The guy is picky and you would be too if you'd already had the career he's had.) If La Russa can't get Smoltz, he's also apparently interested in reliever Justin Speier(notes), who was just released by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim even though he held righthanders to a .239 average this season and struck out 20 of them to every five he walked.

Source: FOXSportsTwitter/St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Man that was scary. Im glad the test showed up negative, one of the worst things that can happen in baseball.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Battle for the NL

Cardinals (67-52) @ Dodgers (71-48)...3 game set
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Dodger fans,

I want to remind everyone about DailyDodgers.com! Be sure to stop by, post, and help get the community started.

http://www.dailydodgers.com
Originally posted by Webmaster:
Dodger fans,

I want to remind everyone about DailyDodgers.com! Be sure to stop by, post, and help get the community started.

I've been spreading the word like wild fire to all my Dodger friends at work n school. I would post there more often but i tend to do that here on the zone.

Suggestion for the main page, maybe you can have the starting pitchers for the game of the day?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by Webmaster:
Dodger fans,

I've been spreading the word like wild fire to all my Dodger friends at work n school. I would post there more often but i tend to do that here on the zone.

Suggestion for the main page, maybe you can have the starting pitchers for the game of the day?

Nice idea! That is already on the Schedule page so it would not be too tough to get it on the front page. Thanks Sol.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Your pitcher ok?

He was released from the hospital this morning, and the updated results still came out negative. I don't mean to sound like an insensitive, but i wish they would give a time table for his return.

But all in all, im glad he wasn't suffering from internal bleeding.

Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Your pitcher ok?

He was released from the hospital this morning, and the updated results still came out negative. I don't mean to sound like an insensitive, but i wish they would give a time table for his return.

But all in all, im glad he wasn't suffering from internal bleeding.

Yup. The news says that the only symptom he has is a head ache.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

• jrg
  • Veteran
Hey, atleast you guys tried...

A for effort

Share 49ersWebzone