LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

2009 SF Giants thread

Congrats to Bengie!
Originally posted by BigRon:
Did I read the scoring summary of last nights game correctly? Bengie with 3 big flys.

Benji had 2 homers and Pablo 1 and both had 4 hits.

Nice win. I really believe that Sanchez is going to blossom into a top pitcher next year. He has top of the rotation type stuff and I do NOT want the Giants to trade him. I dont think they could get a top bat for him at this point and so we should absolutley keep him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Did I read the scoring summary of last nights game correctly? Bengie with 3 big flys.

Nice win. I really believe that Sanchez is going to blossom into a top pitcher next year. He has top of the rotation type stuff and I do NOT want the Giants to trade him. I dont think they could get a top bat for him at this point and so we should absolutley keep him.

what is Sanchez record since the benching. W L K BB and ERA. Someone has to have that available.

what is Sanchez record since the benching. W L K BB and ERA. Someone has to have that available.

I am too lazy to figure that out. However, I can give you the numbers since the all star break:

W/L 5-4 ( 1 more win than both Cain and Lincecum)
ERA 3.86
K's 95 in 79 innings - better than Timmy and #1 in all of baseball
batting average against 2.08 3rd in all of baseball to Timmy and Greinke

Just to compare what teams are hitting against Jonathan compared to others:(post AS Break)
Lincecum .202
Jonathan .208
Greinke .207
Wainwright .243
Carpenter .249

There is no question in my mind that Sanchez has the 2nd best "stuff" of the Giants starters.. yes better than Matt Cain. He has the ability when on to make hitters miss. He just needs to get the command and look out. These numbers are sick.

I am too lazy to figure that out. However, I can give you the numbers since the all star break:

ERA 3.86

Just to compare what teams are hitting against Jonathan compared to others:(post AS Break)
Lincecum .202
Jonathan .208
Greinke .207
Wainwright .243
Carpenter .249

There is no question in my mind that Sanchez has the 2nd best "stuff" of the Giants starters.. yes better than Matt Cain. He has the ability when on to make hitters miss. He just needs to get the command and look out. These numbers are sick.

Yep Sanchez has much more movement on his pitches than Cain, if he could get his command on lock there is no doubt that he could be our 3 or 4 starter, with Cain if he could just get another strikeout pitch he'd be deadly too. Hopefully he does that over the off season just like Lincecum did with his change up
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 30, 2009 at 10:59 AM ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

ERA 3.86

Lincecum .202
Jonathan .208
Greinke .207
Wainwright .243
Carpenter .249

Yep Sanchez has much more movement on his pitches than Cain, if he could get his command on lock there is no doubt that he could be our 3 or 4 starter, with Cain if he could just get another strikeout pitch he'd be deadly too. Hopefully he does that over the off season just like Lincecum did with his change up

I know youre talking about Cain with the change up, but Sanchez needs to start throwing his as well. His is almost as nasty as Lincecum's but Kruk says he has no confidence to throw it. That needs to change. He should be our 2 pitcher of the future, well i guess 4 since Zito is stuck here for several more years.
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Sep 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM ]
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

ERA 3.86

Lincecum .202
Jonathan .208
Greinke .207
Wainwright .243
Carpenter .249

I know youre talking about Cain with the change up, but Sanchez needs to start throwing his as well. His is almost as nasty as Lincecum's but Kruk says he has no confidence to throw it. That needs to change. He should be our 2 pitcher of the future, well i guess 4 since Zito is stuck here for several more years.

He definitely needs to develop confidence in his change, and Cain needs to develop one. The rotation would be ridiculous if both Cain and Sanchez can realize their full potential.
ummm how old is eli whiteside? that fool has hella grey hair!
Last incredibly minute piece of hope thrashed by Colorado winning.. Well, on to 49ers football baby!
we have been officially eliminated....BOOM

• Hopper
  • Veteran
So far another excellent pitched game with Whiteside behind the plate.
Originally posted by Hopper:
So far another excellent pitched game with Whiteside behind the plate.

penny is gonna get paid! Still we had a great season, 2 yrs in a row we overachieved, hope we can make it a 3rd!
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

you just barely noticed? lol

his face looks like a 25 year old but hes got the hair of a 60 year old. so how old is he?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

his face looks like a 25 year old but hes got the hair of a 60 year old. so how old is he?

he's a mature baby
Share 49ersWebzone