LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

2009 SF Giants thread

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
ummm how old is eli whiteside? that fool has hella grey hair!
you just barely noticed? lol

his face looks like a 25 year old but hes got the hair of a 60 year old. so how old is he?

30 I believe.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
his face looks like a 25 year old but hes got the hair of a 60 year old. so how old is he?
30 I believe.

cool.

so when do we start the offseason thread. im actually excited to see what we'll do.
30 I believe.

cool.

so when do we start the offseason thread. im actually excited to see what we'll do.

Not before this b***h gets to 1,000 pages! Kidding...
Lol i was hoping we could get this thread to a thousand pages. we might have had a shot to do it if we made the post season.
Just a reminder to check out http://www.extremegiants.com for the latest offseason news and chatter.
13,199 posts in here! I hate to think how many were mine. Well.. its been an interesting year.

Every off season is important but perhaps none more than these next 6 months. Neukom can shape the future of this organization by determining who the GM will be and the level of their commitment with their payroll. Fans have supported this team very well but that will change if the team takes a big step backwards.
Take this for what it's worth but yahoo had an article on the upcoming offseason saying that the Giants may be suitors for Matt Holliday or Jason Bay. Just rumors..

I would want to keep Uribe and Penny. Trade for a bat.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
13,199 posts in here! I hate to think how many were mine. Well.. its been an interesting year.

Every off season is important but perhaps none more than these next 6 months. Neukom can shape the future of this organization by determining who the GM will be and the level of their commitment with their payroll. Fans have supported this team very well but that will change if the team takes a big step backwards.

1,293 posts from you
grade bochy this year.. what would you give him?

b

For taking us this far with the talent we have... B+

For game management.... D-

For Rookie developement... C

For Handleing Pitching....B

For Forward thinking....F

He ususally played for now and the 3 run homerun. Seldom did he attempt to play small ball and game situational hitting and when he did and things went wrong he would stop managing that way for a few games. He more often that not gave up on trying to manage for a run at a time. His lineups varied and often didn't put out a lineup that could give us our best chance that day decided rather to play everyone like a little league team. There is too much to say about him that others will say better.

It scares me that this team may have done well enough this year, remember Neukom said he thought we were only a .500 team, to warrant bringing him back for another season.
so it looks like Bochy and Sabean will be back next yr according to espn rumors. THat being the case what moves do we ACTUALLY make.

I'd say we make a strong push to sign Penny and Uribe. What would penny command and get?? I'd like maybe a 2 yr deal 10 mil? or do you think he will ask for more??

Also we will prob have to give timmy a BIG raise, his agent will prob mention zito's contract in his first sentence not that he doesn't deserve it by any means! And last I think like ninerjohn and other have said, I'd think Abreau would be a nice pick up...
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Take this for what it's worth but yahoo had an article on the upcoming offseason saying that the Giants may be suitors for Matt Holliday or Jason Bay. Just rumors..

Bay could come to the bay
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

Do not want. He'll never hit 30 HR's in our park.
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

Do not want. He'll never hit 30 HR's in our park.

Agreed. Yes he's a consistent hitter, but I don't know how well he would do in SF.
Share 49ersWebzone