Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 580 users in the forums

Training Camp 2026

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Kind of interesting.

Nick Martin already losing the job too the rook. Gonna be interesting to see both
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Rockchalk_Seahawk:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by braap49er:

So I'm wondering, do you think they were starting little skirmishes before they had the chance to make any kind of play or just weren't making plays getting beat by Titans offense a little too much?

Yeah Fred was getting frustrated out there and was doing s**t after the play ended.. Then Osa threw a punch at the Titans Guard after the play. I mean I get Fred's excitement but he needs to save all that for the Rams. This is practice we're talking about. Practice - Allen Iverson

gtfo out of here with your made up stories

Fred wasn't frustrated at anything...he has always been a line stepper and a psycho on the field

the 49er D was physical and dominant based on my reading of various sources today

Except for Matt Maiocco who said the beginning of practice was embarrassing
[ Edited by Rockchalk_Seahawk on Aug 11, 2026 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Kind of interesting.

Nick Martin already losing the job too the rook. Gonna be interesting to see both

We did not see enough of Martin last season, but he looked promising in the few plays we did see.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
It seems like forever since the niners have won a joint practice. I know the doom and gloom crowd will be like " oh this is evidence the team will suck this season" I never take much from these practices. My biggest question is was there anybody else who got hurt coming out of this?

Why does there need to be a winning or losing side in a joint practice. It's not a game with a score.
Originally posted by Since07:
I don't expect to see much of him this season but that'd be great if he climbed the depth, I don't like Gifford getting the SAM spot above Bethune and Nick Martin .
The depth chart is unofficial, and Gifford hasnt played much this offseason because of injury himself. I hope someone else steps up for SAM. Bethune is strictly a Mike backup behind Warner I think.
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Aug 11, 2026 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Kind of interesting.

Nick Martin already losing the job too the rook. Gonna be interesting to see both

We did not see enough of Martin last season, but he looked promising in the few plays we did see.

No this ain't Duggar winning the job over Martin they will have different roles

I think in the 5 man DL Duggar is the starter in a 4-3 Martin will be the LB role there

I see them as different positions
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Kind of interesting.

Nick Martin already losing the job too the rook. Gonna be interesting to see both

We did not see enough of Martin last season, but he looked promising in the few plays we did see.

No this ain't Duggar winning the job over Martin they will have different roles

I think in the 5 man DL Duggar is the starter in a 4-3 Martin will be the LB role there

I see them as different positions

Agreed. Martin role was taken when we got Greenlaw back
Originally posted by ritz126:
No this ain't Duggar winning the job over Martin they will have different roles

I think in the 5 man DL Duggar is the starter in a 4-3 Martin will be the LB role there

I see them as different positions

Yeah, I agree. This makes sense given Morris' explanation of his feverbacker.

Feverbacker seems to encompass both a SAM LB in a 5-man front and a SAM LB in triple LB stack. Those two roles could be split between Dugger and Martin although Dugger has the athletic potential to steal all roles entirely. The same can't be said for Martin. He's more likely to end up being the backup Will if I had to bet.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 11, 2026 at 2:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by ritz126:
No this ain't Duggar winning the job over Martin they will have different roles

I think in the 5 man DL Duggar is the starter in a 4-3 Martin will be the LB role there

I see them as different positions

Yeah, I agree. This makes sense given Morris' explanation of his feverbacker.

Feverbacker seems to encompass both a SAM LB in a 5-man front and a SAM LB in triple LB stack. Those two roles could be split between Dugger and Martin although Dugger has the athletic potential to steal all roles entirely. The same can't be said for Martin. He's more likely to end up being the backup Will if I had to bet.
I know the during the draft a lot of people had Barham envisioned in that role. Hopefully Duggar fills that position well since Barham has reportedly already taken Dee Winters spot for the Cowboys
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Saleh said everyone is playing on Thursday. So our backups will be going against their starters.on both sides of the ball.

Hallmark of a sorry roster.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Aug 11, 2026 at 2:54 PM ]
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Hallmark of a sorry roster.
Partially yes, but also I think the bigger thing here is that Saleh and the coaching staff are new to the Titans. So they probably want to see most of their guys in some capacity, in terms of roster decisions and evaluations. They are also not contenders in any way shape or form, so the injury risk is not as critical.

Whereas teams with coaches who are long-tenured dont really have a need for that live game evaluation for vets and incumbent starters
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Aug 11, 2026 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Rockchalk_Seahawk:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Rockchalk_Seahawk:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by braap49er:

So I'm wondering, do you think they were starting little skirmishes before they had the chance to make any kind of play or just weren't making plays getting beat by Titans offense a little too much?

Yeah Fred was getting frustrated out there and was doing s**t after the play ended.. Then Osa threw a punch at the Titans Guard after the play. I mean I get Fred's excitement but he needs to save all that for the Rams. This is practice we're talking about. Practice - Allen Iverson

gtfo out of here with your made up stories

Fred wasn't frustrated at anything...he has always been a line stepper and a psycho on the field

the 49er D was physical and dominant based on my reading of various sources today

Except for Matt Maiocco who said the beginning of practice was embarrassing

Give it a rest Seahawks troll

It is now many hours later and we have multiple reports on what happened

The starting D was punking the titans offense

The titans offensive players started the fights

The 2nd play greenlaw blew up a pulling OL on a toss play

The 3rd play R Green blasted WR rookie Carnell Tate on an incomplete pass

all of that points to physical and dominant D as I said earlier

Maiocco likely called it embarrassing because he is extremely conservative and professional and didnt like it
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Aug 11, 2026 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Hallmark of a sorry roster.
Partially yes, but also I think the bigger thing here is that Saleh and the coaching staff are new to the Titans. So they probably want to see most of their guys in some capacity, in terms of roster decisions and evaluations. They are also not contenders in any way shape or form, so the injury risk is not as critical.

Whereas teams with coaches who are long-tenured dont really have a need for that live game evaluation for vets and incumbent starters

i kinda like titans this year as a sleeper. easy division and a year 2 pick 1 QB they just need him paired with daboll to make the jump, could happen. then you have saleh paired with jeffrey simmons. coaching matters and i think daboll can do the OC job and i like saleh as HC also
Puka Nacua facing a possible suspension for the new years eve incident and could miss week 1. And speaking of Nacua he got injured during today's joint practice with the cowboys and left practice with an undisclosed injury.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Puka Nacua facing a possible suspension for the new years eve incident and could miss week 1. And speaking of Nacua he got injured during today's joint practice with the cowboys and left practice with an undisclosed injury.

I'm sure he will be just fine and probably avoid a suspension. . Same with Garrett and his knee swelling. Worst case only applies here
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone