Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 773 users in the forums

49ers select De'Zhaun Stribling-WR-Ole Miss with the 33rd pick in the 2026 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He did become the receiver we hoped for when Kaep started playing

That 7 game stretch + 3 postseason games was Crabtree's best time here. I really wonder what would've happened if he never tore his Achilles in minicamp after the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He did become the receiver we hoped for when Kaep started playing

Agreed. Tearing his achilles was brutal luck as well.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
That 7 game stretch + 3 postseason games was Crabtree's best time here. I really wonder what would've happened if he never tore his Achilles in minicamp after the Super Bowl.

What was surprising is he tore his achillies in late May and was back in early November
Very happy I drafted this guy in fantasy lol
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
That 7 game stretch + 3 postseason games was Crabtree's best time here. I really wonder what would've happened if he never tore his Achilles in minicamp after the Super Bowl.

What was surprising is he tore his achillies in late May and was back in early November

Was wild then and still wind with today's medicine. Kittles shooting for 8-9 months and Crabtree did it in 6 months or so.

as much as I'd love Kittle to play week 1, I doubt he does. That sort of travel could really mess up how he's feeling. I think he comes back week 2.

im hoping Mykel Williams is ready to come back by week 2/3 or so.
no excuses, damn right attitude

Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He did become the receiver we hoped for when Kaep started playing

That 7 game stretch + 3 postseason games was Crabtree's best time here. I really wonder what would've happened if he never tore his Achilles in minicamp after the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He did become the receiver we hoped for when Kaep started playing

Agreed. Tearing his achilles was brutal luck as well.
Damn I totally forgot about that injury
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Crabtree? I can't find the image but there is a reasons someone edited Crabtre dressed as Urkel with the caption "Did I drop thaaaat???"

I already have more confidence in Strib's hands than Crabtree... he reminds more of Boldin with the way he attacks the ball.

Crabtree had really good hands. I feel like this became a bit of a meme because Harbro said he had the best hands of any receiver he had ever seen, or something along those lines.
Yeah, I would say Crabtree's hands were good but I do recall quite a few drops. And I remember Harbaugh saying he had the best hands he had ever seen & thinking, are you kidding me Jim?!
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He did have trouble catching balls from Smitty

He wasn't a tight end or a running back, lol.

How long did they actually play together, about a season and a half?

4 seasons
Crabtree had pretty good hands. I don't recall him dropping a bunch of balls. I'm sure there were a few but he was generally solid
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
He wasn't a tight end or a running back, lol.

How long did they actually play together, about a season and a half?

Spot on All WRs had a hard time cause it's hard to catch a ball that isn't thrown.

Was it the Giants game where Smith didn't target a WR the entire game? Something like that……blew my mind
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
He wasn't a tight end or a running back, lol.

How long did they actually play together, about a season and a half?

Spot on All WRs had a hard time cause it's hard to catch a ball that isn't thrown.

Was it the Giants game where Smith didn't target a WR the entire game? Something like that……blew my mind

He targeted a WR 9 times in that game, but Crabtree was the only wide receiver to actually catch a pass (1 for 3 yards). Our top 3 WRs in that game were Michael Crabtree, Kyle Williams, and Brett Swain lol.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Really? He's much more Crabtree than TO in my opinion and the most natural catcher on the team aside from Evans. Kid catches everything with his hands; more WRs are body catchers than not.

I was strictly talking his hands

Can you elaborate?
Just read the 1st 10 pages and the sky was falling
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone