Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 400 users in the forums

49ers select De'Zhaun Stribling-WR-Ole Miss with the 33rd pick in the 2026 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Cohn is saying he's easy to jam and can't create separation after but is fast if not jammed

They're not wearing pads. I wonder how much jamming is actually happening right now. Still it must be killing Grant to be so positive about probably the two picks he was most against - Stribling and Black.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Cohn is saying he's easy to jam and can't create separation after but is fast if not jammed

They're not wearing pads. I wonder how much jamming is actually happening right now. Still it must be killing Grant to be so positive about probably the two picks he was most against - Stribling and Black.

ya reports are really positive about those 2
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:



Sounds like he's hit the ground running. I don't want to get too hyped based on practice reports, but it's better than hearing nothing.

The thing us be even better when pads come on because of how physical he is. I figured if he was going to struggle in camp it would be this time when there was no pads.

Typical TC fodder. Show me week 1.

While I don't disagree that pre pad, early TC stuff shouldn't be a reason to induct someone into the HOF but let's keep it honest. We've had plenty of guys who didn't show this even early on.

Do we remember AJ Jenkins? All the early reports from him even from OTAs were kind of scary and we all had to play the "oh it's early" game. Meanwhile we blinked and dude was so bad they didn't even give him a full 2nd training camp, let alone a 2nd season and the dude was a first round pick on one of the best teams in the NFL. If there was ever a time to give a kid time it would be then.

Both can be true which is why I tend not get too excited one way or another with young players in TC. It is good he starting his camp on a positive note.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:



Sounds like he's hit the ground running. I don't want to get too hyped based on practice reports, but it's better than hearing nothing.

The thing us be even better when pads come on because of how physical he is. I figured if he was going to struggle in camp it would be this time when there was no pads.

Typical TC fodder. Show me week 1.

While I don't disagree that pre pad, early TC stuff shouldn't be a reason to induct someone into the HOF but let's keep it honest. We've had plenty of guys who didn't show this even early on.

Do we remember AJ Jenkins? All the early reports from him even from OTAs were kind of scary and we all had to play the "oh it's early" game. Meanwhile we blinked and dude was so bad they didn't even give him a full 2nd training camp, let alone a 2nd season and the dude was a first round pick on one of the best teams in the NFL. If there was ever a time to give a kid time it would be then.

AJ was being called the next Jerry Rice in OTAs .

dont wanna jinx it , but I'm getting TO vibes from this kid .
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:



Sounds like he's hit the ground running. I don't want to get too hyped based on practice reports, but it's better than hearing nothing.

The thing us be even better when pads come on because of how physical he is. I figured if he was going to struggle in camp it would be this time when there was no pads.

Typical TC fodder. Show me week 1.

While I don't disagree that pre pad, early TC stuff shouldn't be a reason to induct someone into the HOF but let's keep it honest. We've had plenty of guys who didn't show this even early on.

Do we remember AJ Jenkins? All the early reports from him even from OTAs were kind of scary and we all had to play the "oh it's early" game. Meanwhile we blinked and dude was so bad they didn't even give him a full 2nd training camp, let alone a 2nd season and the dude was a first round pick on one of the best teams in the NFL. If there was ever a time to give a kid time it would be then.

AJ was being called the next Jerry Rice in OTAs .

dont wanna jinx it , but I'm getting TO vibes from this kid .

I hope that's sarcasm.

He got some hope in OTAs 2nd year...and then got traded before week 1.

With Pearsall possibly being unavailable for a long time, we're going to need him to continue to develop rapidly.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:



Sounds like he's hit the ground running. I don't want to get too hyped based on practice reports, but it's better than hearing nothing.

The thing us be even better when pads come on because of how physical he is. I figured if he was going to struggle in camp it would be this time when there was no pads.

Typical TC fodder. Show me week 1.

While I don't disagree that pre pad, early TC stuff shouldn't be a reason to induct someone into the HOF but let's keep it honest. We've had plenty of guys who didn't show this even early on.

Do we remember AJ Jenkins? All the early reports from him even from OTAs were kind of scary and we all had to play the "oh it's early" game. Meanwhile we blinked and dude was so bad they didn't even give him a full 2nd training camp, let alone a 2nd season and the dude was a first round pick on one of the best teams in the NFL. If there was ever a time to give a kid time it would be then.

AJ was being called the next Jerry Rice in OTAs .

dont wanna jinx it , but I'm getting TO vibes from this kid .

I hope that's sarcasm.

He got some hope in OTAs 2nd year...and then got traded before week 1.

Or maybe it was Jerry Rice called Jenkins to do the Hill ..... and got ghosted
I wonder what the betting odds are fir Stribling to win OROY. I would jump on it right now. He is going to get a lot of opportunities and who are really his Competition other that the top 2 RBs? I don't like the QBs in this class and the top ranked WRs are on bad teams.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I wonder what the betting odds are fir Stribling to win OROY. I would jump on it right now. He is going to get a lot of opportunities and who are really his Competition other that the top 2 RBs? I don't like the QBs in this class and the top ranked WRs are on bad teams.

+6000
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
+6000

Is that number real? If so I am jumping on it. Not 100% how the betting odds work but that's 60 to 1 right? So $5 wins you $300? I like it.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
+6000

Is that number real? If so I am jumping on it. Not 100% how the betting odds work but that's 60 to 1 right? So $5 wins you $300? I like it.

Correcto mundo
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:



Sounds like he's hit the ground running. I don't want to get too hyped based on practice reports, but it's better than hearing nothing.

The thing us be even better when pads come on because of how physical he is. I figured if he was going to struggle in camp it would be this time when there was no pads.

Typical TC fodder. Show me week 1.

While I don't disagree that pre pad, early TC stuff shouldn't be a reason to induct someone into the HOF but let's keep it honest. We've had plenty of guys who didn't show this even early on.

Do we remember AJ Jenkins? All the early reports from him even from OTAs were kind of scary and we all had to play the "oh it's early" game. Meanwhile we blinked and dude was so bad they didn't even give him a full 2nd training camp, let alone a 2nd season and the dude was a first round pick on one of the best teams in the NFL. If there was ever a time to give a kid time it would be then.

AJ was being called the next Jerry Rice in OTAs .

dont wanna jinx it , but I'm getting TO vibes from this kid .

I hope that's sarcasm.

He got some hope in OTAs 2nd year...and then got traded before week 1.

Or maybe it was Jerry Rice called Jenkins to do the Hill ..... and got ghosted

lol yes, that did happen.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Is that number real? If so I am jumping on it. Not 100% how the betting odds work but that's 60 to 1 right? So $5 wins you $300? I like it.

Would be better off donating that $5 to a charity of your choice.

A Shanahan WR in their first year being OROY is an extremely long shot.
Remember, to win OROY you not only have to look good. You have to produce. This offense doesn't force feed anyone aside from CMC.

The number is this high because people are realists.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Would be better off donating that $5 to a charity of your choice.

A Shanahan WR in their first year being OROY is an extremely long shot.
Remember, to win OROY you not only have to look good. You have to produce. This offense doesn't force feed anyone aside from CMC.

The number is this high because people are realists.

Agreed. Still, lottery tickets are fun.

Gamble, gamble.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone