There are 198 users in the forums

1992 Joe Montana's Last Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm searching a recording of the national anthem that day. The game was December 28th 1992. The 49ers played against Detroit Lions. Can anybody help me with that request ?
Thanks a lot
He should've played the 4th quarter against Dallas in the NFCCG 3 weeks later…
It was sad because you could see him use his legs more than usual... almost to make a point.

At least that is what I remember. Haven't watched it again since that night though.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 18,745
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
He should've played the 4th quarter against Dallas in the NFCCG 3 weeks later…

This
Was fun that night but I think I was a bit bummed if I remember. I bought tickets for this game for my dad for XMAS. We were so glad we were going but if I remember correctly it turned out to rain so hard and at Candlestick it was windy and super cold besides wet. My dad was a bit ill back then so my perfect XMAS sort of fizzled due to the rain and cold.

But a memory with dad none the less. Funny, that same XMAS he got me a signed Montana lithograph. Still have it from dad.

Can't help with the opening and I don't remember it. Wasn't this a Monday night game? So long ago.. I'm talking the last Candlestick game by the way as a 9er.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Sep 4, 2023 at 7:52 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,633
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
He should've played the 4th quarter against Dallas in the NFCCG 3 weeks later…

Yupppp
I have a YouTube link to it if anyone wants it (the only issue is that the audio desyncs badly in the second half).
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,165
Originally posted by linkboy:
I have a YouTube link to it if anyone wants it (the only issue is that the audio desyncs badly in the second half).

HIS last game w/the 49er?
Originally posted by 9moon:
HIS last game w/the 49er?

Yes.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,165
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by 9moon:
HIS last game w/the 49er?

Yes.

I have the VHS copy, that and the game against KC.. the ONLY game I went against the 49ers...

if not mistaken, Amp Lee was the player who caught Montana's last TD pass for the 49ers..

Originally posted by 9moon:
I have the VHS copy, that and the game against KC.. the ONLY game I went against the 49ers...

if not mistaken, Amp Lee was the player who caught Montana's last TD pass for the 49ers..

I sent it to you in a pm to show I have it. I don't want to link it here due to copyright issues (it took me forever to track it down, which is why the audio desyncing makes me sad).

I've actually been building up a collection of old games every time I stumble across one on YouTube. Have a good collection going back to the early 80s.
[ Edited by linkboy on Sep 4, 2023 at 8:31 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Was fun that night but I think I was a bit bummed if I remember. I bought tickets for this game for my dad for XMAS. We were so glad we were going but if I remember correctly it turned out to rain so hard and at Candlestick it was windy and super cold besides wet. My dad was a bit ill back then so my perfect XMAS sort of fizzled due to the rain and cold.

But a memory with dad none the less. Funny, that same XMAS he got me a signed Montana lithograph. Still have it from dad.

Can't help with the opening and I don't remember it. Wasn't this a Monday night game? So long ago.. I'm talking the last Candlestick game by the way as a 9er.
My first game ever. I remember the rain and the great 2nd half. Was a youngin at the time and got to see two of my favorites, Joe and Barry.
I remember Steve young giving him a half assed congrats when Montana came off the field after he threw a td pass. I was sad. I liked young, but Montana was Montana. We would have had two more rings with joe.
All because fatass Bubba Paris couldn't block Leonard Marshall or kept him pancaked after having fallen down…
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 4, 2023 at 11:10 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Posts: 149,314
Share 49ersWebzone