There are 214 users in the forums

Do you remember your first 49er game in person?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
How can I forget.. " The Catch "
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
My First was Joe Montana's last 1991

Was able to see some Montana magic and Barry Sanders

i figured you were out there at Kezar waiting for them to put the shovel in the ground
that is a good one.. iirc Joe played a half, probably got a standing O for the entire half
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
My First was Joe Montana's last 1991

Was able to see some Montana magic and Barry Sanders

i figured you were out there at Kezar waiting for them to put the shovel in the ground
that is a good one.. iirc Joe played a half, probably got a standing O for the entire half
not that old.. but i heard about kezar.. man i think they had gladiator fights in that place
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 26, 2023 at 9:04 PM ]
Oct 10th 2004 vs the Cardinals

This was the Tim Rattay game. I believe he broke the niners all time passing record for yards in a game with 417. Eric Johnson had 160+ yards and we came back down 16 points with 5 minutes left. 1st td to Johnson and the 2nd td was to Brandon Lloyd. Most acrobatic wr ever imo.

I was there for a wedding and I promised my gf if we won I would stay an extra 2 days bc I thought we were done 16 points down. It was worth it I guess
August 1992, Niners beat Washington 17-15 in the American Bowl at Wembley, London.

Even met the players a few days beforehand when they were training, what a day for 13yr old me. Steve, Joe, John Taylor (don't remember Rice being there for some reason). I also remember being awed by how big Charles Mann was for Wash, absolute mountain of a man.
Originally posted by krizay:
I've only been to one. Our last trip to Pittsburgh with Kaepernick.

Have a chance to hit Pitt and CLE this year if the schedule permits

I live in Pitt, I'm excited for them to come to town 🎉

my first game was when we got wrecked in Baltimore in '03. Some dark years 😅 plenty of happier games after that
[ Edited by footballxpaul on Apr 27, 2023 at 6:05 AM ]
September 7th, 2014 at AT&T Stadium versus the Cowboys.

I can remember the loud cheers as we scored the first touchdown on a fumble recovery. It pretty much turned into a Niner home game shortly after that. The takeover of the Cowboys home field was something I will never forget.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Oct 10th 2004 vs the Cardinals

This was the Tim Rattay game. I believe he broke the niners all time passing record for yards in a game with 417. Eric Johnson had 160+ yards and we came back down 16 points with 5 minutes left. 1st td to Johnson and the 2nd td was to Brandon Lloyd. Most acrobatic wr ever imo.

I was there for a wedding and I promised my gf if we won I would stay an extra 2 days bc I thought we were done 16 points down. It was worth it I guess

Oh you know it was worth it!!
Yep.

December 19, 1992

We played Tampa and won 21-14 and clinched the West.

My only disappointment about the game was that I didn't get to see Montana play, as Seifert had stated that Joe would only play if it was a blowout and it wasn't.

The game next week against Detroit was when he played the second half (if anyone has a copy of that game, I'd love to see it again).
It was this past season. Win against Raiders in OT. And ran into BP's sister after the game & chatted some. Then partied for hours after at a pub with fellow fans. Great times.

I think I was around 8 or 9 years old in 1977. It was a cold gray rainy day at Candlestick Park. Maybe around 20,000 folks showed up. We were terrible. We were playing the Chicago Bears and a young shifty hotshot running back named Walter Payton. We were losing obviously, and you practically hear a pin drop except for this exceedingly loud and belligerent drunk far high up from where my dad and I were sitting. " You $#$%*%$ 49ers!!" Every word out his mouth more dirtier than the next. Of course the F word was sprinkled throughout much of his diatribe. The guy was drunk as a skunk. He must've been in his mid to late 20's. He was sitting right between two rather attractive young ladies who were both laughing thier asses off at how obnoxious this guy was. Being a curious young fellow I asked my dad " what's that guy saying dad?". My dad just shook his head and smiled. What a great memory🙂
1970 Kezar stadium, saints at 9ers, 20-20 tie
September 18th 1994 in the win over the rams.
Share 49ersWebzone