LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Do you remember your first 49er game in person?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Yup. 49ers vs Cardinals at Candlestick for the season opener on MNF in 2007. It took me until my 20's to be able to see a game live as I lived so far away. Alex was playing pretty bad and we were down most of the game but he led us down the field, 86 yards on the final drive and Arnaz Battle took an end around and scored. A fantastic and unexpected play call. Candlestick was absolutely hopping and literally shaking for that drive, play, and afterwards. First time I ever heard "NIIIIIIIIIINERS!"as it was absolute pandemonium in the halls.. I have been to a game every year since though not all in San Francisco.

I was there for that game too. They wore the 80's throwbacks. Candlestick was loud as f**k that night
[ Edited by eric_anthony on Apr 25, 2023 at 7:58 AM ]
Originally posted by YATomcat:
I was 12 y/o +/-.......Maybe 1951 or so. McElhenny takes a Bears punt on the 10 yard line and weaves his way downfield for a long run or TD......I forget. I do remember George Halas running down the side line trying to catch up. He said something like ".....that was the goddamnest best run I have ever seen in my life"

I'm not sure but I think mine was against the Bears or Packers. It was also at Kezar about 1954 or 1955.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Yup. 49ers vs Cardinals at Candlestick for the season opener on MNF in 2007. It took me until my 20's to be able to see a game live as I lived so far away. Alex was playing pretty bad and we were down most of the game but he led us down the field, 86 yards on the final drive and Arnaz Battle took an end around and scored. A fantastic and unexpected play call. Candlestick was absolutely hopping and literally shaking for that drive, play, and afterwards. First time I ever heard "NIIIIIIIIIINERS!"as it was absolute pandemonium in the halls.. I have been to a game every year since though not all in San Francisco.

I was there for that game too. They wore the 80's throwbacks. Candlestick was loud as f**k that night

Yep I was there too. The whole atmosphere was insane. It was also Bill Walsh appreciation night (or something like that) since he had just recently passed away.
1992 49ers vs Falcons at Candlestick, I think we won 56-17. I just assumed that's how it'd always be.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Apr 25, 2023 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
1992 49ers vs Falcons at Candlestick, I think we won 56-17. I just assumed that's how it'd always be.

That's the infamous West Coast Trophy game where coach Jerry Glanville brought out a trophy taller than he was and put it on the sideline during pre game warmups. The Falcons had swept the west coast teams the previous season and he wanted to rub it in. Instead the Niners laughed at it and went out and gave them an old fashioned woodshed beating.

I always wondered what he did with that trophy. My guess is the Falcons players tried to shove it up his Arse.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Apr 25, 2023 at 2:49 PM ]
September 9, 2001 vs Atlanta Falcons at Candlestick. QB Michael Vick #1 pick sitting on bench with Chris Chandler starting for Atlanta.

RB Garrison Hearst back in the lineup. Rookies DE Andre Carter, TE Eric Johnson, straight line runner Vinnie Sutherland at punt/kick returner. Return of Dana Stubblefield at DT. Old man Ray Brown first season at RG and Derek Smith at LB. And who can forget the Jose Cortez experiment at Kicker.

16- 13 in overtime. Jose Cortez nailed the kick.

After the bad 2000 season I was able to get a pair of Season Tickets starting in the 2001 season.

Start of a great 12 - 4 season.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
49ers vs Eagles. Everyone chanting "we want Carr…we want Carr"
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
1998 Packers 49ers the catch 2 game was my first ever game. I was in the end zone where TO caught the game winner.

My dad had season tickets in 2001-2007

I also was at the 2002 NFL wild card game vs NY and the catch 3 Saints game.

I was at that 1998 playoff game too, sat in that same end zone. Amazing moment. Great first game for you!
Ken Norton goal post beat down x2 at St Louis. Game was supposed to be the first played at the new dome but had to be played at Busch stadium. So glad I wore my Norton jersey to that game. Met him and got the jersey signed.
2006/2007 season Lions @ 49ers! I remember even planning it, I wanted to attend against a team they would win! I've gone to at least 1 or more games every year since. Only C-Oh-viid snapped my streak! My record in attendance is 24-3!!!!! I used to collect the tickets but now these f**kers going digital. I stopped caring.

never been to a playoff game though, so hopefully 🤞 soon!

0-2 vs the packers and 1 @ LA but Kittle broke the record that year.
[ Edited by plummerfan on Apr 25, 2023 at 9:22 PM ]

Dec. 23 1996 Lions @ 49ers
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Apr 25, 2023 at 9:37 PM ]
How can I forget.....

April 31st 2023.

Brings me tears just thinking about it.
I was 9 or 10 years old. At Kezar in DECEMBER‼️. Cold as hell‼️ Baltimore Colts vs 49ers. QB Johnny Unitas for the Colts was hurt so Earl Morrall was the backup. My Dad and his friends had season tickets in the end zone by the entrance to the tunnel. Just before halftime the Colts scored and kicked off to the Niners to the end zone where we were sitting. The Niners had a return man that they called "Super Nat" and he wore #1. He takes the kick heads towards the left sideline and scores‼️ But the refs said he stepped on the sideline. And of course the fans weren't happy at all. So as the Niners are running out the clock, my Dad tells me to go down to the chain link fence by the tunnel to see the players go by. I figured this would be a highlight for me and started to make my way down. As I am nearing the tunnel, something tells me to look up to my left and I see a glass bottle (whiskey I assumed) coming at me‼️ I stopped and it hit the fence right in front of me‼️ I figured it wasn't a good idea to be down there so I went back to where I was sitting. The old man asked me what happened and I told him that people were throwing bottles and one almost hit me. When we get home after the game, I started to watch the news. When the sports report came on, they talked about the game of course and mentioned that fans were throwing bottles and that after the game, one of the refs got hit coming off the field and was knocked unconscious‼️
I told my Dad and said I don't ever want to miss another 49ers game again‼️
Living in Ohio, the first game I ever saw them was 1995 @ Indy. That was a damn Harbaugh-heartbreaker. I will always remember that last second Cary Blanchard FG killed me. Final was 18-17. If my wife hadn't stopped me, probably would have been in a handful of fights walking out to the car. LOL

I didn't get to see a home Niner game until Dec 2015 vs the Bungles. Ugly, Blaine Gabbert loss, 24-14. But, it was with my son, so we will always treasure that trip.
[ Edited by OhioNinerfanatic on Apr 26, 2023 at 7:25 AM ]
Oct 14 2001 T O catches game winning TD on a 52 yard bomb from Jeff Garcia in sudden death overtime. I was on the right side of the end zone game was at Georgia Dome
[ Edited by swaccmac1 on Apr 26, 2023 at 8:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone