LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 426 users in the forums

Do you remember your first 49er game in person?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mine was in the early part of the 1970 season at Kezar stadium. I had been a Niner fan for years but this was the first game my dad took me to, It was actually fairly memorable, as the game ended in a tie. I know, I am old.

Niners vs Saints at Kezar stadium - Final score 20-20
Brodie had a meh game, maybe 50% comp and a few picks.
Gene Washington had over 100yds rec with a couple of tuddy's
I got to see my all time favorite Niner in person … HOF'er Jimmy Johnson
The Kezar seats were uncomfortable af

Despite being a tie and a bit of a novelty, this game was overshadowed by the Baltimore vs NY Jets game on the same day … Unitas Vs Namath. I had to look it up to be sure, but Namath had 400 yds passing but threw 6 picks I bet he still got laid that night.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Mine was in 1994 against the Cowboys, regular season game. Both teams were on fire and it was a fight for the #1 seed. The Cowboys of course had beaten the Niners in the previous two NFCCG's so it was a huge game at this point. I was absolutely shocked at how loud it was. I was just out of high school and didn't have much money, so our seats sucked lol, but just being in the stadium with all of that energy was amazing. Got to see my favorite Niner of all-time, Jerry Rice, score a touchdown on a long pass from Steve Young. Niners won 21-14.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I've only been to one. Our last trip to Pittsburgh with Kaepernick.

Have a chance to hit Pitt and CLE this year if the schedule permits
2002 49ers vs Packers at Candlestick Park.
First game I went to was the game they played at Stanford stadium after the '89 quake. Was 7 at the time. I remember the Niners winning, and the serious injury to Jeff Fuller.
49ers Oilers in 1987
Yup. 49ers vs Cardinals at Candlestick for the season opener on MNF in 2007. It took me until my 20's to be able to see a game live as I lived so far away. Alex was playing pretty bad and we were down most of the game but he led us down the field, 86 yards on the final drive and Arnaz Battle took an end around and scored. A fantastic and unexpected play call. Candlestick was absolutely hopping and literally shaking for that drive, play, and afterwards. First time I ever heard "NIIIIIIIIIINERS!"as it was absolute pandemonium in the halls.. I have been to a game every year since though not all in San Francisco.
I live in Canada and have only travelled to see them play. The 49ers QBs I have seen start are Shaun Hill, Ken Dorsey, and Troy Smith .

I had high hopes for all of them at one point.
1959 SF vs Detroit Y. A. Tittle was our QB and he was traded a couple years later. Kezar was so much fun to wander around in, pretending to be in a Roman palace.lol. Wasn't real crowded as I remember. Parking in a driveway on Haight St. The best weather that SF has is Sept/Oct and this was a beautiful day. I was hooked, a fan for life. The last game my Dad went to was at Candlestick, the 1981 Championship game. We bought season tickets because Bill Walsh went to high school with my Mom. My Dad said that after Dwight Clark's catch that he was done, they had FINALLY won the big one. I love you Pops and miss you every day. Go Niners!
[ Edited by eastie on Apr 24, 2023 at 7:17 PM ]
1990 Week 13 MNF: Giants (10-1) at SF (10-1). Absolutely awesome...nuff said.

Niners vs Jets Oct 11 2001; first game post 9/11 in New York. Wild atmosphere boring game haha. But we won!
1998 Packers 49ers the catch 2 game was my first ever game. I was in the end zone where TO caught the game winner.

My dad had season tickets in 2001-2007

I also was at the 2002 NFL wild card game vs NY and the catch 3 Saints game.
2002 against Washington. It was an ugly game because half the team had the flu. Owens had a sweet end around TD and Beasley converted a 3rd and short to conserve the win.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, it was me and my brother, two sisters and my five cousins. I was around 6 yrs. old and we got in the game, because we were, Jr. 49ers Club Members. Our seats were in the end zone to the right. In old Candlestick, that was right under the expansion seats, they were orange. Everytime we scored a TD or a FG, there was this giant milk carton, that would appear. They would let the kids get in the milk carton and jump around the end zone. Those were the days.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 25, 2023 at 8:36 AM ]
I was 12 y/o +/-.......Maybe 1951 or so. McElhenny takes a Bears punt on the 10 yard line and weaves his way downfield for a long run or TD......I forget. I do remember George Halas running down the side line trying to catch up. He said something like ".....that was the goddamnest best run I have ever seen in my life"
Share 49ersWebzone