LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 314 users in the forums

Deebo versus Aiyuk

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Deebo versus Aiyuk

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
JL may have to make this decision irl soon.. hard to pay two receivers mega bucks

I think that decision was already made.

You think one could be traded at some point?
The days of the offense relying on Deebo to carry them and be the focal point we're over the moment Lynch decided to trade for McCaffrey.

I'd love to keep them both, but Aiyuk seems the more natural receiver and that's something we haven't seen In a long time, and let's not forget that Deebo always seems to miss games due to Injury.
Deebo wouldn't have to be dealt until 2025 if they want to go that route. Aiyuk can be signed if they want him as we have two more years of cost controlled qbs.
don't matter if we don't have a QB
Aiyuk in the long run.

Deebo's play is too reckless. More likely to get injured and miss games because Kyle uses him as a running back. Sometimes has questionable hands in the passing game. Good on the sweeps to the outside, but defenses are figuring it out and I feel like this isn't really fooling anybody anymore besides bad defenses. The days of him carrying the offense by himself are long gone as long as you have a competent QB hitting his reads
Aiyuk can run the full route tree and is the more durable player. I'm going with him.
Said it last off season when we were going through the Deebo drama. As much as I wanted to keep Deebo, not at the expense of Aiyuk later on.

My feelings haven't changed.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Said it last off season when we were going through the Deebo drama. As much as I wanted to keep Deebo, not at the expense of Aiyuk later on.

💯
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

💯

Completely agree with this
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Deebo wouldn't have to be dealt until 2025 if they want to go that route. Aiyuk can be signed if they want him as we have two more years of cost controlled qbs.

There you go. More likely the team will go with this route. They will keep Aiyuk. It's hard to find a 1st rd pick receiver who continues playing like a true star WR1 and keeps doing it in an upward trend. I think we finally found one in Aiyuk. Remember how many 49ers WR's drafted in the first round who ended up as busts.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Deebo is an NFL Superstar....Aiyuk is just another good NFL receiver.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
DEEVAH would not make it as WR alone.. so I have to go w/YUCK.

That's the reason you go with Deebo, dummy. Because, he can do it both.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 15, 2023 at 8:51 AM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Deebo is an NFL Superstar....Aiyuk is just another good NFL receiver.

Is that so? If Aiyuk had the amount of targets that Justin Jefferson had this past season, Aiyuk would have been #3 in yards. Aiyuk was tied for 6th in the league with Jefferson with 8 TD catches but had 70 less targets.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Feb 15, 2023 at 9:23 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 9moon:
DEEVAH would not make it as WR alone.. so I have to go w/YUCK.

That's the reason you go with Deebo, dummy. Because, he can do it both.

I see you have a pass on calling a poster " dummy " w/o being placed under TO.. . which Mod has your back so i can call him/her a DUMMY ..
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
don't matter if we don't have a QB

yessir, that's all there is to it
Share 49ersWebzone