LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Deebo versus Aiyuk

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Deebo versus Aiyuk

You can find another Aiyuk, you can't find another Deebo.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
JL may have to make this decision irl soon.. hard to pay two receivers mega bucks

I think that decision was already made.
In the long run, Aiyuk. Deebo is more impactful right now though.
I'll go with Aiyuk. I feel like when we play the better defenses those gadget plays for Deebo don't work as often or as well. Deebo isn't really know for destroyings CBs with his speed or route running as a typical WR would. Aiyuk I feel has more of that ability of beating his corner and getting open when the game gets tight. Anywho thats just my opinion and it means moot to what they decide to do.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Deebo for me. He's an elite playmaker. I think Aiyuk has a good argument for being the better traditional receiver, at least in terms of route running, but I think replacing him would be much easier. Deebo is more of a unicorn player, and can have a larger impact on a game.

Agreed
Easily Deebo but if they both could only run standard receiving routes I'd take Aiyuk.
On this team?

If we get a QB that ends up being a top 5 passer in the league then BA.

If we are stuck with 15-20 range qb then Deebo.

Simply because Deebo can hit home runs.

It comes down to having one ball, and who is going to maximize every possible throw.

I really think BA is Reggie Wayne level WR, and can move the chains and keep the clock running if the QB does his part. I think you end up with a high catch potential who is going to make the most of every opportunity.

In a way I think Deebo has been opposite at times, some times the offense tries to hard to force the ball to Deebo to get him "started", we have had 3 and outs trying to make the Deebo Time happen.

On this team, there is just so many guys that can make something happen, you simply don't need to force the ball anywhere.

So if Purdy or Lance is legit, and the QB we hope they can be, for the money.... I would rather have BA.

If we end up with middle of the pack QBing, then I would rather run the ball and wait for Deebo to break free and do his thing.

Personally I love both their personalities, and I think they are two great guys. They give great interviews and it is easy to cheer for either of them.

We are blessed to have both.

It is unbelievable how talented this skill group is, best in the history of the 49ers.
Aiyuk.

Until Deebo becomes a consistent WR that earns his WR contract it is Aiyuk. I love that he can be successful on runs and sweeps but that is not why we gave him a huge contract. To be honest, if he cannot put up better WR numbers next year and he shows up over weight I would trade him.
they both seem to drop a lot of passes
Originally posted by picklejuice:
they both seem to drop a lot of passes

just get up, bump the knuckles together, and get that next snap off before anyone realizes

As a hybrid, Deebo is more of a running back than a wide receiver while Aiyuk is a legit traditional WR. To answer the question, we should keep Aiyuk especially him and Purdy has been building a special chemistry together which is getting better and better as they continue to spend time in the field together. I believe give them another year together, they'll be a top five QB/WR tandem. Don't forget Aiyuk is almost always Purdy's first read. Also, I think we can keep them both together if we consider Deebo as a running back. Get rid of the other running back or running backs since Deebo does more snaps than them anyways.

😅 YOC/A should have been YCO/A.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Feb 14, 2023 at 4:19 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Aiyuk. I just think his skillset will age better.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Also, if you have Kyle as the HC, then you go w/Deevah... he's drafted only to run special plays for him... look how he used him on that 2nd half of the Rams (NFCCG) and the Super Bowl..

I hate to be that guy, but both games we lost.
Deebo with Purdy, CMC, and Kittle. That is a winner for me.
Share 49ersWebzone