LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - 2022 Season Conference Championship

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - 2022 Season Conference Championship

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I hope I am wrong but I think this is the end of the line for us. They are at home and more fresh and healthy. The good news is win or lose our SB window is just starting. Most of our core is signed and we still have 2 QB's on a rookie deal for the next 3 years. Were in pretty good shape cap wise also. This could be the game where at the end of it we say "Damn, losing Eman finally killed us"

I share your sentiment, I hope I'm wrong too.

I hope the score is 28 - 3 49ers!

They're a good team, but there's things that make me think we'll win it:

We're about as experienced a play-off team as you can get. This will be the 2nd NFCCG for most of the squad and 3rd for a fair number.

The Dallas game was thei superbowl and we won. It's hard for the Eagles to jump from a no contest against the giants to match the level we've had to play at.

Their sack numbers and defense is inflated from the first six games of their schedule with 41 of their sacks coming in the first six games.

Their weakness is vs the run, their linebackers, mis direction and tackling. We're the worst team you could play if those are your areas of weakness.

Our linebacker are fast and best cadre in the league; that will limit Hurts' scrambling significantly. He also does not want to risk a hit from them...

Our run defense can stop their run game, we can make them one dimensional and they'll need to be perfect - AJ Brown is also banged up.

All good points and makes me feel a little better😐

Also we were dealing with injuries during the season. We didn't have deebo for a few games, Arik was out most of the season, and we lost our #2 corner. Not to mention the last pick in the draft at QB.

Great Post! Thanks Buchy, maybe I can get some sleep now. 🍻🥂🍺
[ Edited by Giedi on Jan 29, 2023 at 7:06 AM ]
Maaaaan. I'm not liking the NFL network coverage on Niners. Hope it picks up later but it seems like everyone feels we are an after thought. Damn I hope we shock the world. I don't care if Purdy throws for 100 yds. We win that's all I care about. Go Niners!

Stacy on eagles: they are motivated, ready to go, it's about the journey of greatness
Omar on niners: basic ball, their motto, over to you Bob…. Wtf… lol…

go Niners!
Eagles are a good team and there's no point denying it. One of the best in the NFL. But I wonder if the jump up in quality of opponent might catch them out today?

They haven't had to muster an impressive win in a *mighty long time*. Check out their previous run of results -

Beat mediocre opponents (Giants) - Playoffs
Beat mediocre opponents (Giants)
Lost (Saints)
Lost (Cowboys)
Beat poor opponents (Bears)
Beat mediocre opponents (Giants)
Beat mediocre opponents (Titans)

We're in November of last year before they beat Green Bay. Really haven't done anything particularly impressive since. May have been freewheeling a bit.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

Haven't been able to blast shanny because he finally pulled his head out his ass this season and started calling better plays with Brock.

and to that end I'll be sitting in section 111 wearing my hall of fame Montana red.

f**k the birds
f**k hurts
f**k siriianni
f**k their coordinators
f**k eagles fans

lets goooooooooooooooooooo

Love it! Lets go!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 16_to_80:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 16_to_80:
Watch the 37:49 mark hopefully this becomes a huge advantage.

https://youtu.be/1viUBJ0svhE

Thank you so much for this link, Steve Young on his show!!! Man!!! How did I miss this!!!

No problem hope it helps some of your guys nerves. Steve is the man and very calming. Definitely watch the whole thing Krueg asks some good questions.

I don't wanna give it anything away on that interview, but man that was interesting about the Eagles pass defense. I'm pretty sure Kyle Shanahan is aware of that.

And not to change the subject, but I'm predicting that both Brock Purdy and Talanoa Hufanga are the difference makers today!!!!

Yeah it definitely was interesting hoping it translates in our favor. Would love to see those 2 be the difference in the game. My sleepers are Jordan Willis , Mason and Drake Jackson if they play.
In Purdy I trust. Give him time in the pocket and he will give us the W. Lets go.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Maaaaan. I'm not liking the NFL network coverage on Niners. Hope it picks up later but it seems like everyone feels we are an after thought. Damn I hope we shock the world. I don't care if Purdy throws for 100 yds. We win that's all I care about. Go Niners!

Stacy on eagles: they are motivated, ready to go, it's about the journey of greatness
Omar on niners: basic ball, their motto, over to you Bob…. Wtf… lol…

go Niners!

I love it, we'll be the underdogs again in a few weeks as well. Any respected player is picking us as they know what we really bring. More concerned about the SB than today.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I hope I am wrong but I think this is the end of the line for us. They are at home and more fresh and healthy. The good news is win or lose our SB window is just starting. Most of our core is signed and we still have 2 QB's on a rookie deal for the next 3 years. Were in pretty good shape cap wise also. This could be the game where at the end of it we say "Damn, losing Eman finally killed us"

I share your sentiment, I hope I'm wrong too.

I hope the score is 28 - 3 49ers!

They're a good team, but there's things that make me think we'll win it:

We're about as experienced a play-off team as you can get. This will be the 2nd NFCCG for most of the squad and 3rd for a fair number.

The Dallas game was thei superbowl and we won. It's hard for the Eagles to jump from a no contest against the giants to match the level we've had to play at.

Their sack numbers and defense is inflated from the first six games of their schedule with 41 of their sacks coming in the first six games.

Their weakness is vs the run, their linebackers, mis direction and tackling. We're the worst team you could play if those are your areas of weakness.

Our linebacker are fast and best cadre in the league; that will limit Hurts' scrambling significantly. He also does not want to risk a hit from them...

Our run defense can stop their run game, we can make them one dimensional and they'll need to be perfect - AJ Brown is also banged up.

yeah, but on the other side, the Eagles have an extra day of rest, whereas Dallas really tested the 49ers as well.
We need to set the tone of the game by scoring first and then run It down their throats the rest of the game

What we can't do Is have any miscues on offense early on, putting ourselves In 3rd and long too often.

I'm expecting another defensive battle little the one we witnessed last week against the Cowboys.

21-16 9ers.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm calm as hell. I just came to the realization of why stress, when it's in the football gods hands.

Yeah there is not much we can do to affect the game so it's best to enjoy these moments since they are very rare.

Yeah, Slip. That's the best attitude to have.

Losing is one thing, I just hope we won't get embarrassed. I have a feeling things could get out of hand if we are not careful and turn ugly pretty quickly in this game. Let's hope I am wrong, that's all I can say.

For all of you that are scared there's still time for you to go to church
Good morning faithful, feel a lot better after staying away from all the talking heads on network coverage this week. I think we're built for this, experienced wise and our defense and run game will be key here. Let's go!
49ers 28-24
I'm actually feeling pretty good about this game. I see it as a 50/50 chance to go either way. Remember that we weren't supposed to be here with Brock Purdy.

This was supposed to be the year that we maybe eek into the playoffs with Trey Lance, and for a time it looked like we were headed for an abysmal season, giving the Dolphins a top 10 pick.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
For all of you that are scared there's still time for you to go to church

Did my prayers this morning when I woke up.
A bunch of scared people pooping their pants in here. Wtf?

The Niners were built for this!
Share 49ersWebzone