LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 279 users in the forums

Stats and Strats: Matchup preview vs PHI 2022 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
One thread cannot contain the hype. Please post SF/PHI related articles, charts, breakdowns, videos, etc here since the main pregame thread moves fast and informational tidbits get quickly lost. Basically, this thread is for football nerdy stuff.
Thanks thl. 🤘

49ers 2022-2023 deep pass coverage.

47.4% completion
16.8 YPA
15.8% TD rate
5.3% INT rate

Jalen Hurts deep passing efficiency

39.7% completion
14.9 YPA
19.0% TD rate
5.2% INT rate
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 24, 2023 at 1:58 PM ]
Eagle last 8 games deep pass coverage.

60.0% completion
21.1 YPA
33.3 % TD
6.7% INT

Brock Purdy deep passing efficiency.

40.7% completion
12.8 YPA
14.8% TD
3.7% INT
  • thl408
I watched a bunch of PHI breakdown videos so you guys don't have to. This is one of the best summary type videos (all about PHI run game).

tldw: PHI's 11v11 run game get's defenses into single high coverage to get another defender in the box. They call more gap and inside zone than runs that attack the edge. RPO heavy team versus zone coverage, and when teams play man coverage their talent at WR and Hurts' deep ball accuracy wins.
@4:10, he talks about how to best stop their running game. DL slants, LB scrape exchange, let Hurts run it. Hitting him is better than their RB slashing through good OL blocking.
Originally posted by thl408:
I watched a bunch of PHI breakdown videos so you guys don't have to. This is one of the best summary type videos (all about PHI run game).

tldw: PHI's 11v11 run game get's defenses into single high coverage to get another defender in the box. They call more gap and inside zone than runs that attack the edge. RPO heavy team versus zone coverage, and when teams play man coverage their talent at WR and Hurts' deep ball accuracy wins.
@4:10, he talks about how to best stop their running game. DL slants, LB scrape exchange, let Hurts run it. Hitting him is better than their RB slashing through good OL blocking.

I plan on watching this when I get home later today.
  • thl408
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Eagle last 8 games deep pass coverage.

60.0% completion
21.1 YPA
33.3 % TD
6.7% INT

Brock Purdy deep passing efficiency.

40.7% completion
12.8 YPA
14.8% TD
3.7% INT

I first read that as "Eagles last 8 deep passing offense" and near pooped my pants. I never would have thought that the PHI defense would give up those kind of numbers. Maybe there's something to attack there. But I think it will have to be set up by having a decent rushing attack.
  • thl408
I plan on watching this when I get home later today.

I haven't found a video on the PHI defense worth posting. They are multiple, that I know. The DC has said that, so their gameplan changes depending on the opponent.
Their passing attack is rather basic (Air Raid, RPO), it's their talent that makes it so dangerous.
yall 2 on a date in here? anybody else allowed to join?

Good drop Our linebackers need to fill like those Bears backers did. Hopefully our interior guys can get some push and eat blockers and muddy up these running lanes. De's gonna have to be disciplined all game.
  • thl408
Originally posted by lamontb:
yall 2 on a date in here? anybody else allowed to join?

Good drop Our linebackers need to fill like those Bears backers did. Hopefully our interior guys can get some push and eat blockers and muddy up these running lanes. De's gonna have to be disciplined all game.

Of course. It's for anyone that wants to talk ball and other nerdy stuff besides "49ers will win, rawrrrr!!!"

• thl408

I think the 1st ranking in tackling is going to be key for the 49ers. I would put the stress on the 49er LBs, since that's an area of strength, in order to help the secondary.
Philly has given up over 100 yards rushing their last 6 games. This bodes well for the Niners.
None of this means anything. You will find out when you play the game. Past stats don't always equal this game. We even have different players playing in some cases. As do they.
Originally posted by Patton:
Philly has given up over 100 yards rushing their last 6 games. This bodes well for the Niners.

Thats the weak spot to attack IMO.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Patton:

Thats the weak spot to attack IMO.

That's what we should be doing. Get 200 yards and take the pressure off Purdy. Run outside if you have to and sweeps and things if that 5 man interior line is too tough.
Share 49ersWebzone