There are 230 users in the forums

Trey Lance Looking to get Traded?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I am Team Trey, but if he is that guy (a potential FQB) come in and beat Brock. Leave no doubt.

Also, while I'm leaning towards Brock being the FQB for the Niners, we'll need at least one more season to prove it unless he goes on a Montana/Young like tear the rest of the way that's almost impossible to do if you're not the real deal.

I could theoretically see Lance moved in 2024, but not this year.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Unless we're getting at least 1 first in return (probably still to low of compensation considering what we gave up to move up to the #3 spot in 2021), no thanks.

Absent a great trade package, we should hold on to Trey and develop him as far as he is able to develop.

How quickly we forget just how often our QB's get hurt. We need a good backup. At minimum, Trey can be that.

2nd in 2023
Conditional 3rd in 2024 that could become a 2nd or 1st.

Anything close to that I'm pulling the trigger
Originally posted by krizay:
2nd in 2023
Conditional 3rd in 2024 that could become a 2nd or 1st.

Anything close to that I'm pulling the trigger

Pass
  • thl408
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
They have Malik Willis. Can't give up on Willis after just 3 starts. He just needs more reps

The irony.

lol
Originally posted by thl408:
They have Malik Willis. Can't give up on Willis after just 3 starts. He just needs more reps

The irony.

lol

I think he was being sarcastic.
While I don't think Trey will be ready to beat out Brock for QB1 next off season, I find absolutely no reason to trade or even give up on him this early on.
That article is trash.

A. Can a man just say goodbye to a former colleague without it being some huge read between the lines ordeal?

B. Article says Trey was never fully embraced which is a lie. He was literally given the keys to the franchise this year with no QB competition. He was going to be our franchise QB but he got hurt.

C. Article tries to portray they kept Jimmy around bc they wanted him more than Lance. Jimmy was only kept around bc he was untradeable with his shoulder injury. They literally had that man practice on a separate field away from the team!!! They signed Sudfield to backup Trey and drafted Purdy as a flier. Jimmy wasn't suppose to be here.
At least let Trey and Brock battle it out in training camp before trading him. Leave no doubt who's the better QB is for this job.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by thl408:

The irony.

lol

I think he was being sarcastic.

Seeing how I think Trey is 5x better prospect than Malik and you all know my feelings on Trey. You would be correct
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
give TL his wish

• boast
  • Hella Fame
lock this stupid thread that's based on Florio clickbait
I think Trey would be dumb to request a trade anyway. Sit and continue to learn under one of the best offensive minds in football and save your body a couple years of punishment.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
I think it is just good luck.

But if it isn't, and he is hoping to be traded, i understand. I just hope it is behind the scenes and stays there unless the trade happens.
Unless Lance showed more during training camp than we were led to believe, he has as much chance winning the #1QB as Purdy would have had this year.

A 2nd this year, a 1st next year, maybe an additional conditional pick.

Who knows. Maybe that was all part of him getting hired too.
Originally posted by boast:
lock this stupid thread that's based on Florio clickbait

agree
Trade TREY_ning wheels to the Titans for a 7th rounder. He can be their backup. He's not going to have anything more than a Taysom Hill roll here. If he wants out ship him out. That's fine by me. We over paid and he can't play.
Share 49ersWebzone