There are 281 users in the forums

SF 49ers at Broncos pregame thread - 2022 Season Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers at Broncos pregame thread - 2022 Season Week 3

Better win this game, & the next few, after that the season gets really tough:
Chiefs, Rams (x2), Chargers, Bucs, Dolphins(?), Cardinals (x2)

10-7 should probably get you into the playoffs.
Sometimes a little knowledge goes a long way. Also i am really interested in us trying this out , or at least looking at it and seeing what it takes to get a program like this going. Of all the things I've looked at, this looks to be the best bet to keeping our guys healthy.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Sometimes a little knowledge goes a long way. Also i am really interested in us trying this out , or at least looking at it and seeing what it takes to get a program like this going. Of all the things I've looked at, this looks to be the best bet to keeping our guys healthy.

Yup!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Asking a dude who trolls the injury thread to read up and get educated on that subject is probably asking a bit too much.

We don't have an injury thread currently. What we do have is one that has injuries in the title, but is really just a haven for a certain poster to propagate misinformation and baseless theories about our team:

Would be cool to have an injuries thread that could mainly be tied to facts and reality, tho!? Maybe one day it happens?
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 24, 2022 at 11:16 AM ]
  • BP13
  • Veteran
27-17 SF, Broncos do not impress me, although I still have PTSD from Willow over the years. The real test will be next week vs LAR
[ Edited by BP22 on Sep 24, 2022 at 10:54 AM ]
Check out last week's WSJ, "The Rams have a secret weapon" Great article on how the Rams stay healthier than most anyone else. They are treating their guys before injury sets in and are using digitized data of each players joints, cartilage, ligaments, muscles, tendons, and so on. And they check up on their guys weekly, whether injured (rare) or not. Give it a read.

As I've said before...rest assured that whatever is happening in Rams camp isin't occurring in a vacuum. Also, as I've posted before,...injuries and the reduction of them is a league-wide effort.

It's not just a coincidence that an opponent fan shows up and feels like his team cant seem to catch a break with injuries. Until we ask these guys to play nice, pro football and injuries are joined at the hip.

But as said before...

The incidence of soft tissue injuries, including calf, hamstring, quadricep and adductor strains, are significantly up during the 2021 preseason compared to 2015-2019. As the NFL continues to use injury data to drive health and safety progress, new efforts are underway to address lower extremity injuries, which remain the highest driver of missed days.

The NFL-NFLPA's Joint Lower Extremity Injury Reduction Task Force will continue to develop and share strategies, targeting the reduction of these injuries.

The league also continues to improve the quality of data collected on these injuries, advance the science around how to best prevent them and share learnings and best practices across sports medicine. Which cleats players are wearing are tracked to determine performance on-field and which may result in fewer injuries. The league is also evaluating turf systems – natural and artificial – to learn how surface may correlate to injury.

In July 2021, the NFL's Scientific Advisory Board allocated $4 million to a team of medical researchers led by the University of Wisconsin to investigate the prevention and treatment of hamstring injuries for elite football players. Hamstring injuries are the most common injuries suffered by NFL players and are the second-most burdensome injury in the league, with nearly 75% of such injuries resulting in missed time for NFL players.

The NFL is committed to driving the number of lower extremity injuries down and will continue to work closely with club medical staffs and other experts to determine and implement effective injury reduction strategies across the league.
https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/health-and-wellness/injury-data/2021-preseason-injury-data-key-takeaways

Everyone is working together already. If something is legitimately working for 1 team to reduce injuries,...it is going to be researched and shared with the other 31.

The playbooks are what are kept under lock and key (not injury reduction strategies that are a coordinated effort) and as the Bronco fan that showed up here gives evidence of,...the "Poor Us" feeling is a natural human emotion for one's own team.

Human emotion tells you the 49ers have no clue what they are doing to reduce injuries. Common sense and facts tells you it's a league-wide effort, and not simply left @ the feet of the 49ers.

Go to the boards of many other teams and you'll find the same sentiment.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 24, 2022 at 11:22 AM ]
Once again, where the heck is Arik Armstead? Once again, collecting paychecks.
Bucker (PFF 75) > Armstead (PFF 54)
Originally posted by random49er:
Asking a dude who trolls the injury thread to read up and get educated on that subject is probably asking a bit too much.

We don't have an injury thread currently. What we do have is one that has injuries in the title, but is really just a haven for a certain poster to propagate misinformation and baseless theories about our team:

Would be cool to have an injuries thread that could mainly be tied to facts and reality, tho!? Maybe one day it happens?

if you want validation for whats said in that thread all you have to watch is a 49er game. the reality is there. we lose a starter every week. its week 3.....should we list the amount of players we ALREADY have out injured? dont need to. just watch this sunday to see who is next in line for IR.
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
if you want validation for whats said in that thread all you have to watch is a 49er game. the reality is there. we lose a starter every week. its week 3.....should we list the amount of players we ALREADY have out injured? dont need to. just watch this sunday to see who is next in line for IR.

Football's gonna football.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
sounds like they hired the wrong HC....

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Orlando Franklin derp

Orlando Franklin is a decent guy, and has some insightful commentary. And I think he's lost something like a hundred pounds since he played. Plus, he married a girl who stripped to pay her way through Denver University, which is a great school. So, there's that,
Possibly being without Armstead concerns me the most. If that happens they might gash us in the run game. Hopefully he plays.
Originally posted by random49er:
You gotta be kidding me!! You're telling me a fan of another team feels this way?

I thought that only....

Sidenote: Research the Rams and what they do. They have all the answers.

Check out last week's WSJ, "The Rams have a secret weapon" Great article on how the Rams stay healthier than most anyone else. They are treating their guys before injury sets in and are using digitized data of each players joints, cartilage, ligaments, muscles, tendons, and so on. And they check up on their guys weekly, whether injured (rare) or not. Give it a read.

What did you think of that article?
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:

Your user name is amazing
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
That Rams training regimen seems to be doing f**k all for them considering the amount of injuries they've had to deal with this year.

[So you mean "luck" plays a part?]
Share 49ersWebzone