Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 498 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Originally posted by Mankster:
I have a sneaky suspicion that everyone saying that the "Broncos are gonna run all over us" or "we won't be able to stop the run" will change their tune and be back after the game saying "I knew the Broncos run game was bad" or the "Broncos suck against the run!" Then they'll proceed to say, "what I'm really worried about is the Seahawks! They're gonna kill us!"

Ideally the 49ers offense continues to roll and we force them to be one dimensional.

Either way, the Broncos offense has been on par with the Dolphins through three weeks - ie, not good, lol. Not sure they're the team that's going to show us how bad our defense can be. The interesting matchup is the other side of the ball.
Originally posted by Mankster:
I have a sneaky suspicion that everyone saying that the "Broncos are gonna run all over us" or "we won't be able to stop the run" will change their tune and be back after the game saying "I knew the Broncos run game was bad" or the "Broncos suck against the run!" Then they'll proceed to say, "what I'm really worried about is the Seahawks! They're gonna kill us!"

Moving the goalposts is a time honored tradition here
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,290
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Crown:
This just feels unfair - there isn't a quarterback in NFL history that doesn't have a couple throws off target every game.

What exactly is the standard we are trying to measure here?

This!!! It feels unfair, because it is, it's just not realistic. The social media era unfortunately has turned people more critical in a sense, don't know why that is. Seriously, why is that? Someone do a sociology experiment and let me know lol. I think also, it's just such a now or never generation, no patience at all. They wanna Doordash tater tots, Coke, not leave the house and have everything come to them, now. And if it doesn't, make a reaction video and complain lol.

I miss the old days of football, it was definitely different before social media. More respect for the game, players. People are more reactive these days for sure. Slow the f**k down and enjoy life a little and get off my lawn! LOL

haha maybe we are getting old
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,290
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Crown:
KS needs a great game plan.

This has all the halmarks of "see BP is just an average system QB that cant win against top Ds+

I hate the insane glaze he has got from the media lately.

Let's hope he shows that he can still be dominant against the top defenses. We saw him put up 13 TDs in just 3 games at the end of last year, but then just 3 points against the Seahawks. Being able to beat up on the worst defenses in the league is nice, but we probably won't face only bad defenses in the playoffs.

Right.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,290
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Crown:
KS needs a great game plan.

This has all the halmarks of "see BP is just an average system QB that cant win against top Ds+

I hate the insane glaze he has got from the media lately.

49ers may potentially not have their top 5 WRs if all were healthy on the field vs one of the better secondaries in the NFL.

If people fall back to "average system QB" then they were never bright to begin with. Denver hasn't been dominant on defense like they were last season but they have been pretty good playing the pass outside of Stafford's big plays. Mahomes didn't have a great game against them despite the score and Trevor Lawrence was brought back down to earth after a stellar week 1.

IMO Brock doesn't need a flawless QBR or 4 TD game in this one to show how well he's playing. He just needs to be smart with the football and make key plays. I think he can do that even with the injuries to his receivers. Hopefully similar to what Mahomes had with Kenneth Walker, Brock is able to get a boost via CMC/Black running the football very well.

I think so too. and Brock is not playing for narratives.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Mankster:
I have a sneaky suspicion that everyone saying that the "Broncos are gonna run all over us" or "we won't be able to stop the run" will change their tune and be back after the game saying "I knew the Broncos run game was bad" or the "Broncos suck against the run!" Then they'll proceed to say, "what I'm really worried about is the Seahawks! They're gonna kill us!"

Moving the goalposts is a time honored tradition here
more like an escape route with their tails tucked between their legs
Originally posted by GunsUp240G:
Hard to compare Brock to another QB as he seems very unique. Its almost like he is generating a new baseline for future QBs to compare themselves to him.
He does have his own unique playing style and is getting better with each game he plays. Fun to watch him play
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
like we saw vs bears last season he just gets into a flow state where he plays a lot faster between the ears than everyone else keep this man healthy and it's a wrap imo
Agree 100%
I LOVE BROCK!!!!
People are giving Brock props right now but he always has to play damn near perfect. Otherwise, the "I told you so!" people are just waiting. The other top QBs aren't treated this way. Actually the opposite. Guys like Jordan love and herb are constantly put in the top 10 because 2 or 3 times a year they look great. Purdy is constantly placed middle of the league because he has 1 or 2 games where he throws a pick or two.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
People are giving Brock props right now but he always has to play damn near perfect. Otherwise, the "I told you so!" people are just waiting. The other top QBs aren't treated this way. Actually the opposite. Guys like Jordan love and herb are constantly put in the top 10 because 2 or 3 times a year they look great. Purdy is constantly placed middle of the league because he has 1 or 2 games where he throws a pick or two.

This
Originally posted by frenchmov:
People are giving Brock props right now but he always has to play damn near perfect. Otherwise, the "I told you so!" people are just waiting. The other top QBs aren't treated this way. Actually the opposite. Guys like Jordan love and herb are constantly put in the top 10 because 2 or 3 times a year they look great. Purdy is constantly placed middle of the league because he has 1 or 2 games where he throws a pick or two.

I'd agree with you like 2 years ago, but not anymore
Damn Madden gave Purdy a +7 to his speed
Brock will never be the best QB based on his size or arm strength but he can still be the best based on his play. That's where he is right now. His on field play puts him right at the top. People will always look at the physical attributes when ranking QBs mainly because it's hard to evaluate things like how fast you process what you see pre snap and post snap. Pocket awareness. All the unmeasurables. Much easier to measure 40 times and height. How fast and how far the ball travels.

I don't care where anyone has him ranked as long as he keeps playing well.
Originally posted by Since07:
Damn Madden gave Purdy a +7 to his speed

Madden will soon add the "Purdy Factor" for QBs to the game
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone