Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 843 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Maye was overrated. His SB performance was abysmal imo. Watching that game i said - nope, he is not him. Tbh that's what I said about Jimmy back in 19. When you have an and SB. a lot of guys never recover.

Brock played very well in his appearance. He had one or two plays he missed or simply could have read better later in the game, but as you said he did his part. I think we all know he would have thrown a dart to BA if he had more than .3 seconds to throw.

His entire playoff performance was horrendous. Drake maye is just another one hit wonder unless he adapts, and right now he's seeing ghosts
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He throws touchdowns and wins games.

I'm going to move him back into the Brock_STAR category.


And if he throws a few interceptions? Move him back to the s**t list? Lol

I like Brock a lot and support him. Sometimes I would get a little upset and be emotional after some bad games. Like the Ravens game. LOL. But I generally like and support him. I think he's very good. Sometimes I just complained that he's not like Mahomes. Which most QB's are not. He's his own version of very good. We will see how far it can take us. It would help us if this team could get and stay more healthy. If so we have a real chance this year. Maybe to go all the way.

You do get emotional, I'll give you that
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I like Brock a lot and support him. Sometimes I would get a little upset and be emotional after some bad games. Like the Ravens game. LOL. But I generally like and support him. I think he's very good. Sometimes I just complained that he's not like Mahomes. Which most QB's are not. He's his own version of very good. We will see how far it can take us. It would help us if this team could get and stay more healthy. If so we have a real chance this year. Maybe to go all the way.

He's way better than that Herbert fella that throws interceptions and loses games.
Kurt Warner on MNF stated that if the decision was made today, BP would be the league MVP.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Kurt Warner on MNF stated that if the decision was made today, BP would be the league MVP.
Goodell wouldn't have it
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Kurt Warner on MNF stated that if the decision was made today, BP would be the league MVP.
Goodell wouldn't have it

They don't normally decides the MVP after week 3, so Goodell is right to not allow that.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Kurt Warner on MNF stated that if the decision was made today, BP would be the league MVP.

lol we need to chill it's been 3 weeks
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Kurt Warner on MNF stated that if the decision was made today, BP would be the league MVP.

But the decision isn't being made today and there is still a lot of football left to be played, so I'm not sure that anyone saying Brock would win it based on a three-game sample size is particularly relevant to anything. Warner has always been a fan of Brock's though, so perhaps his articulating that thought will finally help change the narrative of all of those in the National media who seem intent on not giving Brock his due.

From a point of sheer physicality, Brock is never going to match up to guys like Allen and Jackson but given the number of boneheaded plays that Allen seems to make in big games, like simply putting the ball on the ground when there's no one around him, I'm not sure there are many QBs out there who are playing the position as well as Brock. Certainly, no one in the NFC.

I don't really follow AFC teams so don't know what's going on over there too much. Mahomes seems to be playing at a high level again, don't know about Jackson. Cousins seems to be playing pretty well at the moment. I have watched highlights of a couple of the Raider's games and it's easy to see why Kyle wanted to get him. He would have fit really well in this system and if the team had decided to wait on him rather than make the deal for Jimmy we may very well have had that sixth Lombardi by now. But that's the way things go. I always liked Jimmy, even with his limitations, and it would have been nice if he had been able to bring that trophy home. Go Niners!
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Feels like the Superbowl broke Maye. Purdy went through that same experience of losing but didn't let it define him or break him down.

I was talking to a Pats fan yesterday and was talking about Maye, how he wasn't doing well. I was surprised, I haven't followed what he's been doing over there yet this season. I heard he missed training camp? And it could just be rust.

IMO he was the product of good timing and unsustainable play. He's gonna be more Carson Wentz than FQB
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Kurt Warner on MNF stated that if the decision was made today, BP would be the league MVP.

lol we need to chill it's been 3 weeks

although he would be youre right its onlyu been 3 weeks

Last year Baker wouldve been the runaway MVP at this time. Daniel Jones wouldve likely been 2nd
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
He's way better than that Herbert fella that throws interceptions and loses games.

How dare you badmouth the Football Robot (TM) who would be anyone's first choice around whom you'd build a football team (also TM)? Even his fumbles are Elite.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Kurt Warner on MNF stated that if the decision was made today, BP would be the league MVP.

Need to see what he does against Denver and Seattle. Those will be the big tests to see if he is truly destined for the MVP. Can't have another Ravens game that derailed his MVP title run.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 37,244
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Kurt Warner on MNF stated that if the decision was made today, BP would be the league MVP.

Need to see what he does against Denver and Seattle. Those will be the big tests to see if he is truly destined for the MVP. Can't have another Ravens game that derailed his MVP title run.

I really wish this MVP narrative would simmer down.

it is unnecessary weight that he doesn't need to carry right now.

The goal is a SB.

Some game plans may require running and short passing not hero ball. No need to chase an award.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Kurt Warner on MNF stated that if the decision was made today, BP would be the league MVP.

Need to see what he does against Denver and Seattle. Those will be the big tests to see if he is truly destined for the MVP. Can't have another Ravens game that derailed his MVP title run.

I really wish this MVP narrative would simmer down.

it is unnecessary weight that he doesn't need to carry right now.

The goal is a SB.

Some game plans may require running and short passing not hero ball. No need to chase an award.

The team does a great job of blocking everything outside out but I do agree with that the fans are going overboard and I know a lot are bandwagoners too
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone